"Remember...Dreams Come True" Fireworks

friedela

DIS Veteran
Are these the fireworks that go off over the castle with the projection show on the castle itself? It looks like it isn't running right now, I am assuming that is because the castle is under refurbishment. Any idea if it'll come back once the castle is done? I am crossing my fingers it'll be done for our trip in May.

my-fingers-are-crossed-smiley-emoticon.gif

It’s not the fireworks show right now, MMM is. I think they’ll likely keep Mickey’s Mix Magic through May.

So even if the Castle is finished in May, you still don't think they'll bring back the castle fireworks?
“Remember: Dreams Come True” is just one of the fireworks shows. They also have “Fantasy in the Sky,” they had “Together Forever” last year for Pixar Fest, they had “Disneyland Forever” for the 60th...

The current show (MMM) also includes castle projections and fireworks over the castle - there’s nothing different about it that’s happening because of the castle refurb, as far as I know.

This is a shot from MMM - definitely fireworks over the castle...
VhaVFjP.jpg

MMM is a little different experience from the different viewing locations (Castle, Main Street, IASW, and ROA). Right now, the votes are in for Main Street and IASW as the better viewing spots. It snows on Main Street (not at the other locations) and you have projections on both sides of the street. IASW has projections on the building facade (so you only have to look in front of you, on one direction, at the projections) and the fireworks are huge back there because they launch from behind Toon Town.

So, MMM is technically not a fireworks show...It is a projection show that on select days, will have fireworks *weather permitting*. Currently, the only viewing for the projections are Main Street (between the stores) and It's A Small World facade. The projections may reappear on the waterscreens on the Rivers of America when Fantasmic! returns from refurbishment. Also the show is probably going to stay until the end of the Mickey Celebration that's going on.

So, MMM is technically not a fireworks show...It is a projection show that on select days, will have fireworks *weather permitting*. Currently, the only viewing for the projections are Main Street (between the stores) and It's A Small World facade. The projections may reappear on the waterscreens on the Rivers of America when Fantasmic! returns from refurbishment. Also the show is probably going to stay until the end of the Mickey Celebration that's going on.
By the time the OP visits, F! will be back. We don't know yet if DL will have fireworks with MMM every night for peak Spring Break. Since Easter is so late this year, it's possible that the OP's early dates will fall within the end of Spring Break. Her dates certainly cover a weekend, so she should get fireworks then, weather permitting.

By the time the OP visits, F! will be back. We don't know yet if DL will have fireworks with MMM every night for peak Spring Break. Since Easter is so late this year, it's possible that the OP's early dates will fall within the end of Spring Break. Her dates certainly cover a weekend, so she should get fireworks then, weather permitting.

When does the US do Spring break? Here it's usually the last week of March.

For the projections on the castle itself, am I understanding correctly that during MMM there are projections on the castle, but most of the focus is on the main street buildings? I have this picture in my head of what I am hoping for, these are shots I got when we went to WDW, and THIS is what just "got" me. I bawled like a baby both times, it was so amazing!!!

IMG_4971_MoanaWeb_zpsj40dkmmq.jpg

IMG_4986_Web_zpscklmwsvy.jpg

When does the US do Spring break? Here it's usually the last week of March.

For the projections on the castle itself, am I understanding correctly that during MMM there are projections on the castle, but most of the focus is on the main street buildings? I have this picture in my head of what I am hoping for, these are shots I got when we went to WDW, and THIS is what just "got" me. I bawled like a baby both times, it was so amazing!!!

IMG_4971_MoanaWeb_zpsj40dkmmq.jpg

IMG_4986_Web_zpscklmwsvy.jpg
Ah, well, MMM is not a “tear-jerking” kind of show at all - it’s fun, but it’s not that kind of vibe. In terms of even the best of the shows, though, I mean, Sleeping Beauty’s castle is a little... petite. You don’t get the kind of photos seen here (which are great, by the way!).

You should definitely see World of Color, though!

Ah, well, MMM is not a “tear-jerking” kind of show at all - it’s fun, but it’s not that kind of vibe. In terms of even the best of the shows, though, I mean, Sleeping Beauty’s castle is a little... petite. You don’t get the kind of photos seen here (which are great, by the way!).

You should definitely see World of Color, though!

Ok, I have been preparing myself for the castle being a lot smaller, lol. I am just hoping I can SEE it and that it isn't behind a scrim. We are planning on seeing WOC, we aren't sure about Fantamic, we didn't love it when we saw it in Florida.

Ok, I have been preparing myself for the castle being a lot smaller, lol. I am just hoping I can SEE it and that it isn't behind a scrim. We are planning on seeing WOC, we aren't sure about Fantamic, we didn't love it when we saw it in Florida.
Well, Fantasmic is my actual favorite, but that may have more to do with nostalgia than quality. :smickey: Also, I am a huge fan of dragons. I can’t remember how long your trip is, but if you can swing a F! dining package, I think it’s worth seeing.

I think WOC may give you more of the “spectacle + feels” that you’re hoping for, though. MMM is fun and you can still get some nice fireworks shots, too!

I hope you enjoy all of the shows!

WOC just didn't "speak" to me the way F! does....but that's probably the nostalgia of being me being 7 and waiting 2hrs on a blanket on a warm summer's night to watch F!

And MMM...i guess it's neat, but it's like Kidz Bop made a cheesy dance club remix and set it to fireworks. Bring back my 50th anniversary fireworks and get off my lawn!

Agree with the above posters. MMM is not a tug-at-your-heart show and wasn't made to be. It is cute, fun, and high energy. The kids dance and have a fun time. MMM does not compare to RDCT or DLF or even Magical. So don't set yourself up for disappointment by expecting something that isn't currently being offered. Hopefully a new, better show will appear soon or one of the classic shows will return. For right now, MMM is a cute filler.
WOC is a great show. It was made to be a spectacle, and it is. But there is no castle (nor anything comparable) in the middle of Paradise Bay. The Pixar Pal Around is cute, but it ain't no castle. If you can find viewing spots that have a clear view of the water's surface and the fountains, you'll have a more immersive experience than if you only see the tops of the fountains. (This is why people enjoy being up front in the Splash Zone -- even if they get wet, they are right in the heart of the show!) (Look at the photos in the first post of the WOC Superthread to see what I mean about the view of the water's surface.)
F! at DL is a better show than it is at WDW. Sitting in the reserved viewing area, right up at the waterfront, makes it an immersive experience. Everything happens right there in front of you. You feel like Jack Sparrow is looking right at you! (This is what makes the dining package viewing better than the free FP viewing -- being up front, right by the water, so close.)

When does the US do Spring break? Here it's usually the last week of March...

Spring Break for DLR is all over the place! Because we have school districts that cover a traditional school calendar, year round calendar, and home schooling, SB starts in early March for some schools and, because Easter is so late this year, continues all the way through late April. Usually, peak Spring Break for DLR is the two weeks before and two weeks after Easter (with the most emphasis being on the week right before and week right after). This year, the breaks seem to be more spread out because of the lateness of the holiday itself. And, remember that the school districts that affect DLR the most come from CA, OR, WA, UT, NV, and AZ. That's a LOT of school districts!

Ok, I have been preparing myself for the castle being a lot smaller, lol...

This is from another thread, but it helps give some context to the size of DL's castle:

It can help WDW folks to know the history of SBC to prepare them for what they'll see when they walk down Main Street. SBC was not made to be the center focal point of DL -- the Matterhorn is the focal center. So if you step back a bit from the castle and look up to the right, you'll see the castle with the Matterhorn rising majestically in the background. That's the perspective that makes sense -- how many castles are bigger than an alp? (See photo below.) If you see the castle against the Matterhorn from the Mark Twain, it makes even more sense. And if you've ever seen the photo of Walt watching the children running full speed through the castle, you'll see that the building proportion is perfect. The kids are excited to run into the castle, not overwhelmed and frightened. One wonders, though, if the bank had given Walt a blank check, how big would SBC have been?? :)

(HT Google) Castle vs. Alp
images

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter