Reliable ground transportation to/from MCO

We just reserved Tony 2 days ago for the first time. Question on tipping. We are 2 adults and 2 children ages 10 & 8. We don't need a car seat. For luggage we'll have 1 large suitcase and 2 carry ons. The cost for round trip is $100 so what formula is used for tipping each way?

Also what type of vehicle does Tony use for pick up?

TIA!

Does anyone know the answers to these questions I posted?

Does anyone know the answers to these questions I posted?
Tony's vehicles are large transport vans, plenty of room. We are 5 adults all with carry ons, backpacks and 2 large suitcases.
We tipped Tony $10 each way. We have him booked again this November.

As linked above, all levels of Uber are available at MCO as of 7/1. Check out the app or website.

That's not exactly true. Per the Uber website:

Dropoffs at MCO: If you plan on taking an Uber to Orlando International Airport, choose from uberX, uberXL, UberFAMILY, or UberSELECT.

Pickups at MCO: When leaving the airport, you can choose between UberSELECT or UberFAMILY.

https://www.uber.com/cities/orlando/vehicle-options/airport/

I'm curious how Uber is working out for people getting picked up at the airport, especially how long its taking to get picked up after requesting a ride, and what its been costing.

Tony's vehicles are large transport vans, plenty of room. We are 5 adults all with carry ons, backpacks and 2 large suitcases.
We tipped Tony $10 each way. We have him booked again this November.

Thanks TSF I appreciate the response. I was thinking $10 each way myself.

That's not exactly true. Per the Uber website:

Dropoffs at MCO: If you plan on taking an Uber to Orlando International Airport, choose from uberX, uberXL, UberFAMILY, or UberSELECT.

Pickups at MCO: When leaving the airport, you can choose between UberSELECT or UberFAMILY.

https://www.uber.com/cities/orlando/vehicle-options/airport/

I'm curious how Uber is working out for people getting picked up at the airport, especially how long its taking to get picked up after requesting a ride, and what its been costing.
I think your link is just incorrect (must be out of date). If I go into the Uber app and select MCO to Universal, both UberX and Uber Select pop up as options (with UberX charging about $25 at the moment). If I look on one of Uber's other pages, this is the info for getting picked up at MCO (again, it mentions UberX) https://www.uber.com/airports/mco/
I mean, here's another media release on it http://miami.cbslocal.com/2017/06/22/ubert-lyft-pick-up-now-allowed-at-orlando-airport/
I feel confident that it's available. :)

Thanks TSF I appreciate the response. I was thinking $10 each way myself.
You're welcome. You will really enjoy having someone waiting for you at the bottom of the escalator, no worries about getting to where you need to go! He parks very close to baggage pick up, so no long walk to his van.
Have a great vacation!

You're welcome. You will really enjoy having someone waiting for you at the bottom of the escalator, no worries about getting to where you need to go! He parks very close to baggage pick up, so no long walk to his van.
Have a great vacation!

Thank you and you have a great vacation also.

I think your link is just incorrect (must be out of date). If I go into the Uber app and select MCO to Universal, both UberX and Uber Select pop up as options (with UberX charging about $25 at the moment). If I look on one of Uber's other pages, this is the info for getting picked up at MCO (again, it mentions UberX) https://www.uber.com/airports/mco/
I mean, here's another media release on it http://miami.cbslocal.com/2017/06/22/ubert-lyft-pick-up-now-allowed-at-orlando-airport/
I feel confident that it's available. :)

It would be great if UberX is available, since it is the cheapest option.

Is UberX the most basic Uber? Or is there just a regular Uber option sometimes, just not at the airport?

Is UberX the most basic Uber? Or is there just a regular Uber option sometimes, just not at the airport?
ALL types of Uber are available at MCO now. UberX is the most commonly available cheap one (some cities have the UberPool class where you share with strangers all going to the same place).

Have a great vacation!

I can attest to this. Tony was vacationing with his wife the week I went to Orlando, so I got one of his employees. I forgot his name, but he was on time, waiting for me at the baggage claim when I arrived Monday 7/17. He was a proficient and excellent driver, very cordial, and kept in contact with me throughout the week while I was there. He even called me while I was waiting on my flight back home before I left to confirm the arrangement.

I was quoted $90, but I tipped him $10 when I got to my hotel and another $10 when I arrived back at MCO. Fantastic service and if you can splurge a bit rather than use Uber, I highly recommend Tony Hinds and his fantastic company.

You can use Lyft to and from MCO now too. It's cheaper than Uber Select or XL. If you have a big group you would need to request a bigger vehicle which would cost more but still cheaper than the pre-reserved transportation. The only benefit of that is they meet you at baggage claim and help you with your bags. I don't mess with shuttles anymore either...have had so many bad experiences it's not even funny.

You can use Lyft to and from MCO now too. It's cheaper than Uber Select or XL. If you have a big group you would need to request a bigger vehicle which would cost more but still cheaper than the pre-reserved transportation. The only benefit of that is they meet you at baggage claim and help you with your bags. I don't mess with shuttles anymore either...have had so many bad experiences it's not even funny.
All classes of Uber are available (not just Select) but Lyft is great too. Glad they've finally caught up with most every other US airport and allow selection. This thread is a good representation of how we all like to travel differently. :)

All classes of Uber are available (not just Select) but Lyft is great too. Glad they've finally caught up with most every other US airport and allow selection. This thread is a good representation of how we all like to travel differently. :)
Oh I thought you couldn't take regular Uber. It keeps changing! Thanks. Good to know.

Hi I just used Tony again this week. This has been my 5th time. I have had him 4 of the 5 times. He is a great guy and runs a great company. I will continue to use him when we fly! I think your tipping is on track.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter