RENTAL CAR: Skip the line

Well they didn’t ask to see any proof of Costco membership at the Alamo counter in terminal C. There was no line and if we weren’t two hours early for our ressie we would’ve been out pretty fast. (She had to adjust our ressie so that we could keep our price the same). We had reserved an economy because it was only two of us. They told us to pick from the intermediate aisle which had almost all small SUV’s. We took a Kia. 😜
I just made an Alamo reservation through Costco for Monday Feb 19 and was able to checkin online and print a skip the counter bar code. A small SUV was a few bucks cheaper than a Compact car so that's what I will have.

I originally had a reservation through Avis because I could just return it at Cabana Bay at Universal, but Avis wouldn't let me add my credit card to my profile because it is already on DH's profile. That is the card with our primary rental car insurance. It's on my Budget profile, and they are the same company, but no dice. So I cancelled it. Alamo returning at the airport and grabbing an Uber to Universal will still be cheaper than the Avis, which I was going with for convenience.

Years ago Alamo in PHX asked for my COSTCO card and swiped it to capture my mrmbersip #. I had to check in. It was a one way rental, drop off at LAS. The vehicle I was assigned reeked of smoke. They gave me different car. Both had Nevada plates.

For a forst time rental with budget one still has to stop at the counter even if you are signed up for Fastbreak.

I just made an Alamo reservation through Costco for Monday Feb 19 and was able to checkin online and print a skip the counter bar code. A small SUV was a few bucks cheaper than a Compact car so that's what I will have.

So we had a whole thing when our flight home was canceled this past Saturday. We decided to rebook the flight for the following morning over a night flight that same day. We tried to just add a day to our Alamo rental by calling and they said it would be like $230 for one extra day, so we said we'd bring the car back. I figured that ubering back to the Boardwalk and an additional ride the next morning would be a lot cheaper. Just before we were ready to call an Uber I checked Costco and saw a sporty car for $65. I booked it and I was able to check in and skip the counter this time on my phone.

When we returned the car the next morning the rate was much higher. When I showed the Alamo attendant my confirmation for $65 I saw the date I reserved was off by a day. I was just going to suck it up because we were running to catch an earlier flight since our current one was delayed 2 hours. He was so nice though and he honored the $65!

No problems with skip the line (Alamo through Costco at MCO) on Monday. Was not asked for my Costco card.

Has anyone used Budget MCO lately? I'm wondering if we can skip the line (we did in the past) with Fastbreak.

Has anyone used Budget MCO lately? I'm wondering if we can skip the line (we did in the past) with Fastbreak.
We did about 2 weeks ago. We went to the garage, but didn’t have a contract in their stand. We had about a 10 minute wait in line at the FastBreak counter where the agent found our reservation and assigned our stall. Not bad as the line in the terminal was at least a 20 minute wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter