Refreshment package vs. Soda package

Is there somewhere to see the actual prices of drinks? We bought just the soda package but my husband likes a latte sometimes and I like mocktails sometimes and am just wondering how much they would be on their own or if I should just upgrade from the soda package to the refreshment package. We will be on the Independence of the Seas so not sure what’s available since this is our first cruise ever.

Is there somewhere to see the actual prices of drinks? We bought just the soda package but my husband likes a latte sometimes and I like mocktails sometimes and am just wondering how much they would be on their own or if I should just upgrade from the soda package to the refreshment package. We will be on the Independence of the Seas so not sure what’s available since this is our first cruise ever.

This link provides some general information to start your search:
General drink prices

For us, the refreshment package was worth it once we hit 4 drinks per day. Through a combination of espresso drinks, and smoothies and fresh juices (available on the Harmony, not on Indy unfortunately), this was very easy to accomplish. Of course this depends on at what price your purchase the refreshment package - if your sailing is not until after Black Friday, you can typically buy it then at 50% off.

I'm guessing the costs of the mocktails would not be that different that the cost of the smoothies/juices (which were $6 back then, now up to $7-8 I believe).

Last edited:
If you look in the Royal app they will show Dining and in there you can see the menus for dining, as well as the bars/lounges. It might not list everything but you can get an idea of the cost of most things. I am not sure if it's the same prices on all ships.

This link provides some general information to start your search:
General drink prices

For us, the refreshment package was worth it once we hit 4 drinks per day. Through a combination of espresso drinks, and smoothies and fresh juices (available on the Harmony, not on Indy unfortunately), this was very easy to accomplish. Of course this depends on at what price your purchase the refreshment package - if your sailing is not until after Black Friday, you can typically buy it then at 50% off.

I'm guessing the costs of the mocktails would not be that different that the cost of the smoothies/juices (which were $6 back then, now up to $7-8 I believe).

Ok thank you 😊

For me it depends on the itinerary if I get the refreshment package or the soda package or even just the coffee card. If the cruise is port heavy and I'll be off the boat most days I don't get the refreshment package. I know I'll be out exploring the port, on an excursion that offers drinks, etc and I usually come back on board ready for a nap not a soda or coffee. On these itineraries I would either bring several large bottles of water or get a case delivered to my stateroom and then get the coffee card for a little something special. I have a cruise on Royal coming up in July and I went with the refreshment package because I only plan on getting off in 1 port therefore I'll use the package more. Maybe something to consider when making your decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter