• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Remy's Ratatouille Opening October 1, 2021!!

I'm very excited for you guys!

This is in my top 3 of fave ride at DLRP. And the way the buildings look, when you walk down the path, you just feel like you're walking into this little genuine French town.
And the ride is just so much fun, and the carts are so cute!

Ugh—no way am I dealing with anniversary crowds to experience this. Had hoped they’d release earlier as a consolation prize to us who have been loyally visiting during a pandemic, but nope, we just get construction, long waits with no fastpass, closures and reduced menus, at the same prices we payed before the pandemic.

Only silver lining here is that at least Epcot will day quiet on the weekdays between now and October. Park passes for Oct 1 on are going to vanish. Expect hopping will also be limited when this rolls out.

Ugh—no way am I dealing with anniversary crowds to experience this. Had hoped they’d release earlier as a consolation prize to us who have been loyally visiting during a pandemic, but nope, we just get construction, long waits with no fastpass, closures and reduced menus, at the same prices we payed before the pandemic.

Only silver lining here is that at least Epcot will day quiet on the weekdays between now and October. Park passes for Oct 1 on are going to vanish. Expect hopping will also be limited when this rolls out.
First world problems. Disney doesn't owe any of us anything, IMO.

Glad EPCOT is still just an evening park for our next trip, no need to dedicate a half day to it.

People who are ticked off at Disney have plenty of other choices on where to go and spend their money. just my opinion. I am going in May was hoping it would be open it won't be. So when I go in November it will be. not so much a big deal. also gives me something to look forward to in the Fall.

If you owned the business, I don't think you would spend a lot of money opening new attractions and restaurants when attendance is capped and can't get a bump from opening them. It becomes more expense without more revenue when the bottom line is already red.
I would also have loved to see them open by now, but as a business owner, I understand.

And people are still going to Disney with park attendance selling out with only a minimal experience. What incentive do they have to open earlier? I think they’re banking on higher capacity limits and less restrictions by then.

People have done this to themselves by giving Disney their money for half an experience.

I’m glad we are waiting until the end of 2022 to go back.

I was hoping this would be open in time for our early June trip. Oh well, nothing can be done about that, so I'm not going to get upset about it. It'll still be there on our next trip after that!

Really mixed feelings about this. It seems like the ride is almost ready to go and EPCOT is basically "pay $100 to get in to see topiaries and pay more for food and wine" right now. On the other hand, I understand the desire to avoid major crowds. Oh well, at least I no longer need to worry about trying to get a second day at EPCOT on an upcoming trip and can keep my Homecomin' brunch reservation before leisurely making my way over to EPCOT.

Seems like they are hoping to drive some anniversary crowds away from MK.

With the recent opening of the walkway,I wonder if the original plan was to open it by Summer and this is a last minute decision to put it off until October for whatever reason.

If the plan all along was October,why open the walkway in January?

Was really looking forward to trying to discover any more Hidden Remys of Hidden Mickeys other than the Hidden Remys on the walkway.

It’s definitely incentivizing me to consider a future trip in the shorter term than otherwise. We are going this Friday and have a trip planned in May, but then I was planning an extended break. I might have to consider a January/February 2022 trip now once some of the initial crowds have died down. So by delaying it they are capturing a few more customers who would have just ridden it as planned this spring and then disappeared for a little while. I’m sure that’s not a huge segment of their revenue though!

I was really hoping it would be open by this summer but get why they are waiting until the 50th. I'm so glad we were able to ride it in Paris in 2019. It is such a cute ride!

And people are still going to Disney with park attendance selling out with only a minimal experience. What incentive do they have to open earlier? I think they’re banking on higher capacity limits and less restrictions by then.

People have done this to themselves by giving Disney their money for half an experience.

I’m glad we are waiting until the end of 2022 to go back.
Same - possibly 2023, and then only if everything is opened again including shows, fireworks, parades, etc. WDW is not worth half what they charge without these things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter