Reliefband experiences?

brentm77

DIS Veteran
Has anyone tried Releifbands? To be clear, I am not talking about the wristband that puts pressure on your wrist, these are electric bands. We have great success with a little Bonine (meclizine) on the first night and sometimes the first day, but don't need anything after that. We have a family member who started medicine that interacts with Bonine, so we are looking at other options. Has anyone tried these? Is it worth extra for the fancier version, or does the classic work just fine?

Has anyone tried Releifbands? To be clear, I am not talking about the wristband that puts pressure on your wrist, these are electric bands. We have great success with a little Bonine (meclizine) on the first night and sometimes the first day, but don't need anything after that. We have a family member who started medicine that interacts with Bonine, so we are looking at other options. Has anyone tried these? Is it worth extra for the fancier version, or does the classic work just fine?
My daughter has the newer version for car sickness. We got it just before our last cruise (12/31) for Christmas road trips. She said it worked great for the nausea but it did start to get on her nerves after a few hours because it’s a constant electrical pulse pinging your inner wrist. To be fair, there are, I think, 5 levels of intensity and she had it cranked up for the car sickness.

We opted for the newer (rechargeable) version because the batteries it comes with only last 15 hours or so and that’s not going to cut it on a 7-night cruise. She ended up not needing it much at sea but we were glad she had it!

We use the classic (not electric) bands found in the travel section of your local pharmacy. We have used them for 10+ cruises now and and we all swear by them. One cruise we forgot them and had to run real fast and get another 4 sets. We even use them for tenders and water taxi's and they work well there.

I originally bought the rechargeable Reliefband so I could ride the rides at WDW. It worked pretty well in that I didn't feel queasy after getting off. I did take it on my last cruise on the Wonder. The ship was rocking pretty good due to rough seas. I take Bonine every morning and night and rarely ever have a problem with seasickness on cruises. I will say, I did wear my Reliefband during more rocky periods, especially while sitting in the Aft at dinner and in the Walt Disney Theater in the front. I didn't feel any queasiness at all. Not sure if it was the band or the Bonine, but I was a happy camper. My philosophy is that it can't hurt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter