Rental Car Prices are STUPID!

How exactly did you add your Fast break number I have been trying All Day :)
I chatted with Budget and they told me I cannot add my fastbreak number since it was booked through UCT. However, you can at least check in online and say some time. For the price difference for our trip, I told my husband I'll wait in line while he gets luggage!

If you log into your fastbreak account and add your reservation that seems like all you would need to do. I have the budget app on my phone when I log in my reservation that I booked through UCT is there along with all my account info. It's like adding tickets or a resort booked through a third party to MDE.
Thanks for the help!!!!

I have made and cancelled our rental car reservation 3 times now. What I do is I reserve a car but make a pay later reservation with no cancellation fees. Then, I periodically check prices to see if they have gone down. If they have gone down, which so far they have each time, I cancel my initial reservation (through Priceline or Expedia) and then make a new reservation for the cheaper price. The last time I cancelled and then made another reservation I saved $65. I think we are now at $305 for a week in June. Keep me mind that rates fluctuate throughout the week or even on a given day. I think it’s best to check midweek like Tuesday or Wednesday. Best of luck finding a great reservation!

I read a thread on here recently about a family that had a roaches nest in their rental car from MCO!! It sounded horrific. I am sticking with uber/Lyft and we are also staying at Wyndham Bonnet creek. You can get delivery of groceries there on site if you need as well so you might be able to skip that trip out.

I make my reservation through Costco and keep making/canceling/making reservations. We are just a few weeks away from our trip and so far the price has gone down 300 in the last few weeks. My 8-day minivan rental is down to $540.

My husband wants to rent for our may trip. The prices are almost $90 a day!!! I just took my 5 years old and we did Lyft to and from airport which was under $100 including tips, and I used instacart to deliver any food and forgotten items. We do like having our own car but since the resort in walking distance to Epcot and HS, and I prefer bussing to MK I just can't justify spending the extra money. I only like having it to run to a few store or grab food off property. Ill keep an eye on prices but if they don't go down I just won't rent.

I read a thread on here recently about a family that had a roaches nest in their rental car from MCO!! It sounded horrific. I am sticking with uber/Lyft and we are also staying at Wyndham Bonnet creek. You can get delivery of groceries there on site if you need as well so you might be able to skip that trip out.

Gross! I heard a similar story (not sure if it was the same) and the rental agency was FOX. Never
heard of them. I've rented so many cars from MCO I have lost count and never a problem. When
you are going to Universal/Seaworld also it is a must. I hate depending on buses but my husband
doesn't mind. However sometimes I drop him and kids at parks and then go shopping . lol

That being said. I HATE they stopped Magical Express! Just another headache for people.

Last edited:
What if you took an Uber or Lyft to the off airport car rental company? Is that a possibility?
I don't know how my area (Louisville) is to MCO...but my car rental (we're driving) in a few months is about HALF the price at a particular off-site (Budget/Avis) compared to the airport rentals...and I priced many locations out. I usually stick with a nearby Enterprise, but this is enough of a savings to drive the 20 minutes to pick up/drop off.

I wish mine were going down. I guess the 2 weeks after Easter don't get any discounts. This is for 9 days. Autoslash.com is about $43 less.
I got the $50 off deal at Undercovertourist. Com for $361 for an intermediate.
I'll keep looking but don't expect to find cheaper
Screenshot_20220215-144729_Chrome.jpg

The past two years we’ve paid $1800 a week for SUVs for our western US trips!

We had a Tahoe from DEN last June and it was around $650 and I had to work for that using Hertz and my corporate vs over 55 discount. The weird thing is that I checked Hertz every so often to see if it went down and saw a few weeks before my trip that my actual reservation went up to $1200. I called Hertz and they said to bring my original email and it should be fine. It was so odd at the Hertz desk that they said "well, you are using a Corp discount and they decided to black out June for the discount". I was like "huh? I've been using my corp discount for 15 years and this has never happened". They honored the original price. Just make sure to never delete your confirmation with the price!

We have a Jetta reserved in June in Bozeman for 8 days...over $700. 3 years ago it was under $350 for an Escalade SUV!

With many people driving and avoiding airlines, the rental car industry is booming. They are also making up for loss in 2020. We have been looking at car rental for 8 days...for a small car with the full rental insurance, it is about $800 before gas.

I make my reservation through Costco and keep making/canceling/making reservations. We are just a few weeks away from our trip and so far the price has gone down 300 in the last few weeks. My 8-day minivan rental is down to $540.
That is still ridiculous. :(

With many people driving and avoiding airlines, the rental car industry is booming. They are also making up for loss in 2020. We have been looking at car rental for 8 days...for a small car with the full rental insurance, it is about $800 before gas.

And they sold off a lot of their fleet in 2020 -- it's a perfect storm of issues.

We have a Jetta reserved for 8 days out of BZN in June for over 700. I'm President's Circle (first time, thanks to Venture X) so supposedly I get a free upgrade.

I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but has anyone been able to add an extra driver on an UndercoverTourist rental? Also can you cancel with them and rebook for lower price?

I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but has anyone been able to add an extra driver on an UndercoverTourist rental? Also can you cancel with them and rebook for lower price?
I would like to know this as well

Budget fastbreak is a must if your going to MCO.

They have had lines of over 2 hours waiting for people whom never rent to get through the process….

you have been warned.

I had a standard rental car at MCO thru Alamo for $350 for the week, booked way in advance. I really wanted a minivan, but every time I checked prices were over $1000, so I was just going to go for the standard and have some in our party do some ubers (all over 21, but a party of six). And what do you know, when I went to pick out my car, they said pick anything in this row. There was a minivan there. I said can I get the minivan without any extra charge and they said yes. The rental is complete too without any extra charges. I had to be in a position where I would have been fine without the minivan not to have one reserved, but wow -- I was a happy camper on my March spring break rental at getting a minivan for the price I paid.

What makes you think people are avoiding airlines? Flights are full by the way.

And if you are avoiding airlines, wouldn't they be driving their own cars having no impact on rental cars?

I thought the conventional wisdom is that they sold off their fleets in 2020 and haven't been able to replenish them yet? I belive our airport is back to pre-pandemic travel stats, so even if there is a small % of rental cars still unavailable, that's enough to cost us all more to make up the revenues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter