>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

are the new mugs now available at all resorts?

I don't know for sure, but I'd imagine by this point the new design must be in stock across all resorts. I think the mug stock rotates very quickly with new guests coming in.

Is there a list somewhere for all the specific locations where these mugs can be used? Ie: where at the Contemporary, Beach Club etc. Thanks!:flower:

I thought we were able to get milk last time for my daughter. Darn. Does anyone know if you can just buy a gallon of milk at CBR to keep in your room?
I thought we got milk last time also because I remember going to get it and put it in cereal in the room - maybe we bought it - can't remember. Anyway if you can't get a half gallon at your resort they do have a little grocery store in the Fort Wilderness Camp ground if you need somewhere on property to go and get milk.

I've added a note to the FAQ....debates about whether the forever mugs should still be usable are considered off-topic, and will be deleted. These threads get very long and unwieldy as it is, and I just removed about a page worth of forever mug posts.

This is the deadest of dead horses. The forever mug program ended years ago, and no amount of debate on this thread is going to bring it back. If you're upset about not being able to use your old mug, contact Disney and express your concerns. The purpose of this thread is to provide helpful information on the current mug program for guests planning trips to WDW, not to argue about the way things were a decade or more ago.

Does anyone have a picture of the 2016 Rapid refill mugs? Im interested to see!

Does anyone have a picture of the 2016 Rapid refill mugs? Im interested to see!
I think it's still the same as late 2015. There are pictures in posts #1 and #65 of this thread. There is a link in post #70 that has several pictures of the most recent mugs. Also Google can show you thousands of pictures of the mugs.

I think it's still the same as late 2015. There are pictures in posts #1 and #65 of this thread. There is a link in post #70 that has several pictures of the most recent mugs. Also Google can show you thousands of pictures of the mugs.

Actually, a new design came out in October - there's a link in post #106.

Actually, a new design came out in October - there's a link in post #106.
I knew that, that's why I said late 2015 but then I cited the pics of the mug right before that one, oops my mistake. That's what I get for trying to post when pressed for time.

Last edited:
Great information. Question: Is water free regardless? I'm thinking to wake up, grab our four mugs for two coffees, two cokes for kids, and fill a couple water bottles for later in the day? Or, do I need to use our mugs and dump into the water cups?

Great information. Question: Is water free regardless? I'm thinking to wake up, grab our four mugs for two coffees, two cokes for kids, and fill a couple water bottles for later in the day? Or, do I need to use our mugs and dump into the water cups?

Water is free whatever.

Yes, they are! They are insulated/double walled and can also be microwaved (I'm 99% sure on that). They are not dishwasher safe, however...only because water will get trapped between the layers over time.
I have about 10 of these mugs in various designs from over the years and always put mine in the dishwasher! I suppose because I rotate them they are not going in the washer too regularly, but I haven't had any problems with any of them(so far!)

Are any of the resorts offering orange mugs? I swear I saw orange ones a few years ago, but have never been able to find them.

Are any of the resorts offering orange mugs? I swear I saw orange ones a few years ago, but have never been able to find them.

In 2011 there was an orange lid/handle used with the "by the pool" mug design. Orange was offered along with green and purple during the initial Rapid Fill test at All-Star Sports; later those colors showed up at other resorts like Pop Century.

Whether someone is filling twice or more often by sharing is in the eye of the beholder. Some people get the mug and drink one soda a day. Another person may buy the mug and go get refills every 30 minutes while hanging out by the pool. Every person is different and you can't make a blanket statement that sharing with someone will equate to using it more than if drinking alone.

The mug is sold for unlimited refills for the duration of the stay. Which means I can just stand there and keep refilling every 2 minutes if I so choose. Frankly this would be a complete waste of time while in Disney- but I would definitely get my money's worth. Lol

I don't recall seeing it written anywhere that if you but a mug you CANNOT share your drinks with anyone. I don't care how people use their mug once they purchase it.
Number of Meals During Your Package Stay The Disney Dining Plan includes one (1) Quick-Service Meal, one (1) Snack and one (1) Table-Service Meal per person, per night of your package stay for everyone in the party ages 3 and over, beginning after check-in to your Disney Resort hotel. The plan also includes one (1) Rapid Fill Resort refillable drink mug per person that is valid for the length of your stay (eligible for refills at self-service beverage islands at Quick-Service locations at any Disney Resort hotel).

Number of Meals During Your Package Stay The Disney Dining Plan includes one (1) Quick-Service Meal, one (1) Snack and one (1) Table-Service Meal per person, per night of your package stay for everyone in the party ages 3 and over, beginning after check-in to your Disney Resort hotel. The plan also includes one (1) Rapid Fill Resort refillable drink mug per person that is valid for the length of your stay (eligible for refills at self-service beverage islands at Quick-Service locations at any Disney Resort hotel).
I would take that to mean, not meant to be shared.

That is IF you get the dining plan. And it only specifies the quantity per person. It doesn't specify if that person can share drinks with anyone else- does it?
What if I choose to but one without the dining plan? The sign by the mugs only specifies the price and the timeframe (length of stay).
Regardless, my point was that one cannot judge that sharing smug with someone else constitutes more use out of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter