Refund of redemption awards?

my2sunshines

Earning My Ears
Hi, I canceled a room reservation for May. I used my rewards redemption dollars. Did I lose those rewards? I booked a new reservation but the redemption card doesn't show a credit back of the rewards I used. Was I supposed to call to cancel instead? I canceled about a month ago. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you.

I used a redemption card for our May trip too. When I canceled I was told they cannot add money back to card. They have to send us a gift card for the amount. I would assume yours would be the same. They said it would take 4 to 6 weeks to receive gift card. Hope that helps.

I had used Disney Visa rewards redemption card to pay for the Villains party (which was last week :sad: ). Disney automatically cancelled it and they emailed me a gift card for the full amount.

Thanks, I guess the difference being that they canceled on you rather than you canceling on them. I'd be happy to get a gift card, I'd really hate to lose the rewards. Glad you got it back quickly though!

I'm also expecting a refund via gift card because they can't load it onto the rewards card. I was told the department that issues gift cards is currently closed so I wouldn't receive the gift card with the refund until a couple of weeks after that department opens back up.

Great thanks for the replies. In your opinion do you think I'd need to call it it would be automatic? Obviously I can wait no problem. Thanks

Hi, I canceled a room reservation for May. I used my rewards redemption dollars. Did I lose those rewards? I booked a new reservation but the redemption card doesn't show a credit back of the rewards I used. Was I supposed to call to cancel instead? I canceled about a month ago. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you.

I cancelled a March trip and a substantial portion of my resort package was paid for with Disney Visa reward dollars. The rewards were placed back on my rewards card very quickly after I cancelled. I'm wondering if they are handling room/package reservations differently than ticket cancellations? At first I couldn't see the rewards, but I went directly into the rewards site (not my Chase account) and saw they were back on my card. I contacted Chase via e-mail and they were able to help me. You may want to call Chase first to see if they can see the rewards on their end.

I used a redemption card for our May trip too. When I canceled I was told they cannot add money back to card. They have to send us a gift card for the amount. I would assume yours would be the same. They said it would take 4 to 6 weeks to receive gift card. Hope that helps.
When I made my reservation for 2021, I was told they CAN put money back on a redemption card.....I’ve never actually had to do that, so IDK which CM is right and which is wrong. As another poster said, we should probably ask Chase; they do have superb customer service.

I cancelled a March trip and a substantial portion of my resort package was paid for with Disney Visa reward dollars. The rewards were placed back on my rewards card very quickly after I cancelled. I'm wondering if they are handling room/package reservations differently than ticket cancellations? At first I couldn't see the rewards, but I went directly into the rewards site (not my Chase account) and saw they were back on my card. I contacted Chase via e-mail and they were able to help me. You may want to call Chase first to see if they can see the rewards on their end.
Could you please tell me how long after you cancelled did your money show back up on your disney rewards card? Also do you know if there is an expiration date on the redemption card?

Also do you know if there is an expiration date on the redemption card?
There isn't. The redemption cards are reloadable, so as you accrue points on your Visa card, you can transfer them onto your redemption card. Points do expire, but once they are transferred to a redemption card, the card is no different than a gift card with no expiration once you transfer the money onto it. You keep the same redemption card and just re-use it every time you want to add your dollars to it. Because of this, I don't see why Disney would not be able to refund the money to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter