Rental Car for 8?

ktglads

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever rented something for a reasonable amount of money that would fit 8 people AND the luggage? A minivan would fit the bodies, but we barely fit 6 and luggage last year and now we get to add more people! Does anyone have any suggestions? I have looked into shuttle service, but we are changing hotels from Universal to Disney, so that would be an extra expense. Any suggestions would be great!

The only thing I cn think of that would accomodate 8 plus their luggage would be one of the larger vans - the 15 passenger models. Not sure how much those go for. In your position, I'd consider two cars (assuming there will be more than one person willing and able to drive). That way, you'd have additional flexibility as sometimes, not everyone want to go to the same place at the same time. I think it will also be a less expensive option than the large van, which you may or may not be comfortable driving and parking.

Good luck!

I second the vote for two vehicles. We stayed offsite a couple years ago with two families and while normally we all went to the same place, there were some days we went our own way.

If we go with 2 cars, then what size would be best to fit the luggage? We could definitely fit 4 people in a midsize, but can it fit 4 large suitcases + carryons for everyone? Our problem last year was rain since we could not put our luggage on the top of the car going back to the airport. Does anyone know of a collapsable luggage bag or something along those lines that could be used?

Put at least 5 people in 1 car, you can stack the luggage in the back seat of the other car.

I would check again with some of the shuttle services. I do remember reading that some of them have the really big vans. I think you are going to pay alot for two cars. The shuttle service even if you pay 200.00 for a shuttle service, you will have way more than that on two cars. Look into things again.

We had 9 and 2 cars was tight with the luggage. You would do better with a minivan and a car. Mostly depends how much luggage you'll have. My kids enjoyed having their own car.

You might also consider a 15 passenger van from Dollar Rental. They don't list them on the website but using the GMF40 code and calling Dollar at 1-800-423-4704 will get you a nice rate.

Thanks,
Dunnthat

You might also want to call the MCO Airport Budget Location - we rented a GMC Yukon XL (Full-size SUV, "Ford Expedition or similar") from them. I think we paid $599/week for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter