Renewed DAS online today for trip next month. Some changes. Some confirmations.

MegMoves

From Planning to Owning in one Pandemic
Today was my 3rd or 4th time renewing DAS. One big change, to me. And one debunked rumor.

As it was the last few times pre-registering for DAS - my wait in the initial queue was an hour.

The video chat with the cast member was shorter than in previous pre-registrations, as I was transferred back to chat for the advanced ride requests. While on the video call the Disney castmember, Shiloh, let me know there was a lot of misinformation out there and that Disney in-house castmembers will still be doing the registrations - not a third party.

After my video chat, I was transferred back to a chat castmember for the advance ride reservations. NEW TO ME: the castmember, Tammy, sent me a secure form to write in my selected dates and ride requests. She then put in my requests on her end, and I was able to ask for changes based on my itinerary before ending the chat.

Today was my 3rd or 4th time renewing DAS. One big change, to me. And one debunked rumor.

As it was the last few times pre-registering for DAS - my wait in the initial queue was an hour.

The video chat with the cast member was shorter than in previous pre-registrations, as I was transferred back to chat for the advanced ride requests. While on the video call the Disney castmember, Shiloh, let me know there was a lot of misinformation out there and that Disney in-house castmembers will still be doing the registrations - not a third party.

After my video chat, I was transferred back to a chat castmember for the advance ride reservations. NEW TO ME: the castmember, Tammy, sent me a secure form to write in my selected dates and ride requests. She then put in my requests on her end, and I was able to ask for changes based on my itinerary before ending the chat.
Glad to hear a positive from someone who has actually done it.

I had to do the same (fill a form and submit it with each days ride selections backups) Oct of last year so they are currently using the same system

I had to do the same (fill a form and submit it with each days ride selections backups) Oct of last year so they are currently using the same system
I did the form last year this time. And because our days were park day/off day/ park day/ off day. I was taking forever and ending up putting in the wrong park and the CM ended up just putting in my choices. All I had to to was say buzz, j and small world. Was soooo much faster.

Yes. It is expected the third party (Inspire Health) will be providing training to CMs and possibly as an advisory capacity, not conducting the DAS interviews directly.

The form for Advanced Selections has been fairly common for several months now.
Yes.
I had heard and posted from the first that Inspire Health would be doing CM training and consultation - not doing the interviews.

WDW has been doing the secure form for Advance Selections for a long time - maybe as far back as when they started
Disneyland just started doing it fairly recently from what I’ve read

When I went x2 last year, I didn't have a form, just a longer interview. This was my first time doing the form. The DAS WDW cast member doing the interview is who told me they were't using a third party, like Universal does. That's all I'm reporting is what was directly relayed to me by the person in video chat.

I think the photo happened while doing the interview, I don't remember if before or after discussing my concerns. They are - rightly so - cracking down on those that don't need the DAS service. They have other ways to deal with other concerns - which will be accommodated - just not through DAS. (For instance, mobility issues have other work-arounds.)

Those that fraudulently use DAS will be banned from the parks, including not refunding any paid passes or tickets.

Again, you are the expert in how it was done with you - this is just how it was for me, the other day.

I did my chat today. Waited 3 hours, which is actually an improvement over the 2 days it took the last time we took a trip to WDW. I wasn’t prepared for the 30 day period to include all the dates of your trip. I was off by one day but we’ll make it work.

I also wasn’t prepared for them picking the times for the advance selections somewhat randomly. I had them change the times once but felt badly to ask for them to be changed again so my advance times are basically worthless. They have me transversing the parks at odd times. It’s not going to work. If I had to do it again, I would fill out the form with desired times after each ride choice even though they don’t ask for it. I think that would help a lot.

I did my chat today. Waited 3 hours, which is actually an improvement over the 2 days it took the last time we took a trip to WDW. I wasn’t prepared for the 30 day period to include all the dates of your trip. I was off by one day but we’ll make it work.

I also wasn’t prepared for them picking the times for the advance selections somewhat randomly. I had them change the times once but felt badly to ask for them to be changed again so my advance times are basically worthless. They have me transversing the parks at odd times. It’s not going to work. If I had to do it again, I would fill out the form with desired times after each ride choice even though they don’t ask for it. I think that would help a lot.
I’ve gotten the form the last few times I renewed and found it a pain. But it really is irrelevant at this point since preselects are being eliminated with the new DAS.

I also got the form. It had four days. I could have asked for more but I’d didn’t. Truthfully we rarely use them as the times we get are so random and don’t work for us a lot. I almost didn’t do them this time but I’d already been waiting so long.

Sorry, what do you mean by this? I've always registered 30 days before the 1st day of my visit. Is that not the case anymore?

Sorry, what do you mean by this? I've always registered 30 days before the 1st day of my visit. Is that not the case anymore?
Yes, that is what the CM told me on April 14th when I registered. She said the DAS was only good for 30 days and would end May 14th, not for the duration of my trip as previously. My trip is May 12th through May 15th. We are currently not planning a park day for the 15th so I let it go. But it wasn’t just that I couldn’t make advance selections, it’s that the DAS would end at 30 days. Not for 30 days plus the length of your trip. I wasn’t prepared for that.

Yes, that is what the CM told me on April 14th when I registered. She said the DAS was only good for 30 days and would end May 14th, not for the duration of my trip as previously. My trip is May 12th through May 15th. We are currently not planning a park day for the 15th so I let it go. But it wasn’t just that I couldn’t make advance selections, it’s that the DAS would end at 30 days. Not for 30 days plus the length of your trip. I wasn’t prepared for that.
I'm wondering if that is a bit of confusion and misunderstanding on the part of the CM. Or maybe just an incomplete explanation.

Under the new rules, the pre-registration will be valid for 30 days. Within that 30-day period once you essentially "activate" (or use) the tickets associated with your DAS, the DAS accommodations will be valid for length of ticket or 120 days (whichever is shorter). So yes there is an initial 30-day expiration period, but it's simply the pre-registration. If for some reason you pre-register but then need to bump your trip out, you may need to do the pre-registration again if the new trip is further out beyond the 30 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter