Refund question

SDJEL

Mouseketeer
We rescheduled an April 2020 cruise to April 2021. Now that cruise is cancelled too. Our reservation was for four people. My son will be in college next year and likely wouldn’t be able to join us if we reschedule for next year. With the 25% bonus, this would be more money than we can spend ion the cruise. The only way I can see that we could spend the money would be if I upgrade the three of us to concierge. But then I would have to pay extra which I don’t really want to do.

We don’t drink and I’m not a fan of Remy. One meal at Palo is enough for us. I hate the upselling so I avoid the spa. Done the excursions and don’t need to do them again. We usually get off the ship owing less than $300.

Does anyone know if we can get a refund for just one of the four fares?

If you booked through a travel agent they should be able to answer that question or find out for you. If you booked through Disney Cruise line give them a call. With all the things that have changed on how the cruise lines are handling refunds your best bet is to get it right from the people who make the decisions.

I think it's an all-or-nothing on the initial offer -- FCC or refund. However, the credits are per-passenger so your son's credit can't be used towards a cruise he doesn't take. If you book a new cruise using the FCC but don't list him as a passenger, his credit remains in the account attached to his name. By those rules, it would be logical that his fare can be refunded if unused, though you may need to wait out the FCC use-period (currently May2022). I don't think you can ask to split the FCC/refund immediately (taking some cash now and leaving some in FCC).

I don't think you can ask to split the FCC/refund immediately (taking some cash now and leaving some in FCC).

It can get complicated. So make sure to check with your travel agent or DCL to be sure of your specific situation. But for us, we were able to mix and match our Future Cruise Credits from two different original 2020 cruises that were cancelled and apply them at first to a new 2021 cruise (also now cancelled) and another Fall 2021 cruise.

We had passengers A,B,C,and D on an April 2020 cruise and A, B, D, and E on a July 2020 cruise. Passenger E was not able to rebook for another cruise. So the July 2020 cruise fare for that passenger was refunded. We originally applied FCC from the April 2020 and July 2020 cruises of passengers A, B, C, and D to June 2021 and October 2021 cruises. After the June 2021 cruise was cancelled (9-night Alaska), we decided to cancel the October 2021 cruise and rebook a different October 2021 cruise. The FCC from the two original 2020 cruises was mixed and applied to the newest Oct 2021 cruise. Some (most) of the passenger fares were simply refunded and some applied to the new cruise as FCC.

@lanejudy is correct, ALL of the fare for any given passenger on a given cancelled cruise had to be applied to a future cruise or none of it, or else the FCC would not be granted. So the only options for a given passenger’s fare are FCC fully applied to a new cruise or a full refund of original amount paid for that passenger. Refunds never include any extra % from a FCC offer, only the actual original amount paid.

Our travel agent (Tammy O. from Dreams Unlimited; she’s awesome!) worked really diligently with DCL to make sure that the mix of fares that were converted to FCC were as close as possible to the overall new cruise fare so that we didn’t end up with excessive on-board credit. Any excess OBC would be non-refundable if we didn’t end up using it on the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter