Rental car- anyone used ACE had good/bad experiences? time to get to car?

Christinecinti

Christy
Hi there! We like to have a rental car when we go, and I found a really good deal at Ace rental car that I have reserved... there are alot of negative online reviews, but most are from years ago. Wondered if anyone had good/bad experiences? We often rented cheaper places like Thrifty and Fox... and zero problems... but first time with Ace....

Also- this one is 'off airport' and they do a shuttle, so wondered how long your time was to get to your car / check out if you've ever used them.... Thanks so much!!

I have wondered the same thing but the negative reviews has always kept me away.

Thank you so much.... yeah I had already read a bunch of those reviews on yelp and other places, and the reviews were overwhelmingly negative but I didn't know if they were legit... so I was hoping a "Dis" member may have a positive personal experience! I have a reservation with them for a compact that saved me around $260, but after seeing the sheer multitude of negative comments I think I'll end up cancelling it. I started looking at other options a few days ago and while most places are still super high, I found another option with Budget that is still higher than Ace, but not as big of a gap as it was a month or so ago when I originally reserved.

It's still about $120 more ($350 total- which isn't bad for 11 days) but is an SUV instead of an economy/compact. A compact was fine for us, (we just want cheap as possible but still reliable) but the SUV's were on a promo or something so it was same price as their compacts. So while I wouldn't pay the $125 more just to have the SUV, it's a nice perk cause I think I would pay the extra to have a reliable company. I hate to pay $125 more, but at least it's way less extra cost than it would have been, and I don't want to risk being super stressed over possible rental car fiasco on vaca :( I think it's my safest best since no Dis folks have any positive personal stories of Ace. I'll keep checking rentals daily as well to see if they go down.

Nov 15-26th, so it's over T-giving.... I've been checking each day, and the one at Budget that I reserved came down another $25 or so, so now it's only about 100 over the Ace one, so I'm def gonna cancel Ace. Plus keep checking each day in case it comes any more. So as of right now it's my original Ace "they pick the car" at $228, compared to the SUV at Budget that just went from $350 down to $325ish.... I really wanted IN the airport anyway so we didn't have to mess with a shuttle (we're trying to go right from the airport to magic kingdom that night since it's their extended hours)....

Usually each year I get one in the 230-240 range. So I'm gonna keep looking, but at this point it sure sounds like even risking it not coming down the 325ish at Budget may be a safer bet than the cheaper on at Ace where I may be taking a big chance :(

If you have a Costco membership or know someone that does you can get a small SUV for those dates for $291 from Budget. Plus it might go down more. They have never asked to see my card and I have also booked for my family members and they have never been asked for one.

Nov 15-26th, so it's over T-giving.... I've been checking each day, and the one at Budget that I reserved came down another $25 or so, so now it's only about 100 over the Ace one, so I'm def gonna cancel Ace. Plus keep checking each day in case it comes any more. So as of right now it's my original Ace "they pick the car" at $228, compared to the SUV at Budget that just went from $350 down to $325ish.... I really wanted IN the airport anyway so we didn't have to mess with a shuttle (we're trying to go right from the airport to magic kingdom that night since it's their extended hours)....

Usually each year I get one in the 230-240 range. So I'm gonna keep looking, but at this point it sure sounds like even risking it not coming down the 325ish at Budget may be a safer bet than the cheaper on at Ace where I may be taking a big chance :(

If you have a Costco membership or know someone that does you can get a small SUV for those dates for $291 from Budget. Plus it might go down more. They have never asked to see my card and I have also booked for my family members and they have never been asked for one.

I've been asked for my Costco card several times. Mainly by Budget/Avis. The last Budget rep said, " it says on here I have to ask for your Costco card". YMMV.

I've been asked for my Costco card several times. Mainly by Budget/Avis. The last Budget rep said, " it says on here I have to ask for your Costco card". YMMV.

Interesting. Good to know but can only go by experience and I have rented about 100 cars all from Costco Travel. Maybe you can play dumb and say you must have put it in my other wallet or purse. Not sure but maybe have two reservations in case but thats a pretty good savings to try for in my opinion

Interesting. Good to know but can only go by experience and I have rented about 100 cars all from Costco Travel. Maybe you can play dumb and say you must have put it in my other wallet or purse. Not sure but maybe have two reservations in case but thats a pretty good savings to try for in my opinion

Using a discount that you knowingly don't qualify for is never a good idea. It's fraud, actually.

I've probably rented cars at MCO through Costco 20 times in the last 7 years. Never once been asked to see my Costco membership. I usually rent through Alamo (as they have the most fair toll charge system), but I've also done National, Budget and Enterprise. Of course, you need to login to the Costco travel site to book the reservation, so you will need a membership for that. Best thing about the Costco rentals, besides the price, is that they all include an additional driver at no extra charge - and though I do 98% of the driving, it's nice to have the option to let the wife drive if I get accidentally overserved. Having a Costco membership (and their fabulous Visa card) is a nice package - not only do you make the car rentals on the up and up, but the insurance coverage through their card for Costco rentals is fantastic. Of course, I shop at Costco 3 times a week, so I can't imagine not having a membership.

As for ACE, I have never rented from them, but years ago I ignored all the horrific reviews for a place called EZ in Orlando, and it was a disaster. They didn't have a minivan for us, then they shuttled us to some other lot 40 minutes away, found us a van which was disgusting ... it took about 2 hours just to get our car. No savings is worth starting your trip off like that. Stick with the big boys at MCO, book early, and check often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter