Refurbishments in April

NicholeB630

DIS Veteran
Its me again .. Ive been posting a lot lately. Just trying to get as much info as possible :flower1:

I have read what attractions are under reburb right now and upcoming. A lot it says TBD when it ends which kinda sucks. We are planning on coming to Cali April 13-21. The week prior to Easter. Is that typically a high time of rides being down? You would think not as its the middle of spring break time!

Im under the impression that the Castle prob will be still under which kinda stinks. I know theres many more good sites for pics there but still a bummer. I see Space Mountain will be under starting in Feb. Is there a chance it would still be in April? I hope we won't miss too much and most will be up and running. My kids LOVE SM at DW and we'd really love to ride it at DL.

I'll keep checking things for refurb lists.

Generally, the park is in full swing in April... However, this whole "Project Stardust" while awaiting the Galaxy's Edge premier is changing things a little. The current refurb list is purposefully vague to allow for delays between now and all those "Spring 2019" reopenings. I don't believe that Space Mountain is supposed to be a long refurb, so you're probably good with that one.

Rumor is that Space is expected to be back by mid-March, unless something unexpected comes up during the refurb.

I do expect the castle to be under wraps, still. All of this rain can’t be helping their timeline on that.

As mentioned, it’s usually not a high refurb time around Easter; however, this year may be a little different with Star Wars looming.

Long ago, Disney used to post fixed dates for return for pretty much all the refurbs. Then a few very big rides, e.g Matterhorn, BTMRR, had major refurbs that went way beyond the announced return date because of all the unforeseen damage that was discovered once the refurb started. The delayed return dates (think months of delay) caused such a ruckus that now Disney has learned to be vague, rather than make promises that they might not be able to keep.

Indiana Jones is going down 3/19. Hopefully it will be back quickly!

Why is it all the Disneyland specific stuff going down? This is driving me crazy with worry.

Looks like it goes down for short refurbs often. Hopefully that is the case. Last one longer than a month was back in 2012...then again that means it is probably "due."

November 27, 2018 to November 29, 2018
  • June 11, 2018 to June 14, 2018
  • November 6, 2017 to November 9, 2017
  • May 1, 2017 to May 25, 2017
  • September 12, 2016 to September 14, 2016
  • February 29, 2016 to March 3, 2016
  • April 20, 2015 to May 1, 2015
  • September 16, 2014 to September 18, 2014
  • March 17, 2014 to May 7, 2014
  • May 7, 2013 to May 8, 2013
  • September 4, 2012 to December 6, 2012

Why is it all the Disneyland specific stuff going down?..
Because SWGE will be in DL, so that's where the overwhelming percentage of the crowds will be come summer. Both parks have to be in tip top shape before SWGE opens, but especially DL -- all the headliners need to be able to handle the use and abuse they are certainly going to get all summer and into the future. DL needs these rides to keep the crowds flowing smoothly, to keep percentages of the crowds off the walkways and out of circulation while they are on these rides. They can't afford for these rides to go down repeatedly or for long periods, thus putting more pressure on other rides and on the walkways. But I totally agree with you -- here's hoping that IJA's refurb doesn't take long!

Because SWGE will be in DL, so that's where the overwhelming percentage of the crowds will be come summer. Both parks have to be in tip top shape before SWGE opens, but especially DL -- all the headliners need to be able to handle the use and abuse they are certainly going to get all summer and into the future. DL needs these rides to keep the crowds flowing smoothly, to keep percentages of the crowds off the walkways and out of circulation while they are on these rides. They can't afford for these rides to go down repeatedly or for long periods, thus putting more pressure on other rides and on the walkways. But I totally agree with you -- here's hoping that IJA's refurb doesn't take long!

Sorry, I meant Disneyland specific vs WDW. Things that are actually significantly different/better than at WDW like GRR, WoC, Indy, Space, plus Paint the Night not running. It's just stressful as I don't get out there often. Wouldn't be a big deal if it was some of the many many clones. I think most will be back up and running for us.

Indiana Jones is showing hours on March 22, so perhaps it was just a short refurb?

I'm excited, today is the first day I can start making dining reservations for my trip. I just hope they get the Fantasmic package reservations up soon.

Indiana Jones is showing hours on March 22, so perhaps it was just a short refurb?

I'm excited, today is the first day I can start making dining reservations for my trip. I just hope they get the Fantasmic package reservations up soon.

Yes we have to make ours next week I think and Id love a F! package.

I was on the page for the ride itself—unless that isn’t accurate?
I don't know if it's accurate or not, it's really strange that it's listed there but park hours aren't listed yet. I don't think I've seen that before, hopefully it will be back up!

Current refurb list has the castle under wraps until at least early May.

Well Ive been MIA ... we are not coming this year to CA :( I am super sad. I talked my husband into a quick trip to Orlando before heading to the Bahamas in July. Were doing two days at Universal and then one Disney day. Were going to do the early morning toy story land ticket and then hop to AK. BUT we are booking for next spring break in CA!!!! We have to wait an entire year but its gonna happen. I'll def be back with lots of questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter