Remember the OLD Poly lobby

I miss the green tile floor. And there was another color randomly interspersed (turquoise maybe) that we used to jump to.

Stayed at the Poly annually from 1975 until 1983 or so.

The smells and sounds of that lobby were divine as we stretched our legs after our 10-hour car ride while dad checked in.

Taken on our 1992 stay at the Polynesian

MK92%2012-103ed.-XL.jpg

When we visited POLY back in 1973 when I was 12, I do not remember seeing any animals inside the Great Hall. But that was a loooong time ago:laughing:
I stayed at the Poly in '72 , I was 19. I don't remember seeing any live birds in the lobby area.

:offtopic:
I was watching a special and they were replaying a national news station back in the 60's and my DD's looked and were shocked that the reporters were smoking while talking on TV:rotfl: How things have changed.
Also OT, I remember my mother smoking in the hospital when I went to visit after she had my sister. My 2nd and 5th grade teachers used to smoke at their desk while they graded papers. Ahhh, those were the days.

OP, I would have loved to have seen the birds in the lobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter