Reminder about APPROPRIATE content

WebmasterKathy

Administrator
Administrator
Guys-

Please remember that this is part of the DISboards, and our guidelines about appropriate content dictate that content has to be family-friendly.

There have been a LOT of photos posted in some threads here that are very inappropriate. The Hooters girls are pushing it, but the photos have even gone a lot further that that.

If the content is of a sexual nature, it does not belong here. Unclothed women in sexually suggestive poses? DEFINITELY not DIS material.

I don't want to shut the clubhouse down. I AM deleting the latest club mega-thread; there's just too much there to clean up.

Guys... Take this time to go to any posts on the DISBoards and review any pics you have posted. When you view them, ask yourself if that is an image you would show your son or daughter. This is a family forum... let's keep it that way and represent the DIS accordingly.

Thanks,
Don
Emma's Dad

Thanks, Kathy!

That material is NOT appropriate for the disboards!

If ever in doubt about the appropriateness of something you want to post, ask yourself:

Would this photo or comment be appropriate in the middle of breakfast at Chef Mickey's surrounded by my children, other families, and Mickey Mouse?

Guys-

Please remember that this is part of the DISboards, and our guidelines about appropriate content dictate that content has to be family-friendly.

There have been a LOT of photos posted in some threads here that are very inappropriate. The Hooters girls are pushing it, but the photos have even gone a lot further that that.

If the content is of a sexual nature, it does not belong here. Unclothed women in sexually suggestive poses? DEFINITELY not DIS material.

I don't want to shut the clubhouse down. I AM deleting the latest club mega-thread; there's just too much there to clean up.

Thanks for the warning and letting us keep our club house.The word is out and you should see the problem corrected.

Thank you. With pictures like that I felt VERY unwelcome here. I didn't think I deserved to be made to feel that way.

Thank you. With pictures like that I felt VERY unwelcome here. I didn't think I deserved to be made to feel that way.

Sorry you feel that way, PJ and I wish you luck in your future endeavors. However, I think you'd have found that this community of dads is one of the most supportive & genuinely caring groups anywhere on the web. AJRitz in particular is a standup guy who goes out of his way to help others. Don't believe me? Check out the widespread flaming out there. In my opinion, that's significantly more "unwelcoming"

It was a very unusual occurrence. Mostly the pictures here involve bacon. Just bacon.

Just to make this public: Is there any chance that the chaps who were banned from the DisBoards over this might be allowed back in? I cannot speak for them, but I would imagine that they got carried away and would show exemplary behavior if they were allowed back in, even with a probationary status of some sort.

It was a very unusual occurrence. Mostly the pictures here involve bacon. Just bacon.

Just to make this public: Is there any chance that the chaps who were banned from the DisBoards over this might be allowed back in? I cannot speak for them, but I would imagine that they got carried away and would show exemplary behavior if they were allowed back in, even with a probationary status of some sort.

I too hope that those banned without any warning will have their status restored. They have been great supporters of this site and have been far, far more helpful to the community then many of the "trolls" who have nothing but negative things to say. Did they cross the line? Yes, but they realize their mistake and are sincere in their apologies ... which is far more then can be said for some other posters who have nothing to share then hurtful comments.

After some research that resulted in making me hungry for bacon, it looks like the problem was mostly limited to one beer-fueled night in the clubhouse. The kind where you take your buddy's keys away and let him sleep it off, maybe chuckling and ribbing him gently later but not writing him off or letting it damage a real friendship.

Seems everyone's sobered up now, so you should be seeing the whole gang in the clubhouse again.

(If you hear that I forgot to return anyone's keys to them, please PM their username to me and I'll fix it!)

Love you guys!

Thanks Kathy. Glad everyone is allowed to play here again. Sorry you had to deal with this and I am sure it will NEVER happen again.

Have a happy holiday season from all of the DisDads.

After some research that resulted in making me hungry for bacon, it looks like the problem was mostly limited to one beer-fueled night in the clubhouse. The kind where you take your buddy's keys away and let him sleep it off, maybe chuckling and ribbing him gently later but not writing him off or letting it damage a real friendship.

Seems everyone's sobered up now, so you should be seeing the whole gang in the clubhouse again.

(If you hear that I forgot to return anyone's keys to them, please PM their username to me and I'll fix it!)

Love you guys!

Thank you Kathy. I am glad to hear all is well again,and believe me the people involved are very embarrassed for their actions. I think in the future we will have better control of our club house parties. I mean after all we are DISDADS but even the best DADS make mistakes and again I thank you for your understanding in that

Love you guys!

Thank you, Kathy!!!! We're so blessed to have such a great mommy!

Love you guys!

Kathy, thanks again for reminding us of where we are and what is (or is not) acceptable. As others have said, it looks like this was a case of "boys getting out of hand" and not a true reflection of the participants and their contribution to the group.

Thank you for seeing this as it was and giving the offenders a second chance as they have been great contributors to this group.

We may need to look at intruducing a new "MAN LAW" that reminds us to consider our posts in light of our duaghters and sons.

Thanks again for your understanding and support of this wonderful group of Dads.

Love you guys!

Kathy - thanks for reconsidering.

As you know I was not innocent either, and do appreciate your understanding.

We will behave.

Love you guys!

Did someone say Bacon? Mmmmmmmm:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter