Refresh my memory: How do I get to the International Gateway from DHS?

MinniesYooHoo

With the cows and the chickens, they all sound lik
If I remember correctly, we can simply hop on the boat from DHS, and enter EPCOT throught the back entrance correct? We are going to spend the first half of one of our park days at DHS. But for dinner, we have ressies at EPCOT, and we want to spend the rest of the night there. I just want to make the transition as quick as possible. Correct me if I'm wrong.:goodvibes

If I remember correctly, we can simply hop on the boat from DHS, and enter EPCOT throught the back entrance correct? We are going to spend the first half of one of our park days at DHS. But for dinner, we have ressies at EPCOT, and we want to spend the rest of the night there. I just want to make the transition as quick as possible. Correct me if I'm wrong.:goodvibes

You are absolutely correct just take the Friendship boat from DHS
Mind you its going to stop at the Swan/Dolphin then Boardwalk the Y/BC before it gets to Epcot so make sure you plan your timing right.

You will be let off in between France and the U.K. Also, watch out for some characters because they like to meet and greet with guests there ;).

This sounds like a great strategy! How long should I plan for the trip to take from DHS to Epcot? Where do I find the boat at DHS?

When you exit Security at DHS stay to your left and you will see a walkway going to the boat landing. Boats run continuously, about every 20 minutes. As there are three intervening stops, it takes 25 - 30 minutes each way.

Stops are Epcot >> Boardwalk >> Y&B >> Swolphin >> DHS >> Swolphin >> Y&B >> Boardwalk >> Epcot.

If you continue on your left, and cross over the water, there will be a path that you can follow which will also taker you to the IG. If the line for the boat is very long it may be a good idea to walk rather than wait for a second or even third boat before boarding.

My son and I walked last week from DHS to Epcot last week and then back to the Studios later in the day. It was a beautiful day with perfect weather and we really enjoyed the walk. We both agreed that it might be too hot to do during our next visit in August because of the summer heat.

I thought that's what I remembered. Thanks everyone for the quick responses!:goodvibes

DHS-Epcot-IG_012311.jpg

I've done the walk a number of times. If it is nice out and you've got OK speed, unless the boat is already at or near the dock and you know you can on it, walking can be faster. The boat makes three stops each way between the parks.

You are correct. I believe you will be dropped off at the Yacht Club but there was a boat to the Epcot side (Boardwalk) as well.

You are correct. I believe you will be dropped off at the Yacht Club but there was a boat to the Epcot side (Boardwalk) as well.

You might be confused about the stops a bit.

There are 5 docks...DHS and Epcot (International Gateway) have their own docks.

There are three resort stops...Swan/Dolphin, Yacht/Beach Club (closer to Yacht Club), and Boardwalk. IIRC that is the order the boat stops when going DHS->Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter