• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Remy Brunch vs Palo Brunch

disgreat

Earning My Ears
So - there are no more spots open for Palo Brunch on our cruise. (there weren't even any at 75 days out)

However - there are spots for Remy Brunch.

I didn't know Remy had a Brunch option.

Has anyone done Remy Brunch?

What was it like?

Thanks!

It's completely different than Palo. It's a set menu with multiple courses (they will modify if necessary - I'm allergic to seafood so they removed it from mine) whereas Palo is a combined buffet with selected entrees. I really like the Palo brunch but I totally loved the Remy one. But that's my particular taste; I also love Remy dinner. We also did the champagne pairing with Remy which really enhanced all of the courses. It's a completely different experience. It's a small group so there's a lot of personal attention from the servers and the chef will explain what the various courses are. Because Remy is itself a small venue and the group is small, you'll more than likely be sitting at the window and the views are great.

You can also keep checking to see if Palo brunch opens up or check as soon as you board the ship. They tend to have availability when you embark on the ship.
Interestingly, we've done Palo a number of times and Remy's once - never has the restaurant been full.

this happened on my cruise and just keep checking, spots open up sometimes, it did for us around the 40 day mark

We liked Remy brunch but has a very limited menu. Have done Remy brunch twice now and Palo once. We want to go back to Palo to try other stuff on the menu. Second Remy lunch was the same menu as the first.

I'd characterize Remy's brunch as being more "foodie" oriented than Palo's. Both are very good, depends on the experience you're looking for. Palo is more laid back.

The quality of the food at Remy brunch better than at Palo, and the complexity of flavors. But it's a totally different kind of experience, as others have mentioned. I don't think we'll do Remy brunch again -- it's not as good as what you can get at a fancy restaurant on land & it got us too buzzed and took too much time out of the day. But, we live in a city with access to amazing cuisine all the time, so we don't seek that kind of thing out on vacation. For us, the food on the boat (including Palo and Remy) is acceptable, but not the point. Your mileage may vary.

We've done both Remy and Palo brunches and prefer Palo more. As stated before Remy is a set course meal, while Palo has a buffet and menu service which is included. We prefer Palo brunch. But in your position I would try the Remy brunch so you can get a feel for the difference.

I think it comes down to what kind of dining do you prefer? We are “Outback Steakhouse” kind of folks. Fancy for us is going to a nice steak house for dinner. We don’t typically enjoy the high end restaurants with the fancy foods. So, for us Remy wasn’t as good as Palo. Remy wasn’t bad, just not out thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter