• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rental Car GAS FILL before returning to MCO

tms295psu

Mouseketeer
Any suggestions where to stop for a final Gas Fill Up before returning our rental car @ MCO???

We will be heading back to MCO from the Kissimee area... I don't want to have to pay $$$$ to drop it off needing gas.

DO NOT stop at the Chevron at I-4/SR 535 or the Shell on Vineland Rd. Their prices are already over $6/gallon.

If you're on WDW property, you can stop at a Hess station. You'll still be plenty full upon return at MCO.

If you go on the Bee Line (SR-528) to MCO, there's reasonable stations within an exit or two of the airport. I know one is a RaceTrack.

If you're taking the Greeneway to the airport (SR-417), your options are more limited. In that case, I'd find something in Kissimmee...some on US-192 are decent.

In any event, be sure to look at the pump to see what you're really being charged. Some stations in the area have been known to play games...

I fill at a Circle K/Shell station on Boggy Creek. At the bottom of the airport exit off SR 417, take a right and it's about a mile or so south.

If you take the beachline (528) back to the airport like we do, you pass through the first of two toll booths. After the first booth look for the Jetport Drive exit. When you come to the bottom of the ramp there is a 7-11 just to your left. The prices are reasonable. The are not jacked up and you are much closer to the airport. Make sure you get a receipt just in case you are asked or there is an issue when returning your car. Just whip out the receipt if they say anything about the gas and it should shut them up. Leave the 7-11 the way you came in and hang a right out of the driveway and get in the center lane at the light. Go through the light and go up the ramp to the left. You will see the signs in front of you to get back on 528. You then reach the second toll booth and right after that is the off ramp for the airport. Stay to your right and you are on your way to the airport.

Just one more thing. One of the toll booths, I think it is the first one you will come to ON YOUR WAY TO THE AIRPORT FROM DISNEY OR THE SECOND IF YOU ARE COMING FROM THE AIRPORT TO DISNEY, has put in multiple express lanes in the center of the highway. If you pay cash you actually have to almost exit the road to use cash. So whatever directions you are travelling and paying cash, stay to your right and pay attention to the sghts until you clear both toll plazas. If you go through these express lanes without setting up something with the rental company you will get nailed big time in extra fees besides the actual toll.

Good luck and safe driving

I have filled up many times at the Hess station across from Hollywood Studios before returning the car. Reasonable prices. Never had an issue with the amount of gas upon return.

I-4 East (northeast) to 528 (Beach Line fka Bee Line) east. Watch for toll booth advisory signs and take what looks like exit ramp here to pay toll if you use quarters or dollar bill.

Get off 528 at its exit 9 (TRADEport). Left and cross under, nice cheap gas station is right there on left.

Leaving the gas station you want to go north which is either one or two lefts depending on which way you exited the gas station. Get into middle lane. Required right onto McCoy, just over a mile is next light (436; Semoran). Right to enter airport, left to view the super expensive gas station that has been about $2.00 per gallon above the average day in and day out for years.

Another reason to read all of the pump markings before starting -- The premium pump position may vary in terms of left, right, or center.

seashore, I'd printed out your directions from another thread, and we went to that station. Worked out fine, though hubby kept saying (as I took him on McCoy) "we're on this road to save 75 cents?"... I just said "yes". :rotfl: I might skip the toll-skipping in the future, but that gas station worked out well. :)

seashore, I'd printed out your directions from another thread, and we went to that station. Worked out fine, though hubby kept saying (as I took him on McCoy) "we're on this road to save 75 cents?"... I just said "yes". :rotfl: I might skip the toll-skipping in the future, but that gas station worked out well. :)

The airport toll plaza on the 528 is now $1.00. Taking Seashore's bypass using McCoy Road, which is a frontage road running along the northside of the 528 between Tradeport and 436, bypasses that toll and thus saves a bit more now.
Easy enough and you're right there anyway if refilling the rental car at that 7-Eleven.

BobK/Orlando

If you're taking the Greeneway to the airport (SR-417), your options are more limited.

There is a Hess station right where World Center Drive merges into SR-417, at the intersection with International Drive. Address of the station is 7900 World Center Drive. I always gas up there before heading to the airport. It's only a few hundred feet before you get on the tollway, on the right side, so it's easy to get in and out. Also you don't have to worry about getting off the tollway or paying an extra toll. I have never had any problems with the car's tank being considered full enough.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

The airport toll plaza on the 528 is now $1.00. Taking Seashore's bypass using McCoy Road, which is a frontage road running along the northside of the 528 between Tradeport and 436, bypasses that toll and thus saves a bit more now.
Easy enough and you're right there anyway if refilling the rental car at that 7-Eleven.

BobK/Orlando

It was before 6am in the dark, and we had to make two lefts out of the place (one from the parking lot and one with the light) and McCoy was dark and spooky and weird and The Unknown, and the bright tollbooths were right there and it just felt weird.

Daytime, or the NEXT time we do it, it'll be fine. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter