• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Refund for 1-day ticket when all parks sold out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

juliekzp

DIS Veteran
I know tickets are non-refundable, but has anyone had any luck arguing themselves into a refund for a 1-day ticket, when all the parks are sold out for that day? A friend bought her tickets in November but never made park reservations....

Since they clearly state to check reservations and reservations are required, no I don't think they will refund the ticket purchased months ago. If unused that ticket will retain value as a credit towards a future ticket.

I suggest she keep watching the availability because it does change with people canceling and changing plans. Since she has a ticket, she can quickly snag one that pops up. Even that day keep trying, some have gotten lucky with reservations opening day-of. Otherwise, she can ask for a refund but I wouldn't expect it.

I haven't seen any such reports, and given that the instructions to check park reservations availability beforehand pops up multiple times when buying tickets, I'll be very surprised if Disney grants her pixie dust for this. It's not as if she didn't have time to make reservations between buying the tickets and reservations booking up - unless she was incapacitated for that long period. And Disney does have the policy that if the tickets aren't used, the cost of them converts to a credit that she can apply to future tickets, so she won't lose the money she spent on them.

Since they clearly state to check reservations and reservations are required, no I don't think they will refund the ticket purchased months ago. If unused that ticket will retain value as a credit towards a future ticket.

I suggest she keep watching the availability because it does change with people canceling and changing plans. Since she has a ticket, she can quickly snag one that pops up. Even that day keep trying, some have gotten lucky with reservations opening day-of. Otherwise, she can ask for a refund but I wouldn't expect it.
Does she have to do anything to get the credit? Or does it automatically convert if she doesn't use it? She wants to keep trying for a reservation, but doesn't want to miss any window to convert it into a credit.

Does she have to do anything to get the credit? Or does it automatically convert if she doesn't use it? She wants to keep trying for a reservation, but doesn't want to miss any window to convert it into a credit.

It'll stay in her files on the back end, she won't be able to see it after the day ends though. She should take down any confirmation numbers/ticket numbers/etc for her own record keeping.

If she is not able to get a reservation and use the ticket, have her take a picture of the back of the ticket and save it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter