Refillable mug changes

I was planning on getting one to use as a souvenir after my trip--with an added bonus of coffee and hot cocoa while at the resort.

Will the refillable mug work in any park or only in the park where it was purchased?
As has been said, it won't work in the parks. The Resort Refillable mug will work in ANY of the resorts that offer the service and not just the resort you purchased it at.

Does anyone know what brand of hot cocoa is served in the dispensers for the mugs? I'm trying to find out if it's gluten-free, but WDW Special Diets told me they can't release that information ahead of time in case they switch brands and that I need to find out when I get there (which I appreciate their concern but would still like to know). I just want to know if it's normally a gluten-free brand so I can plan if we want to get mugs or not in advance rather than making the decision when we arrive.

Does anyone know what brand of hot cocoa is served in the dispensers for the mugs? I'm trying to find out if it's gluten-free, but WDW Special Diets told me they can't release that information ahead of time in case they switch brands and that I need to find out when I get there (which I appreciate their concern but would still like to know). I just want to know if it's normally a gluten-free brand so I can plan if we want to get mugs or not in advance rather than making the decision when we arrive.
Did you ask them what they CURRENTLY have or what they WILL have?

Did you ask them what they CURRENTLY have or what they WILL have?

This was my email:

Hello,

I am wondering if the hot chocolate/hot cocoa at WDW Resorts at the self-serve stations (for the refillable mugs) contains gluten? Is it possible to find out the specific brand so I may confirm?

Thank you for your help, and for accommodating so many guest allergies & sensitivities!

Can I fill my mug and bring it to a full service restaurant? I would only do this at breakfast. I will get the mug, because I am on DDp. I don't drink soda, but I do like coffee in the am, but we want to eat breakfast at Olivia's. Will people look at me like I'm a total cheapskate:) It's only a couple of bucks, but I will save it if I can!

If you are on the Dining plan, then a beverage is included with the meal and you can get coffee. Otherwise, I wouldn't see why they would balk too much. So what if people will look at you like you are a total cheapskate. One person calls it being cheap, another calls it being frugal.

If all else fails, you can bring it in with you as you would any other souvenir you may have. Order a glass of water with you meal and leave the Refillable mug on the table to drink. Just don't make a big deal about it.

Sorry if this has already been asked with the new program for the RFID mugs - We have a split stay and getting the DDP for our first reservation and then skipping the dining plan for our other resort reservation = can the mugs be used for our entire 5 day on both reservations or do the reservations have to be linked in some way?

TIA - Have a magical day! :)

Sorry if this has already been asked with the new program for the RFID mugs - We have a split stay and getting the DDP for our first reservation and then skipping the dining plan for our other resort reservation = can the mugs be used for our entire 5 day on both reservations or do the reservations have to be linked in some way?

TIA - Have a magical day! :)
It will work for both. They are automatically coded for a 14 day minimum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter