• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Remy

On FoodieTales there is a review of Remy Brunch & Dinner. Just click on the link in my Sig to read it.

I actually found and read your reviews before I even saw you on the DIS. They were very well written, and I found them helpful. Mostly though, I was hoping to get feedback on the desert party vs brunch. I am definitely doing dinner. If someone has done the dessert event and brunch, I was hoping they would offer advice on which I should choose. I am leaning toward the dessert at the moment.

I tend to be picky myself, so I can relate. Generally I can't stand seafood or mushrooms either. Mayo, catsup, pickles, hot dogs, ugh.

What I've found in recent years as I've decided to be more adventurous is that I like more foods than I used to. Partially it's a mental thing, but I think it's mostly due to the fact that now I'm an adult with a paying job, and I can afford to eat at nice restaurants. :) And when it comes to food like seafood, a talented chef can make all the difference.

I don't mean to dismiss your concerns....I think they're perfectly valid. But I hope that under the masterful watch of the talented chefs at V&A and Remy you find some new experiences you enjoy.

And I will definitely post pics and reviews when I get back. :thumbsup2

I am from Vegas, so I have eaten at quite a few nice restaurants. Most, my husband paid for (he's a foodie) but a decent number of them were freebies (a perk of his job). I attended the Power of Love Gala in 2011 where the celebrity chefs were Jose Andres, Michael Mina, Wolfgang Puck, and François Payard. I will try to be brave and take a bite, but I doubt any chef can make me like seafood (because the aforementioned ones could not).

Thanks. I look forward to reading your review and seeing your pictures.

I actually found and read your reviews before I even saw you on the DIS. They were very well written, and I found them helpful. Mostly though, I was hoping to get feedback on the desert party vs brunch. I am definitely doing dinner. If someone has done the dessert event and brunch, I was hoping they would offer advice on which I should choose. I am leaning toward the dessert at the moment.

Thank you for the kind words!

I'll also be interested in hearing about the desert party. Our next cruise on one of the new ships isn't until April though.

Eating at Remy is like eating at a Michelin rated restaurant. It was superb. I've eaten in some of the finest restaurants in Manhattan and in Europe, and it was comparable. I was pleasantly surprised!

Thanks. I've never been to Europe, but I find Manhattan restaurants to be almost as good as the ones in Vegas. I am getting a little more excited and a little less nervous about dinner. Brunch still scares me as I read they just bring you things.

Thank you for the kind words!

I'll also be interested in hearing about the desert party. Our next cruise on one of the new ships isn't until April though.

I live for dessert, so that is the meal I am least nervous about but am the most curious about.

We are doing Palo for dinner and Remy for the dessert party, so I should have photos of that after Oct 25th. From what I've heard, a big part of the enjoyment of that one is the interaction you get with the chef/pastry chef.

We have early dinner seating so I imagine I'll be eating little, if anything, at the MDR that night. :faint:

My wife and I have done Remy dinner and loved it. As a previous poster had said you can pick from two menus from two different chefs, one French the other from America or you can choose from a list if you do not want one of the first two mentioned. If I remember correctly you choose three items from the list, someone please correct me if I'm wrong of if it has changed.

We will be on the Fantasy this winter with my son. He is a little picky also in the eating department and so we are doing the Palo dinner this cruise because I believe he will enjoy it more. Less money for an equally enjoyable meal.

We only ordered a glass of wine for each of us for the meal. When we met up with the two other couples that shared our table for our MDR they all did the wine pairing and said it was well worth the extra cost.

We are doing Palo for dinner and Remy for the dessert party, so I should have photos of that after Oct 25th. From what I've heard, a big part of the enjoyment of that one is the interaction you get with the chef/pastry chef.

We have early dinner seating so I imagine I'll be eating little, if anything, at the MDR that night. :faint:

I am thinking we will suffer the same fate. With a 3:30 dessert and a 5:45 dinner, I cannot fathom we'll eat much at dinner.

Yes, the little I've read seems to agree that the interaction with the pastry chefs the best part. My husband who is into that kind of thing will probably agree. I am looking forward to the desserts though (no offense to the chef).

My wife and I have done Remy dinner and loved it. As a previous poster had said you can pick from two menus from two different chefs, one French the other from America or you can choose from a list if you do not want one of the first two mentioned. If I remember correctly you choose three items from the list, someone please correct me if I'm wrong of if it has changed.

We will be on the Fantasy this winter with my son. He is a little picky also in the eating department and so we are doing the Palo dinner this cruise because I believe he will enjoy it more. Less money for an equally enjoyable meal.

We only ordered a glass of wine for each of us for the meal. When we met up with the two other couples that shared our table for our MDR they all did the wine pairing and said it was well worth the extra cost.

Yes, I think your son will love Palo. I am very picky, but I love it there. Brunch has a slight edge over dinner for me. Dinner has the soufflé though, so I cannot skip a chance to have dinner there.

You had me at soufflé....I have dreams about that soufflé.....

Same here. It is getting harder and harder to find a soufflé at any restaurant anymore. The one served in the main dining rooms is all right, but the chocolate one at Palo is amazing.

And, hey, you're on vacation. Try something new and different. You may find something you didn't think you'd like. I used to be very timid about trying new foods but in the last few years have decided to step outside of my comfort zone. For the most part, I've been very happy. Had a few things I didn't like (escargot being one) but have found many more foods and activities that I'm glad I tried.

I used to be pretty picky when I was younger, but over time I've been giving more foods a try. One of the few things that I still don't eat are eggs. We did the Remy brunch a couple of weeks ago, and I knew that one of the items was sea bass on top of scrambled eggs. I thought about asking for a substitution, but I figured I'd give it a try anyway. I figured I'd at least try the two together, and if I hated it I could just eat the Sea Bass and leave the eggs.

Not only did I enjoy the eggs with the sea bass, but I had some leftover eggs and I finished that off too.

My wife tells me that the scrambled eggs tasted like eggs usually do, but the texture was different. All I know is that everything we were served at Remy was amazing, even those eggs.

I'm still considering giving "regular" (non-Remy) eggs a try, but haven't quite been that brave yet. It's really one of the last things that I still have a "thing" about.

Remy is just one of those restaurants where everything they make is amazing.

I used to be pretty picky when I was younger, but over time I've been giving more foods a try. One of the few things that I still don't eat are eggs. We did the Remy brunch a couple of weeks ago, and I knew that one of the items was sea bass on top of scrambled eggs. I thought about asking for a substitution, but I figured I'd give it a try anyway. I figured I'd at least try the two together, and if I hated it I could just eat the Sea Bass and leave the eggs.

Not only did I enjoy the eggs with the sea bass, but I had some leftover eggs and I finished that off too.

My wife tells me that the scrambled eggs tasted like eggs usually do, but the texture was different. All I know is that everything we were served at Remy was amazing, even those eggs.

I'm still considering giving "regular" (non-Remy) eggs a try, but haven't quite been that brave yet. It's really one of the last things that I still have a "thing" about.

Remy is just one of those restaurants where everything they make is amazing.

Great story. Can't wait to read that you give regular eggs a try. If you do, please come back and let us know.

For those that say they do not like alcohol, please tell your server that when they go to make you the free cocktail instead of giving it to the person you are dining with. They will make you a superb nonalcoholic drink.

For those that say they do not like alcohol, please tell your server that when they go to make you the free cocktail instead of giving it to the person you are dining with. They will make you a superb nonalcoholic drink.

Yes, I ended up keeping all three Remy reservations (brunch, dessert and dinner). They made me the special drink at all three. It was good. It tasted like a raspberry lemonade smoothie.

You had me at soufflé....I have dreams about that soufflé.....

I missed the soufflé in the main dining room (it was either served the night I left dinner early with a headache or one of the nights we dined at Remy or Palo). The Palo one was great as usual. I finally tried the one at Victoria and Albert's, which was amazing as well.

Which meal was your favorite at Remy?

Dessert, brunch and dinner respectively.

Our server for all three meals was Pietro (who was amazing). He took decent care of me and sheltered me a little from the things he knew I disliked. That said, he was unable to substitute two of the seafood courses over the meals. Thus, my husband ate them for me (after I bravely tried each). He was also unable to substitute my first dessert (which was their take on a pina colada). I hate coconuts and pineapples, so that was rough.

I had a different experience at Victoria and Albert's. It was the best meal I've eaten in my life. The server found a substitute for every seafood course. I told her my concerns, and she walked me through the custom menu. I did have to choose an upgrade to their $150 price fixe meal on one course to get the Austrailian Kobe Beef for $35 extra, but it was incredible. Victoria and Albert's was a much better meal for me. Although, I did prefer paying $75 to $185, but I realize the $75 is an upgrade fee of its own and would cost a lot more to dine there outside a cruise. That coupled with my husband's meal, wine pairing, tax, tip and the fact that we had to pay for the kids' club (missed having it for free on the ship) made the meal cost well over $600! It is not something I could do every trip.

Dessert, brunch and dinner respectively.

Our server for all three meals was Pietro (who was amazing). He took decent care of me and sheltered me a little from the things he knew I disliked. That said, he was unable to substitute two of the seafood courses over the meals. Thus, my husband ate them for me (after I bravely tried each). He was also unable to substitute my first dessert (which was their take on a pina colada). I hate coconuts and pineapples, so that was rough.

Thank you for being honest about the inability to sub for seafood courses. That seals my decision to NOT try Remy. I'm not allergic to seafood, but due to choking on a bone to the point of gagging when I was little, anything that has any fish taste and/or texture makes me puke. So if they can't sub, I won't be wasting my money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter