Rehab List-Check for rehabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Jon...I hope you're kidding about someone losing their job. As I stated earlier in this thread, no one can say with any certainty when a ride is going to be back up. I hope you're also kidding about hating Universal.

Just got back and here is what happened.. I was not kidding, and I do hope that guy I talked to lost his job. Do not promise your customers something you cannot follow through with.
I called and spoke with *****, one of the customer care reps at Universal. I explained to her that after wife and I travelled to Uni in 2006 that we promised our now 8 yr old that we would take him to univ. so he could go on Jurass. Pk. and Jaws. It just so happened that we could slip Univ in around the edges of our WDW trip, so we saw it as a perfect time to do that. The "day before" they closed JP and Jaws, they announced it on the website. "THE DAY BEFORE"!!!. I explained that Disney, even our crappy little elitch gardens six flags park in Denver would give more notice than that. I wanted my 8 park passes returned, I wanted to cancel our club level ressies at Royal Pacific and just stay at Disney.
Seriously Metro, Jaws and Jurassic Park... How can they simultaneously close both of the big draws and not tell in advance... Tourists dont have many options when they throw themselves to the mercy of these giant resorts, but we do have the right to not pay and not get screwed out of what we thought we were getting. Christine Marie agreed. She said she was sorry, but that every year these two rides were closed for rehab. Perfect example!!! If this happens every year, why isnt it announced further in advance? She said she didnt know why they announce it so late. She said she would like to maintain our business and loyalty, so she would offer me free fastpasses during our stay....... "ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING ME? ARE YOU NEW CHRISTINE? I GET FASTPASSES JUST FOR STAYING AT ONE OF THE ONSITE RESORTS...." What a waste of my time. We cordially agreed to hang up and just not discuss this any further, because neither of us could paint the fake dinosaur faster and flip the switch to get it running again.

Well, after 10 FREEZING days at Disney we found it would be more trouble to find somewhere else to stay and our kids really wanted to stay at a hotel with a bigger pool. We moved over to the Royal Pacific, dropped our bags, and headed to the park for our breakfast with Spidey. During our meal, I got a call from the hotel manager. He explained that he heard we were upset about the park closures and wanted to upgrade our room. I said that sounded great, and I was very thankful. I had never spoken to the hotel staff about our park concerns.. We "LOVE" Loews hotels. always have.. When we went back to check into the room, the hotel manager asked if he could come up to the room to make sure it was to our liking. I said sure.

When we walked in, we were amazed that it was a Jurassic Park suite, King bed for adults, and two twins in a dinosaur themed room. My 8 yr old son's jaw dropped when he saw the amazing design of this room. There was a personally hand written letter from ***** at customer relations that apologized for all of the park related complaints we had, but to be honest with you, all of those complaints went out the window when we saw the amazing rooms we had for our stay. The topper though, was the incredible personal service ****** gave to us. She even went to the park's souvenir shop and had the room full of dinosaur gifts for the kids. It was truly amazing.

I cannot believe how our concerns about the situation so quickly evaporated and how happy we were to be at Universal Orlando. It was great, and really truly saved us as customers for a very long time to come!!

jon, you said..

"I was not kidding, and I do hope that guy I talked to lost his job.

I cannot believe how our concerns about the situation so quickly evaporated and how happy we were to be at Universal Orlando. "

after how you ended your above post, you still have the wish an employee would be fired from his job??

jon, you said..

"I was not kidding, and I do hope that guy I talked to lost his job.

I cannot believe how our concerns about the situation so quickly evaporated and how happy we were to be at Universal Orlando. "

after how you ended your above post, you still have the wish an employee would be fired from his job??

****** was awesome at cusomer relations. **** sucked at customer service and honestly promised me those two rides would not be closed during our visit. That is "AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE" I would fire him if he worked for me for sure!!

I'm glad Loew's and ****** took care of you but I think you missed my post above about someone...anyone promising something to customers. I agree with you that unless you can fulfill the promise, you shouldn't say anything. But...maybe this guy was telling you what he was told to say to customers. Maybe he was just doing his job? I would never promise someone something that I couldn't deliver...but I don't work for the theme parks and don't have to deal with this type of complaint at my job. I would certainly never want someone to lose his/her job when so many people are out of work and facing terrible times in the near future. As I said...maybe he was just doing what he was told by his managers.

Universal closes rides in the winter because that's usually the slowest time of year and they work hard to try and make sure they aren't taking two attractions down at the same time...in the same park. Jaws and JPRA are not in the same park and I'm sure they would know it was going to anger some guests. I can't believe you got this upset over two attactions of the many others that were open. I like Jaws and JPRA as much as the next person but since I go often, I think of it like this: If the line is too long, I won't ride it so I don't miss skipping them. I know you were hoping your son was going to be able to ride both but things happen.

I agree with you metro and may be coming into this a little late but I would never want someone to loose thier job over telling me rides were open and then when we get there they were closed.
I would just deal with it and make the best of my vacation and for example the second time we went to Universal we really wanted to go ride BTTF agian but the ride was closed and they started redoing it for the simpsons and yes I was upset but I wouldn't let that ruin my trip.
But I am happy they made things right for jon and just proves once agian Universal goes out of thier way to make things right

So all of you agree that the current policy of Universal, lie to customers, say the rides will be open, dont announce in advance what will be closed and when the customers get upset, deal with it then, is a good policy? I guess it's different for people who travel to these places often.
I agree, Universal went out of their way to appease us "AFTER THE FACT" It all could have been diverted if they announced in advance what rides and what dates the closures would be. It never would have caught us by surprise the day before we flew to Florida. Obviously someone knows in advance because I heard about it HERE first. Who found out here? why did they know, but Universal kept it a secret when I called?
Look at the advertising on the website.. They push these attractions in your face and then when you go, you find out, oh, that stuff we were selling you on our website and commercials, oh yeah, they're closed, cause its winter. BS people.. cmon.
I didnt as you said "let it ruin my vacation" but I did make a huge stink about it because I think it is a policy that needs to be fixed. Communication and honesty always earns more respect than lying and keeping info from your customers.
Like I said though, I am seeing this as a $15,000 dollar investment that I wanted to get what I was paying for. You all see it as a park down the street that you hit once in a while. We'll probably be back around 2012 or 2013. We will go back because of how well we were treated by ****** . Hopefully Universal will get the message from my complaint and step up awareness about rehabs.

I was just up there last weekend and my son was upset about the 2 rides but thats the way it goes. Then again we are always there. We always go on one of this trips around this time and they are always doing rehabs this time. Its better to do them now than durring the peak season.:thumbsup2

Well...we had an (as usual) awesome stay at HRH. We visited the parks from 2/10-2/14. We were glad to see Jaws open on our last day at the parks. While we were sad that JPRA was not open, we didn't get our panties in a bunch. Maybe we should have? Could have gotten us some nice freebies...lol. JK guys. Rehabs happen. That's life.

What I find funny, Jon, is that you were unhappy when ***** offered you fast passes because that's part of staying on site. You said "what, are you new?" Insinuating that she didn't know her job either, but when you got the free upgrade, she's suddenly the best. She made a mistake, just like the other TM. It happens. Move on. Wanting someone fired over misinformation is a bit much, IMHO. You gotta lighten up. Life's too short.

This thread has veered way off track. It is a thread to list rehabs and dates and not a thread to ***** and moan about rehabs. It is a sticky so new people could quickly check to see what might be closed when they are there. As it is now, people have to wade through tons of pages just to find the information they need.

Just a reminder that listing the names of team members is never OK. I will be deleting any team member names on the posts. I'm closing this thread and starting another sticky thread for rehabs. Please keep the new thread for information purposes and not for discussions. If anyone has complaints about rehabs or lack of information, they can start a new thread about it (outside of the sticky thread.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter