Refills with popcorn bucket receipt?

We've used buckets that a CM in the know would know hasn't been produced in several years. We are AP and Florida Residents. We don't stay onsite, so what is our length of trip? There is no RFID chip in the buckets.
đź‘Ť

Last edited:
My DH wants the popcorn to be free, just like the mug.

We are so cheap or frugal, we bring back old bucket and make microwave popcorn before we leave for the park. It’s just us, so it’s enough.

I read somewhere that if you buy a popcorn bucket, you can just show the receipt from your purchase in order to get more popcorn at the refill price. But I haven't been able to confirm this. We love popcorn and I like the idea of the refills as an inexpensive snack... But I hate the idea of having to carry around the bucket everywhere we go. Has anyone had success just showing their receipt?
We got one in our last trip and pretty sure we just had to show the bucket - we never got asked for our receipt.

My family loves the WDW popcorn so much that I usually fill a large tin to bring home. Like the ones you see around Holiday time available at WalMart. It takes 5 refills to fill our tin.

The ONLY time I have been asked for a receipt was our last trip in March. I stopped at the cart between the Castle and Tomorrowland. I asked for 5 refills and the CM asked me for the original receipt and my 5 buckets. After asking why he finally relented and said he would complete the transaction "this one time". I had the current popcorn bucket design and even offered to go through the line 5 times. They were not directly filling the tin. I handed them my bucket and I transferred the popcorn to my tin. I had previously done this many times at locations all over property with no issue.

Taking my tin to WDW again next week and planning to take home popcorn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter