• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Regular (Not MaxPass) FP Question

FallsChurchDad

Mouseketeer
We got our tickets from LMT (4 day PHs for January), and I already loaded them on to the Disneyland App by typing in the numbers on each ticket.

My understanding is that we will scan our phone tickets from the Disneyland App the first day we go to the gate, and at that time they will take our picture and also give us each a physical ticket -- is that right?

We are not sure about getting MaxPass or not, but I imagine we will get it for 1-2 days and not get it for 2-3 days. We are traveling with 3 adults, 2 boys, and a baby, so I imagine, on the days without MaxPass, whenever we go on 40"+ rides, the person who stays with the baby can run and get the next set of FPs.

But when we are going to the FP kiosks, without MaxPass, do we need the physical ticket every time, or can we also use the tickets from the Disneyland App?

It would seem very helpful if the Fastpass runner could just scan the phone app tickets, and then everyone could hold on to their own paper tickets. But does that work?

Thanks! I thought this would be a common question, but I couldn't find it answered anywhere on the boards. There is a lot less info about Disneyland vs. WDW, in terms of these types of fastpass strategies/details!

We got our tickets from LMT (4 day PHs for January), and I already loaded them on to the Disneyland App by typing in the numbers on each ticket.

My understanding is that we will scan our phone tickets from the Disneyland App the first day we go to the gate, and at that time they will take our picture and also give us each a physical ticket -- is that right?

We are not sure about getting MaxPass or not, but I imagine we will get it for 1-2 days and not get it for 2-3 days. We are traveling with 3 adults, 2 boys, and a baby, so I imagine, on the days without MaxPass, whenever we go on 40"+ rides, the person who stays with the baby can run and get the next set of FPs.

But when we are going to the FP kiosks, without MaxPass, do we need the physical ticket every time, or can we also use the tickets from the Disneyland App?

It would seem very helpful if the Fastpass runner could just scan the phone app tickets, and then everyone could hold on to their own paper tickets. But does that work?

Thanks! I thought this would be a common question, but I couldn't find it answered anywhere on the boards. There is a lot less info about Disneyland vs. WDW, in terms of these types of fastpass strategies/details!

No, to get a ticket from the fastpass machine you must have the physical ticket. The ticket gets physically inserted into the machine which cannot be done with a phone.

I've been using MaxPass for the past year, but am nearly positive that they didn't replace all the old FP machine. As such, you would need to place the physical ticket into the machine. So, the FP runner can hold on to the tickets and the rest of the group can use the app to use FPs or even enter the park, if needed.

As ashley0139 said, you need to have the physical ticket to get a FP from the machine(s). Once you've gotten it, you can manage the FP from within the Disneyland App (i.e., cancel it if needed or double check the time) and you can use the App to redeem the FP.

Reverse the logic, and it works - the FP runner holds on to the tickets, and riders using FPs scan the app. Before MP (indeed, back when the FP was actually the thing you handed in), we kept all of our tickets together in one lanyard, and the FP runner just took the lanyard.

Thanks everyone. Very, very helpful. It's always nice when everyone agrees AND each person gives new information that adds to our understanding!

For us, it seems like the "staying with the baby parent" can keep all the hard-copy tickets, and all the adults can log in to the Disneyland App under the same account, so we can all use FPs by scanning the app.

It's good to know that we can also cancel a FP in the app, even on days that we don't have MaxPass. This way, if we change plans, we can cancel and then immediately pull a physical ticket - which was not possible when we last visited Disneyland, all the way back in 2008!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter