Regional fast food that you just have to have when you get close to it?

L and L Hawaiian Barbeque-there are several locations on the mainland. In Hawaii I actually prefer other plate lunch places but L and L is the only thing on the mainland that comes close
Taco Johns-HQ in Cheyenne Wyoming-not really Mexican but if you grew up in that area, yummy.
We had Taco John's in Miles City, MT when we lived there. We didn't have much there, but we had Taco John's.

In Athens, Greece... always stop for souvlakis with a little lemon and feta. It seems every street corner has a place that serves them. That's my favorite 'fast' food.

If you like tacos and come to north Texas. Try Taco Casa, it is my favorite taco fast food place.

In Athens, Greece... always stop for souvlakis with a little lemon and feta. It seems every street corner has a place that serves them. That's my favorite 'fast' food.

I'm with you, except for me, it's pizza in Italy. Every little corner shop sells it, and any pizza you get, anywhere in Italy, is worlds better than the best pizza in the US. I think it's the tomatoes grown in the fertile, volcanic soil. I'm sure the atmosphere helps, too.

Braum's is a family fave. Also love Don & Millie's in NE for cheese frenchees, potato soup, and taco salads.

Oh man.. my dad grew up in NE and would make cheese frenchies once in awhile when I was a kid. I've never seen them in a restaurant though (I lived in NE for a year before moving to FL many years ago). I think I may have to make them for dinner tonight!!

When I'm in Cincinnati I have to have Skyline. When I'm in Dallas I have to have Whataburger. When I'm in Minneapolis I have to have Caribou Coffee, or any airport I'm in where it's an option. The two I have that aren't really regional but I try to stop whenever I can is Waffle House and Steak N Shake.

Not really fast food but whenever I'm in Chicago I try very hard to get to a Gino's.

Portillo's has a location in Minneapolis as well, I like them, but if I'm actually in Chicago I'd much rather go to a local stand than Portillo's.

Swenson‘s drive in- great burgers and milkshakes
Dog n Suds- good hot dogs but great Root Beer
Mitchells Ice Cream- best ice cream ever

That has been our go to when visiting Az these last 10 years or so. I have since tried Shake Shack and I believe I actually prefer their burgers and the fries are hands down better than In n Out.

It’s amazing to me that In-N-Out can make such great burgers, and such terrible fries!

Chik-fil-A. We have one 20 minutes from us and the line is usually over 25 minutes for the drivethru and they have 2 lines for the drive-thru. It's insane. People Love it, including us!

Rubio's for fish tacos
In & Out Burger
El Guero Canelo in Tucson. Bacon-wrapped hot dogs with pinto beans & a whole bunch of other good stuff
fry bread tacos from any of the small stands outside San Xavier del Bac mission south of Tucson
Togo's sandwich shops in CA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter