Renewing Wedding Vows @ WDW and DVC

TandyR

DIS Veteran
My DH and I are talking about renewing our wedding vows at WDW for our 10th Wedding anniversary which will be in 2004. We are DVC members and since we have two small kids (well they will be 7 and 4 when we do this, if we do this) we would rather stay at our normal 2 bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge, so the question is if we want the Deluxe Intimate Wedding Package would we have to pay the full amount since we would already have Disney accomodations or do they not allow that? Has anyone done this with DVC?

Thanks for the help.

Hi! You can get the Deluxe Intimate add-on package, which was $2100 for 2002. It includes everything in the regular Deluxe wedding package, but it excludes the park passes & hotel accommodations.
Cheers!
Heather W

We too are DVCers and are renewing our vows. I looked extensively into the renewal at either the wedding pavilion or on the cruise. We opted for the seven night cruise (we leave in 3 weeks). :) We're in the same situation with not needing hotel or park tickets. We have two children also and we'd want to stay at OKW in our usual 2br.

The current add-on prices (without tickets and hotel) are $2,100 for any venue other than the wedding pavilion or $2,900 to have your ceremony at the pavilion. Unfortunately, your only option is to do the intimate wedding package when renewing at WDW. The cruise offers a different alternative for renewals with the package being priced at $1,099.

Hope that helps a bit. Good luck with your plans.

Reneé

Renee,
Where are you having your renewal on the cruise? Another member of the Disneymooner list was told by the cruise that the location options were very limited for vow renewals, and that Castaway Cay wasn't a choice. Just wondering if you were able to get a different answer, and if so, who you spoke with.
Cheers!
Heather W

Hi Heather,

When they (FTW) first stared offering the renewal packages the only choice was Castaway Cay (along with the price tag of the wedding as well). When they came up with the renewal package aboard the ship it left Castaway Cay for weddings only. I was told if I wanted to pay for the wedding package I could have my renewal on CC. With the uncertainty of weather I wasn't willing to make that an option.

The renewal package is very similar to an intimate wedding package. We will have our renewal performed by the ship's captain. It will take place in Sessions at 3:30pm on the second at sea day of our 7-day cruise. Sessions is the adult only piano bar so we will have a piano player for our ceremony and cake/champagne reception. We will have dinner at Palo later that evening. One thing that I really like is that you are not limited as to wearing your attire (as you are in the parks). The characters will also be available for photos as the ceremony takes place on the semiformal evening and the characters are all out for photo ops. While they won't be there for the cake cutting we will have plenty of opportunities for pics with them that evening.

I've really had a ball planning this. I've made my daughter (age 10) a Minnie Stephanotis bouquet as she will be my maid of honor. And I've made our son (age 7) a Mickey Stephanotis boutonniere as he's our best man.

3 weeks and counting. :)

Reneé

Hi!

What do you get for $2900 for vow renewals at wedding pavillion ?

I would prefer to book rooms seperately with AP rate. I would not want a reception and would be happy with a nice meal insead.:confused:

The intimate wedding add-on package gets:
On-site Wedding Coordinator
- Officiant to perform wedding ceremony
- Choice of fresh flower bouquet for the Bride and boutonniere for the Groom
- One solo musician (violinist, flutist, or classical guitarist) for ceremony and cake cutting reception
- Elegant two-tier wedding cake served by host/hostess with keepsake cake topper and one bottle of Fairy Tale Cuvee for the toast
- Special Romance Tote Bag and wedding keepsake
- Disney Wedding Certificate signed by Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse
- Four (4) consecutive hour limousine charter for transportation to and from wedding ceremony and reception from your Disney Resort
- Organist for pavilion ceremony
- Rental of wedding pavilion for ceremony

If you go to www.disneyweddings.com you'll see all of the different package information. The add-on is only different in that it doesn't include the hotel (and I can't remember if it includes park passes or not).
The cake cutting reception is only about 45 minutes long, so it wouldn't stand in place of a full dinner reception, but it is a lot of fun and comes with every package.
Cheers!
Heather W

Thanks for the info Heather, Can you please tell me what the cake cutting reception is exactly, there would be only myself DH, DSd, dd, dd, biL.

Hi! The cake cutting reception is usually held at Commander's Terrace, one of the balconies at the GF. We got to have ours in the foyer of Citrico's & V&A's, because another event had run overtime on Commander's Terrace.
The cake cutting reception is a lot of fun, and just a relaxing time, after the stress of the ceremony & all that getting ready. We had our reception there, so we entered, and our photographer was taking pictures while we did the cake cutting, feeding each other cake, etc. then the champagne toast for everyone. Andy (husband) and my brother (the best man) both made toasts here.
Then we got to just sit down and RELAX finally, and have a slice of cake while the violinist played Disney songs. It was very peaceful and nice.
Then we did the first dance, (or maybe we did that before we ate cake?), and then left to have more pictures taken on the GF beach. After our cake cutting reception, we took everyone to afternoon tea at the Garden View Lounge.
Let me know if you have any other questions!
Cheers!
Heather W

My DH and I are trying to renew our vows next Oct. So far we have not had any luck getting anyone to help us. Any suggestions. We are going to be at WDW in Dec and even wrote them a letter about 5 weeks ago asking for a meeting and so far we havn't heard from anyone. I am starting to get stressed out because we want to do it on 10/7 which is the day we got married 25 years ago.
Rebecca

You need to *call* Fairy Tale Weddings or at the very least use their online information form to request more details.
http://disney.go.com/vacations/disneyweddings/vows/index.html

Additionally, you might not be able to get an onsight meeting- these are alledgedly reserved only for Custom weddings now. But of course when you actually speak with someone, you can get the full scoop.

Also join the Disneymooners list. You'll see them netioned in just about every other post on this bulletin board.

-Andrew

You could do a "do it yourself" renewal if you already have the DVC rental - Here is a lady that offers a personal chef service in Orlando that could do the intimate gourmet dinner, catering , wedding cake or what ever you needed and probably for a fraction of Disney costs. : Creative Kitchens

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter