Remind me, 1st timers do NOT get lanyards?

anniepoppins

Earning My Ears
its been (thankfully) a long time since our first Disney cruise. I’m helping a friend take her family. I seem to recall that for the first cruise you get your door key card but that don’t give you a lanyard since your not silver yet. Is that still true? If it is, does anyone have a suggestion where I could buy cheap Disney type lanyards for a family of 5?

its been (thankfully) a long time since our first Disney cruise. I’m helping a friend take her family. I seem to recall that for the first cruise you get your door key card but that don’t give you a lanyard since your not silver yet. Is that still true? If it is, does anyone have a suggestion where I could buy cheap Disney type lanyards for a family of 5?
Party City and WalMart have lanyards.

Nope, no lanyards for first timers! My husband and I sailed on our honeymoon two weeks ago and it was his first cruise, my sixth. We laughed about me being the only one with a lanyard to show for it. :tongue:

You can use the same lanyards from pin trading. Alternatively, if you are in a meetup group, people may give you lanyards they don't need.

First time cruiser here: is it necessary to have a lanyard?
while not necessary to have, we were lucky enough to have been given some last year on our first cruise by family. I never actually wore it around my neck, but mostly wrapped the lanyard around the actual KTTW card so I always knew it was in my pocket. They are handy.

Not really. Some people like to use them to carry their KTTW cards. Also use them for pin trading. But, certainly, not necessary. Pockets work well, also.

Is Pin Trading a "thing" on the cruise? My DD did it a little the last time we were at WDW but I didn't even think about it for the cruise!

Is Pin Trading a "thing" on the cruise? My DD did it a little the last time we were at WDW but I didn't even think about it for the cruise!
Yes, they have pin trading. At least they used to, pretty sure it's still a "thing".

Not really. Some people like to use them to carry their KTTW cards. Also use them for pin trading. But, certainly, not necessary. Pockets work well, also.

Thanks! That's good to know. I don't care much for lanyards, and I'm thinking DH wouldn't either. Maybe we'll buy a pin trading starter lanyard for DD as an early Christmas gift. She's never pin traded before, but I bet she'd like to start.

Yes. The shops have pin books and lanyards, crew members in the shops, some of the crew in Cabanas had pin lanyards on our last cruise, the Guest Relations desk had a pin book last cruise, and they have an Officer Pin Trading Night too.

Thanks! That's good to know. I don't care much for lanyards, and I'm thinking DH wouldn't either. Maybe we'll buy a pin trading starter lanyard for DD as an early Christmas gift. She's never pin traded before, but I bet she'd like to start.
Check out eBay for sure. You can get lots of pins, plus or minus lanyards, super cheap. We have bought lots of 25 or 50 and we always find some we like and want to keep, plus enough we aren't crazy about and happily trade. DS loves trading at WDW.

DW & I have phone cases with built in card holders. Since we use the app so extensively, it works well so we don't need to use the lanyard. I have to wear a lanyard at work for security reasons so to wear one on vacation bugs me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter