Renewing our vows??

MicheleC

DVC Member--BWV and BL
My husband and I promised each other that since we didn't have our wedding at
Disney (we figured it would be too hard to get everyone there that wanted to
be with us that day), that we would renew our vows at 10 years. It seemed so far
away that I didn't really think too much about it. My husband brought it up the other
day that we will be married 7 years this November. So...I guess we need to start
thinking about the plans...can anyone help me get started. Who do I talk to at Disney?
What has anyone else experienced? Any ideas on where/when/how and details???
We belong to DVC so I'm hoping to use points to get several rooms for relatives and such.

Thanks!

Michele, start here: Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings website. Then give them a call. You still are a ways away from your vow renewal date, but you can certainly begin becoming familiar with what the Fairy Tale Weddings folks have to offer. By the way, you can request a FTW planning video and information packet.

Have you been to the Disney website that Janet suggested? We are having a WDW Intimate wedding, which means we can have up to 8 guests. We can add on 5 extra guests, for a total party of 13 guests plus bride and groom, for an additional $500 fee.
If you are a DVC member, and you want to use the intimate vow renewal package, you can get the add-on package, which is less than the regular package, because the regular package includes 4 nights hotel plus Ultimate Park Hopper passes. I think that the Premium add-on is $2960, instead of $4300.
If you're 3 years away, you have a while to go. You can book the intimate weddings up to 12 months ahead of time. For a custom (larger) wedding, you can book your ceremony site 12 months in advance, but can't book your reception site until 8 months in advance.
Let us know if you have any particular questions, or if you know whether you would want an intimate or a custom vow renewal.
Cheers!
Heather P

Hi.
We just renewed our vows in Disney for our 10th anniversary this past January.

It was a dream come true!

Go to fairytaleweddings.com and join the messages boards at yahoogroups.com/disneymooners

Our full recaps of our anniversary will be in there if you do a search.

We renewed our vows in the Wedding Pavilion.
Had Cinderella's Coach for our transportation.
We had 14 people total and enjoyed a lovely reception at the Grand Floridian's Whitehall room and terrace.
Mickey Mouse stopped by as entertainment.

Kim

and to go through Disney , you almost need to take out a second mortgage! LOL!!
We booked our wedding "renewal" outside of Disney. Anytime Disney is involved it is very expensive.

We will be married 10 years on April 26th and are staying at the AKL. This is our first time staying in the park. I got in touch with Rev. Tim Herring. He has done a few of the "Lifetime" weddings on tv. His website is:

http://www.orlandoweddinglocations.com/revtim/index.html

He has different sites you can pick from. We will be having the service at the Leu Gardens. It is about 20 minutes from the AKL. We wanted to keep it simple and keep the price down. It will just be the 2 of us. Very intimate.
Admission to the garden, his services plus a photographer is costing us $500. I thought this was reasonable. We are picking out certain readings we want to have and everything. He says the photographer will take as many pictures as you want, then you take the film home with you and have it developed yourself. My aunt is a photographer so she will professionally develop them for me.

Then we plan to spend the day at the lodge, maybe get a couples massage in the room, a swim, and dinner at night at the california grille and illuminations afterwards. I can't wait.

I called the "WDW FLorist" for flowers today, the AKL lodge reccommended them. There prices start at $150 for a bouquet "YIKES" and they have all sorts of delivery charges (like $25 and up) The flowers seem like they will cost as much as the whole ceremony lol!

Anyone know of any other florists in the area??

Hope this information helps!
:) :)

Hi! We are doing the intimate wedding package through FTW, and believe it or not, it's not that expensive if you can limit yourself to package only. I think it starts at $2100 for a Deluxe Intimate Wedding ceremony and cake cutting reception, and includes things like a musician, bouquet & boutonniere, 4 hours of limo, champagne toast, wedding cake, etc. Pretty much all-inclusive, except for a real dinner reception.
We went through an outside florist for our flowers besides my bouquet and Andy's boutonniere. For a MOH bouquet, 2 double rose corsages, and 3 boutonnieres, the total was only $89, which is extremely reasonable. Here is their website, if you'd like to look into them for flowers. Call and they can customize a bouquet for you:
http://www.wishingwellflorist.com
Another site which lists vendors is the Unofficial Disney Weddings page, http://www.yourfairytale.com
Cheers!
Heather P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter