Relax not Commando

Good for you! Try to be present in each moment instead of always anticipating what you are going to do next. Soak up your surroundings. Notice details of the theming instead of rushing past them. Watch the evening music show in the lounge at POFQ (Saturdays through Tuesdays). Walk through the grounds of various resorts at a leisurely pace. Enjoy the scenery -- lakes, trees, etc. Ride the water taxis just to enjoy the ride, not because you're rushing to get somewhere.

We always do relaxed trips. We don't even make fastpasses ahead of time since we never know what we're going to feel like doing that particular day or time. We do make same day fastpasses while we're there, but don't stress about anything. We've been on all the rides and attractions more times than I can even begin to count, so we just take things as the come.

Attractions that I really enjoy, that rarely have waits, are Carousel of Progress, People Mover, and the train at MK. I really enjoy walking around all the lands at MK, soaking in the atmosphere and enjoying the details that make the "feel" so specific depending on where you are. Looking for hidden Mickeys is always fun.

At AK, the jungle trek is awesome!

Epcot, exploring the shops in World Showcase really interesting and fun.

Resort hopping is relaxing and fun. We always start with the monorail resorts, just because riding on the monorail is fun in of itself. There is just more to see, at the resorts, than I can even begin to mention. Even the value resorts have fun stuff to see, and take photographs with, all over the common areas.

Of course there is Disney Springs, and lots of shops there.

My favorite of all, being Fort Wilderness regulars, is Chip & Dale's campfire, sing-a-long, and move every night. It's free and open to guests of all WDW resorts. There is a truck that sells s'mores kits for the campfire, or you can bring your own.

We have been doing relax trips for the last few times. We like to explore the parks more and take in all the sights.

going next week. my wife and I are going to do a relaxed visit, if that's possible. rather than jumping from attraction to attraction what are some of the more relaxing things you do in each of the parks and outside the parks. TIA
I always enjoy walking around Epcot and on a recent DIS Unplugged You Tube video Ryno said if you don’t think Animal Kingdom is an all day park your doing it wrong. You can take a up a lot of your day watching the animals. Have fun on your trip!

When it is just hubs and I we always take time to enjoy the little things and we are happy to do that or change our plans. We encourage that with the grandchildren particularly as DGS has additional needs so if he sees something he wants to watch or has had enough and needs a break we are happy to do that anywhere.

We go so many times, that most of our trips now are relaxing. We know we will be back. We enjoy a lot of time by the pool, at each resort. We love to resort hop for lunch, dinner. We enjoy strolling around the Crescent Lake by the Boardwalk for some entertainment and ice cream or maybe dessert at the Boardwalk Bakery.

We like to go to DS in the evening. Stroll, meal, ice cream and entertainment.

The parks we make sure we stop and sit for a few minutes. We also like to stop to watch the street performers - usually we are always in a rush to get to a ride.

Have a great time, relax, observe and stop to "smell the roses".

I'll go against the grain. For us it's commando, not relax. When I want to relax, WDW is not where I go, I go somewhere else. While at WDW, it's the rides and shows, which means that I skip most of the World Showcase, shopping, TS restaurants, resort hopping, DS, sitting down and smelling of the roses.

I always enjoy walking around Epcot and on a recent DIS Unplugged You Tube video Ryno said if you don’t think Animal Kingdom is an all day park your doing it wrong. You can take a up a lot of your day watching the animals. Have fun on your trip!
Animal Kingdom was considered to some half day because of operating hours and interest levels.

You can fill your day with things to do at all 4 parks but not everyone will because of their interest levels.

I think life stage and trips under your belt can adjust things. There is something to be said though for looking at the details you probably missed out on being in a go go go touring style.

We start by not getting up for RD. Our last trip we got to the parks around 11a. We found that the buses in to the parks were less crowded and the security check points were the same.

The it was just a matter of taking your time to enjoy the thing around you. Sounds easy, but when your used to going commando it can take some practice. Spread your FPs out too - that sort of forces you to have to take it a bit slower from area to area.

We are like Tallis, we make FPs only on day of, if then. We make ADRs day of. We spend a lot of time taking in the details, stopping to look and listen. Just about every country at Epcot has little hidden quiet places. We like to just cop a squat somewhere with a drink and people watch. We love making up stories about people or things we see. We almost always go back to our resort to jump in the pool/hot tub mid afternoon and have a refreshing adult beverage (or two) then we decide what the rest of our day is going to be. As far as the parks some of our favorite things to do other than ride rides are:

MK - technically it might be a ride but we love to climb the Swiss Family Treehouse. Both my son and I read the book and saw the Disney movie so we love just exploring the treehouse. We love to grab an ice cream and go in the little alley between the pandora shop and the other buildings. We sit and listen to the music teacher coming out of one of the buildings and relaxing and watching people.

AK - take the trail around the tree of life, it gives you better views of the carvings. Go down all the little sub trails, we can spend an entire day at AK and not ride a single ride except the safari. I love to stop and watch the performers and just sit in the tucked away spots and look at the details. We love to go to Nomad Lounge and sit outside and enjoy the view, share some small plates and a refreshing adult beverage (or two).

HS - We have been known to get on and off the ToT over and over and over and over again. Love it at night. We enjoy watching the Star Wars show from HBD lounge. We spend more time there at night then day because I just love it lit up, its so pretty. Again, we just wander around the streets and take our time and look at the details.

Epcot - we spend part of every single day of our trip at Epcot. We love WS, we love going to the living seas and just wandering around looking at the fish. We once sat on a bench in front of Italy for a hour, sipping on wine and just taking in the details of the pavillion. We got to wondering about the statues, which meant looking them up on the phone and then making up stories about them. We love to go to the back of the Canada pavillion and watch the waterfall. There is a nice little quiet back garden in China which which is one of our favorite places to go sit and relax. We love to sit in the tile room at Morocco and just relax, it's always cool in there.

Sounds great to me. We will be at WDW next week too for a long weekend and our plans aren’t too ambitious either. I admit I do like those types of trips.

We always have relaxed WDW trips. We have a list of must do attractions or shows in each park, book FP and that's it. For us ADR"s are the best way to put the brakes on because I do not like to go right to dinner from the parks. Back to the resort, relax, swim, read, nap, whatever, and then off to dinner later on.

WE also shop. Once you start heading into shops it is amazing how many things you can spot to distract you. There are so many details that if you rush you miss.

We always like to do a mixture when we travel to Disney World. 2/3 of our time we are doing full park days and 1/3 of the time we are relaxing either at the beach or resort pools.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter