Refillable Mug Tips for the morning?

toyotaae86lg

Disney Magic is AMAZING!!!
So we will be staying at Pop this september and on the dining plan. There are 3 of us so that means 3 mugs for our stay. We really like the mugs but wanted to see if you guys had some advice or tips for mornings. Our usual routine is get up and ready, breakfast at Everything Pop and straight from eating to the bus stops. Problem we pose is that we are stuck with mugs to lug around all day. I read/heard a tip where someone got up early, filled their mugs and brought them back to the room to fill the plastic cups and then took those so that they could just throw them away when done. What do you guys do about your mugs? My wife likes to take some coffee on the bus to parks.

I had the same question, and garden grocer doesn't carry disposable cups with lids. Maybe I can request them?

You can go down to the food court early, just to fill up mugs with coffee, to bring back to the room. That coffee you drink while everyone is getting showered and ready. Then go to food court, using your counter service meal, which will come with a drink, to get another coffee for the road!

Are you bringing a backpack into the parks with you? If so, toss them in there or dangle them with a carabiner.

We got up early enough to walk to fill them up and bring them back to our room to finish getting ready and left them in our room. You could always enjoy your coffee with breakfast, then just have one of you run all of the mugs back to your room while one of you stays with the kids while they finish up breakfast.

Two people could go to the food court while the third is in the shower, they fill the mugs and bring them and breakfast back to the room. Eat in the room then take the trays back to the food court on your way to the bus. There was only two of us but I did this a lot at POR, bringing breakfast and two full mugs back for the two of us while my partner showered.

I always get myself and my DW a coffee in the morning while she is getting ready. The we go for breakfast and have some more.

I get coffee and something for breakfast for DH & me and take it back to the room while he is in the shower. He leaves his mug in the room and I take mine fill it with more coffee for the road. I have a carabiner hook attached to my cross body bag and when I'm done with my coffee I fill the mug with napkins and clip it to the hook. This way I'm not carrying it and if I have leftover soda after lunch I use the mug to keep it cold. Also I have my mug with me when getting back to the hotel and grab a soda on the way back to the room.

Last edited:
We keep them with us. Usually in a backpack. They don't really add any weight and when we get cs meals we refill our drinks when done and transfer the beverage to our cups or sometimes just fill them up with water. Never been stopped for filing it up with water. Then we have them ready for a drink when we get back to our resort. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

We also drag them along. Then we have them either when we get back or if we visit another resort. We fill them all day with water.

We usually drag them along, and find that keeping them in a backpack or clipped on a carabiner on the stroller works well. A major advantage of carrying them is that in your travels you can visit other resorts and use the mugs at their QS RFID drink locations. This is fine with Disney since they implemented the RFID system. Last trip, we wound up filling them at many resorts, and it gave us a chance to stop by and explore new resorts.

Technically there is no eating or drinking on the buses. So no need to haul that mug on the bus at all. Unless you plan to put your drink from the parks into the mug.

We never use our mugs for breakfast or take them to the parks. We usually get a meal if we eat breakfast and it comes with a drink, so no need for the mugs. We lug so much around, sticky mugs doesn't sound like much fun to me. ;) I do think clipping them with a carabiner would be the only way I would take them, if I were to take them.

I have never had a bus driver object to a covered container on a bus, so I sometimes haul my cup with me. I miss when the resorts kept disposable cups and covers in the room. We always bought the ugs, even when they were not included on the plan, so I used to bring my mug, but use the paper cup provided to us. I hate mixing coffee in a cup I like to use for water, and I used that mug for filtered water more than anything else.

WE have clips to attach the mugs if we don't trek back to the room, and that works well because in the parks we can transfer lefover beverages into the mug.

I attach mug to purse strap with Carabiner. I also use it in the parks to transfer beverage into if I don't drink it all at lunch. And if you eat at a resort at lunch or dinner, you can refil mug there too. After meal I like to get an ice tea to take with me from refil station.

Garden grocer does have Dixie cups with lids, I just ordered some for our trip in September and plan on getting coffee to go for the ride, they are listed under household items

We have someone run down to fill the mugs while we get ready in the morning and drink our coffee/hot chocolate in the room. When we get back to the resort, our son usually runs down and fills them for us to enjoy in the room if we aren't wandering around or going to sit by the pool. I definitely don't want to be the pack mule carrying every ones mugs all day long.

We always ran them back to the room after breakfast. One person would run them back while the others waited in the lobby. We'd usually have the kids use the restroom during that time. It was much better than lugging them around and only took a few minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter