Refrigerated medicines in the park

KYTink

Earning My Ears
I will need to take medicine into the parks that needs to stay cold. Anyone had issues going through bag check with meds?

I will need to take medicine into the parks that needs to stay cold. Anyone had issues going through bag check with meds?
Meds can be taken through security.

BTW, how will you be keeping them refrigerated?

You can bring in a small cooler, yourself, or you can leave the meds at "First Aid" in each park which has refrigeration for guest meds.

Meds can be taken through security.

BTW, how will you be keeping them refrigerated?

You can bring in a small cooler, yourself, or you can leave the meds at "First Aid" in each park which has refrigeration for guest meds.
Thank you for the information! We're still working on type of cooler.

remember to pack some Ziploc baggies for the ice to keep cool. loose ice more than meds will be a problem at security
This is a great tip! I've packed coolers hundreds of times but not to go through security! Thank you!!

My daughter uses insulin which we must bring into the park. To keep it cool we use Frio cooling cases. They keep the insulin cool and safe even when temperatures outside are in the 90s. They come in different sizes and need to be submerged in water for about 8 minutes a day in order to activate them. We find them much easier than a cooler with cold packs or ice to carry around all day at the parks.

I never have a problem bringing the meds through security. We do keep the insulin and other medical supplies in one bag which I carry through the line myself. I always have the bag unzipped and ready and usually mention that the supplies are for my daughter's type 1 diabetes.

My daughter uses insulin which we must bring into the park. To keep it cool we use Frio cooling cases. They keep the insulin cool and safe even when temperatures outside are in the 90s. They come in different sizes and need to be submerged in water for about 8 minutes a day in order to activate them. We find them much easier than a cooler with cold packs or ice to carry around all day at the parks.

I never have a problem bringing the meds through security. We do keep the insulin and other medical supplies in one bag which I carry through the line myself. I always have the bag unzipped and ready and usually mention that the supplies are for my daughter's type 1 diabetes.
We used the Frio for our son who is type 1. It worked great for travel as well as in the parks.

Another Frio user here. I use a pouch for my insulin pump when outdoors in the heat. The Frio pouches I've used do not keep meds "ice cold" if that's what you need, but they keep meds "cool."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter