Rental car pick up wait times?

GreatAuntie

Earning My Ears
Booking my rental car for June from MCO. Last November we waited over an hour at MCO to pick up from Budget so I don't want to rent from them again. Lines for other carriers seemed shorter and better staffed. The best deals I'm currently finding are Dollar and Thrifty. Anyone have any suggestions on a rental agency with reasonable lines? I also won't rent from Hertz as a rental in Colorado turned into waiting hours because they overbooked and were handing out cars as they were returned. Thanks for any tips.

I usually go with Alamo and get a good deal on Costco. We pre-register so we don't even have to stop at the desk. I will never do Budget at MCO again.

Booking my rental car for June from MCO. Last November we waited over an hour at MCO to pick up from Budget so I don't want to rent from them again. Lines for other carriers seemed shorter and better staffed. The best deals I'm currently finding are Dollar and Thrifty. Anyone have any suggestions on a rental agency with reasonable lines? I also won't rent from Hertz as a rental in Colorado turned into waiting hours because they overbooked and were handing out cars as they were returned. Thanks for any tips.
Why did you not register and skip the line? I wouldn't assume any other rental car agenies are better staffed.

Budget Fast Break members don't wait in any line (except for your first rental, so they can get your driver's license information in the system).

My trip last fall, I walked straight out to the garage, found my folder on the Fast Break board and headed to the car. Maybe 30 minutes total from the time I walked off the plane and sat in the rental car.

Budget Fast Break members don't wait in any line (except for your first rental, so they can get your driver's license information in the system).
You don't have to wait when you get to MCO. You can go to any budget to verify your information, that way your don't have to waster yout time in line at the airport. This is the way Avis works so I would assume budget is the same.

I prefer Alamo because if you check in online, you get head directly to the garage and you get to choose your car there. That said, our last rental was through Budget. We did go directly to the garage, but our contract wasn’t in the stand. I had to wait about 10 minutes in line at the garage kiosk before getting our vehicle. We booked a full-size car, but ended up in a full-size SUV which we liked.

So until I started using FastBreak, Budget was on my never again list. Now that my FB is enabled the entire process is a breeze and I've been out immediately after getting my luggage. The only disadvantage now is Budget still assigns a car verse Alamo that let's you pick. Depending on price Budget and Alamo are my go to at MCO

There was a time that Budget wasn't honoring Fast break at MCO, or anywhere else. That seems to have been corrected. Dollar and Thrifty did the same thing last year, and are owned by Hertz. My suggestion would be if you want a higher end experience, book a higher end company. Avis, National, Enterprise and Alamo all have options to skip the counter. My last trip in January I was from baggage claim to driving out of the ramp in about 10 minutes with National.

Does anyone know if Enterprise has the "Go right to the garage" option?
We did sign up for the membership but I don't see any info on going right to the garage for members..

Why did you not register and skip the line? I wouldn't assume any other rental car agenies are better staffed.
I had to show them my license. I thought maybe I could still go to express but they said no even though they had my credit card information & I already paid. Luckily I left my travel partner in the regular line while I checked so we didn't have to go back to the end of the line.

I usually go with Alamo and get a good deal on Costco. We pre-register so we don't even have to stop at the desk. I will never do Budget at MCO again.
I checked Alamo and they were just a bit more money so worth it to not wait in line.

My trip last fall, I walked straight out to the garage, found my folder on the Fast Break board and headed to the car. Maybe 30 minutes total from the time I walked off the plane and sat in the rental car.
Good to know.

Does anyone know if Enterprise has the "Go right to the garage" option?
We did sign up for the membership but I don't see any info on going right to the garage for members..
They do. It operates just like Alamo's preregistration option where you go directly to the area of the class you booked and can take any vehicle in that area.

Everyone wants the best deals. As a result, the longest lines are usually going to be the ones with the best deals. Because that's where everyone is going. Having said that, the best way to minimize long lines is to join the loyalty program as stated a few times above, whether its Budget, Dollar, Thrifty, Hertz, etc. By joining the loyalty program, you skip the main counter line and they give you some 'priority' by expediting your rental pick up. Some companies 'expedite' a lot better than others. But thats the gist of it.

Booking my rental car for June from MCO. The best deals I'm currently finding are Dollar and Thrifty. Anyone have any suggestions on a rental agency with reasonable lines?
I think you already nailed it.....Dollar & Thrifty are cheaper.......And, Dollar has Dollar Express which lets you skip the counter & go directly to the garage....I would do that.....good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter