Refillable mug?

No, you are not allowed to bring old mugs and reuse them. They're valid for length-of-stay only even if they're not RFID-chipped to enforce it.

Honestly how cheap can you be to steal soda at an oceanfront Hawaii resort?
Just trying to help Chapek and Disney achieve their environmental goals.

"Eliminating plastic straws and other plastic items are meaningful steps in our long-standing commitment to environmental stewardship, Bob Chapek, Disney Parks, Experiences, and Consumer Products Chairman said in the statement. "These new global efforts help reduce our environmental footprint, and advance our long-term sustainability goals."

Does Dreams still send you free mugs with an Aulani reservation or do you just get a voucher for mugs at the resort? I hope the latter so we can select from the options available, if there are options!

I am excited. I think it would be worth it for the souvenir part of the trip. We will be there for just 3 days, but will try to use it as much as possible

Just soda in the machines or have they also brought back POG?
I don’t see POG. Doesn’t mean it’s not there. Here’s the list of brands on the machines. Some machines may show “sold out” when not available.

Attachments

• 827EB5E9-B955-4ECD-9118-95108E72E759.jpeg
    827EB5E9-B955-4ECD-9118-95108E72E759.jpeg
    35.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 0100A647-9787-4FB3-AED5-1C907EF5EE9C.jpeg
    0100A647-9787-4FB3-AED5-1C907EF5EE9C.jpeg
    30.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 522911D0-F780-451F-BC5B-16BD56ECCFC4.jpeg
    522911D0-F780-451F-BC5B-16BD56ECCFC4.jpeg
    36.6 KB · Views: 62
Anyone know how much a soda costs without the mug? And where are the refill stations located?

Is there just a plain, unsweetened ice tea available for consumption with the mugs? We always have coffee in the morning and a few ice teas in the aft, so it would certainly be cost effective just for those!

Is there just a plain, unsweetened ice tea available for consumption with the mugs? We always have coffee in the morning and a few ice teas in the aft, so it would certainly be cost effective just for those!
From what I have seen, it does not look like the machines have iced tea. I don't remember seeing it sold at Aulani at all. You might have to buy some bottles at the store for your trip.

Anyone know how much a soda costs without the mug? And where are the refill stations located?
I don't think that they have brought disposable cups back. It is either the refillable ones or you have to buy bottles from their cooler.

Where do you get the coffee for the mugs? It looks like the pictures I've seen are just the freestyle machine. And is it the same coffee they provide in the rooms (basic black coffee) or something else?

Thanks for all the updates!

Last edited:
Where do you get the coffee for the mugs? It looks like the pictures I've seen are just the freestyle machine. And is it the same coffee they provide in the rooms (basic black coffee) or something else?

Thanks for all the updates!
They have coffee pots out, they are just on a counter a few feet away. And yes, it is just regular brewed coffee. Disney uses Joffrey's brand but they have their own Aulani blend. The bar is a coffee shop in the morning with espresso drinks if you want to buy those. But I recommend going across the street to Island Vintage Coffee shop if you want good coffee. There are a ton of pictures of ULU Cafe online if you want to see the layout. I am sure that there are even video walk throughs that people have posted on YouTube if you want to see what it looks like.

They have coffee pots out, they are just on a counter a few feet away. And yes, it is just regular brewed coffee. Disney uses Joffrey's brand but they have their own Aulani blend. The bar is a coffee shop in the morning with espresso drinks if you want to buy those. But I recommend going across the street to Island Vintage Coffee shop if you want good coffee. There are a ton of pictures of ULU Cafe online if you want to see the layout. I am sure that there are even video walk throughs that people have posted on YouTube if you want to see what it looks like.
Thanks, so the coffee is inside of Ulu vs the Freestyle Machines outside of Ulu. Makes sense, thanks!

Thanks, so the coffee is inside of Ulu vs the Freestyle Machines outside of Ulu. Makes sense, thanks!
No, the coffee pots and the freestyle machine are both right outside the cafe in their covered area. It is not a big place. Check out the pictures. Have fun.

We go to Costco and get the 2.5 lb bag of Royal Kona Vanilla Macadamia Nut!

I don't think that they have brought disposable cups back. It is either the refillable ones or you have to buy bottles from their cooler.
Any idea on what a bottle costs? I need to math it out to convince my wife that we should get them. We are only there for 3 nights, so have to plead my case! Also, is the Ulu Cafe the only location for the refills?

Any idea on what a bottle costs? I need to math it out to convince my wife that we should get them. We are only there for 3 nights, so have to plead my case! Also, is the Ulu Cafe the only location for the refills?
I am going to be honest with you. I never look at prices when I go on vacation. I know it's going to be expensive. But I imagine that they are in the $2-$4 range. They do have a selection of local drinks as well. If you are really penny pinching, just go up to a local grocery store and buy your drink there. But you get to keep the mug. We use our Disney mugs every day.

This is coffee station right outside Ulu Cafe.
There is unfortunately no iced tea on the machine.
You can ask for tea bags and hot chocolate from the cashier. Yes you will need to line up everytime you want those.

The stations are 3 by Ulu Cafe, 1 by Lava Shack and 1 by Ama Ama. Sometimes not all 3 areas have working machines.

The machines are 24hrs a day.

Ulu Cafe closes by 8:30pm (idk if their times changes seasonally like the pools or not). So if you think you may want hot cocoa or tea at night make sure you ask for them before they close.

Attachments

• EF826021-C5A7-4804-B484-508B3DCCB978.jpeg
    EF826021-C5A7-4804-B484-508B3DCCB978.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 96
Idk how much the bottles cost as we went to Costco to load up. However, I found that hot tea was over $5 (almost $6). Fancy coffee cost between $7-9.

So you can kind of get a feel of what things cost.

I bought the mugs even when we only had 2 days to use it 😆. It honestly was worth it since my kids were tired of me telling them we only have water to drink.

3 machines by Zulu Cafe, 1 by Lava Shack and 1 by Ama Ama.
Not all locations may work all the time. And some drinks may be sold out on some stations.

Do you know if they are chipped, the freestyle machines before would let you bring an old Aulani mug? Also, I'll second the question about the machine over by the Store across from the shaved ice stand. Is it open as well?
No not chipped.
This is the sign by the cups.

Also yes lava shack machine is operating.

Attachments

• B204D013-8430-4360-8DBC-4F555A37C10C.jpeg
    B204D013-8430-4360-8DBC-4F555A37C10C.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 103

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter