Remember the thread about Crock pot sizes? Well dig this

Beth E. (NJ)

<font color=red>Disney obsessed<br><font color=blu
I looked on the Rival web site www.rivco.com to see if I could figure out what size crock pot I had. I couldn't tell from looking at their site since my style (leaves and ivy) seemed to be offered in different sizes and they didn't list model numbers. So I sent them off an email asking them if they could help me and telling them the model number. Well, a couple of days later I got an email back telling me that my crock pot is a 5 quart and that they do make larger models.

I thought it was very nice of them to write back to me.

The strange thing is that they have sinced changed their website and now I can't find all the stuff I looked at just last week.

Beth E., I have the same crock pot and have been thinking I need a bigger one! But I wasn't sure exactly what size I had (does that make sense?) thanks for the clarification. Now, just how big a crock do I need, hmmmmmmm....

TK

You made me curious . . . . so I went out to the kitchen & poured water in the stoneware to see what size I have. It only held 5 1/2 qts up to the lip where the lid sits. I seems so much bigger than my old 5 qt round one. The one I have is oval & has flowering herbs on the base. The model is 3755.

I checked the page for replacement crocks & the 5.5 qt oval green shows it is for my model - 3755. So, I guess I don't have a 6 qt - only a 5.5. They do make a 6 - but that's the biggest Rival makes, I guess.

We bought the oval because it looked bigger & begcause I had trouble getting a bottom round roast to fit in the round 5qt one when it was still frozen - it was too long. I can tell you that I get a lot more carrots & potatoes in with my roast in the 5.5 than in the 5! I also checked my old one (3355) & it's listed as a 5 qt.

You may want to consider getting the 5.5qt oval instead of the 6qt round. Just a thought.

look.....mine is a six quart oval corning ware....well NOW I KNOW

. . . is another crock pot! When I was looking last year or the year before, I only saw the 6qt round & the 5.5 oval. We went for the oval & I'm not sorry. But if there is a 6qt oval . . . . Does it have a stone crock?

I can't justify another, though - I still have my 5qt round, the 5.5 oval & a really small one that we got my grandmother years & years ago. At least I passed on my 3.5qt round several years ago.

Wait - maybe I can get away with putting one in storage for my son & his fiance!
;)

by corningware.......and it is a removable crock.....and also goes into the oven to cook......I like it so far.......just can't figure out the serial number stuff

Mine is a 5 quart. I like it most of the time since it's just DH and I, and you have to fill it up at least half way to get food to cook correctly. I'd like a bigger one too, though, for when I make spaghetti sauce for the freezer.

I have the round corning ware (6 qt I think). I just used it today. Ilove the corning ware too becasue you can put in on the stove top and in the oven. I actually uesd it all ways today. I made chicken pot pie and cooked the chicken and then the vegs in the crock pot. I then put in on the stove when I added the ruox to thicken the gravy. I then put the crust on and put it in the oven for 20 min.

I am liking the positive votes for the oval 6 qt. Sounds like I am going to have to check that model out. Does anyone use the tiny crock for hot dips? I saw one the other day that has a removable stoneware bowl, I think it is a 1 1/2 qt. ight have to get one of those too! I have one that doesn't have the removable bowl and what a pain it is to clean.

Gee, I guess I need to go shopping!

TK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter