Refillable Drink Mugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllStarFan

Mouseketeer
I have two of the refillable drink mugs from several years ago during the 25th Anniversary celebration. I used them the year that I got them, and then took them back the next year and used them with no problems. My question is: Does anyone know if these are technically for the length of your stay or are they good as long as you bring them back? I'm planning on taking them next week. Doesn't hurt to try.

This comes up quite often and leads to a huge debate.

As per Disney Guidelines they are for your length of your stay and thats all.

Now some posters will say that a Castmember said it was ok to use etc etc. But as per Disney Management it is only good for that vist.

Hope this helps :) :)

PS Lets not start a big debate please everyone Thank You :) :)

PS Lets not start a big debate please everyone Thank You

I hope it doesn't start a hugh debate, but I'd like to answer also :D

You say you have the 25th anniversary mugs. I have 25th anniversary mugs, but they were from the park, not from the resorts. The mugs I have are not reusable..although I have seen them being used in the food court, but if you have the same mugs I do, if you ask a food court manager, you will be told no, only resort mugs from your resort can be used. (if you ask a CM, they'll usually tell you you can use the resort mugs at any resort..but the food court managers don't go that far). Did the resorts have 25th anniversary refillable mugs also?

Not only do I still hear CM's saying to bring back your mugs, but so do the food court managers. Another gal on this list just posted that in her call to Disney, she was told that some foodcourts are following their own rules. Guess it may be like a local supermarket who lets you use more than the allowed 6 double coupons. The manager made a decision about it, and the main store allows the store managers to vary from the main store rules. Seems like Disney, up til now, has allowed the food court managers to allow mugs to be reused..even encourage it.

The official word, as stated above, has been length of stay..although I was very surprised to see the sign saying that is down at POR-R (still up at All Stars -S two weeks ago). The sign at POR-R by the drinks, just gives the price now, and says refillable.

Official word from WDW via email (quoted by other posters on these boards) states that the mug is only good for length of stay. Signs at the resorts state this as well.

Cast Members, including resort and/or foodcourt managers, have stated to guests (me included) that they are good for future visits. All I can say is follow your heart.

My 25th Anniversary mugs are from the food court at the All Star Sports. I plan to take them with me just in case I can reuse them. If not, the price of new ones is worth it when you are there for a week. Just trying to save where I can, not beat the system.

I'll give you an update when I return.

We used our anniversary mugs from the All Stars in May and no
one said a word to us!! I noticed people filling mugs from the
All Stars from several years back and no one ever said anything
to them!! I say use them!!

My 25th Anniversary mugs are from the food court at the All Star Sports.

We were there that year, and I didn't realize the resorts had them as well. We only saw/bought them in the parks. Well, we saw them in the store as well, but the ones we saw, were not in the food court..and we were told they weren't refillable. Do yours actually say Allstars on them? Ours don't so that would be the difference :D I have been around when people have asked if the ones like ours (we keep those home) are refillable, and they have been told no. They refilled them anyway and no one has said anything that I noticed.

I noticed people filling mugs from the

One thing I think it's important to mention..it doesn't seem to matter what you fill at POR or AllStars..CM's never say anything. I think they have been told not to be confrontational. If someone wants to know, the "official" word at this time is "length of stay"...no matter what we have all been told. There is a sign up at the AllStars. I've only noticed it the past couple of years..but that's prob because of this board, that I looked.
When I bought mine, I was told they were good foRever at each resort I bought them from. I judge my useage from what I was told, I ask each and every visit, and go by the answer (I always ask to see the manager..each visit), and each person has to do for themselves what they feel is right for them.

Don't use them and leave them home. They are only good for your length of stay. There are signs at all the food courts. Just because other people use their old mugs and don't get caught dose'nt make it right. I go along with the other posters, go by your heart. You know what is right thing to do.

Have a great trip.

Scott

There are signs at all the food courts. Just because other people use their old mugs and don't get caught dose'nt make it right.

Actually we couldn't find the sign at POR this trip (and I looked all over the food court. and in front of where they sell the mugs..and as I touched a mug to look, I was told by the cashier that they were good for life..(and I just smiled at her, since I give up saying..really?)..they have a newer sign right at the drink center..and it doesn't mention how long the mugs are good for, just the price. I did see the sign at ALL Stars, however, and I do know what the official word is. However, if the mugs are still being sold, and cm's and food court managers are still saying they are good forever, it then becomes Dis's duty to enforce it, and tell the food court managers that they no longer want that to be an issue. It's not a matter of "being caught" like someone was doing somethig wrong. It's a matter of the individual food court managers, making a decision for their food courts, telling people how you may use the mugs in their food courts. This is not a life and death situation..you ask for yourself, and decide for yourself. Either way, I don't believe it makes for a "bad" person..just a person following what they have been told, over and over and over by Disney's employees.

Wow!! I don't think I could have said it better myself. When I asked the original question, I didn't realize what a can of worms I was opening. It has been four years since I have been, and five years since I bought the mugs (at the food court at All Star Sports). I know I was never questioned on the second trip with them. I don't remember what any of the signs said at that time. Anyway, thanks for all of the discussion. I plan to take the mugs and, if it is OK, I will use them. If not, I will buy more.

Almost single digits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Since we had been told twice(once we asked, once a CM offered the info) they are good for life, I emailed WDW when the question came up. The reply I got was the official(said sarcastically) thing is they are only good for the length of stay, however, the resorts have made up their own rules and if a guest has a mug, it will be refilled. Take that for what its worth. :D :confused:

Well I am sure that this is no suprise.....

But its this "what I can GET AWAY WITH" attitude that is responsible for Disney considering placing Bar codes on the mugs to control this blatent disregard for the rules.

25th anniversary mugs??? DONT USE THEM -- you outta be ashamed of yourself! -- You GOT your moneys worth out of them -- Spring for some new ones.

But its this "what I can GET AWAY WITH" attitude that is responsible for Disney considering placing Bar codes on the mugs to control this blatent disregard for the rules.

I don't feel I'm getting away with anything....did you read what I wrote? I have no attitude about it..however, I know what CM's and food court managers are saying...and if people don't see a sign (it's not near where you buy the mugs at AllStars..it's on the wall near the inside door to the pool..if you don't use that door you would not see it..the one by the door where you come in, is gone), or they were told differently when THEY bought, then why wouldn't they feel that they can continue to use them? There are a lot of rules in this world..even the US has rules, which states (do you know it's against the law in Indianna to ride a bus within 4 hours of eating somethign with garlic? Thank God the cities don't enforce that rule)and cities have modified for themselves (sort of like Dis has rules, and the food courts have modified them for themselves). Looks to me, like some of the Food Court managers have modified Disney's rules. Do you really think if Disney cared if we used the mugs, they wouldn't have done something about it? If (and that is a "if"), Disney has decided that after all these years, they want to make it length of stay by using a special machine, or sell stickers, then that will show me they have decided they can no longer control their CM's or food court managers and have taken a step to change what they have been telling people.
Do people really think they can change other people's minds about using a mug, once they have been told they can? Do people think if they insinuate that other people are cheating or cheapskates, that that will make them feel quilty, even thought a disney person said they could use them (as opposed to someone who posts on a board)? These are people who have been told (over and over ho hum) that it is fine to reuse the mugs. Why would they assume the cm's are not telling the truth?
Sorry..I guess it did once again turn into a debate.)

Quote:
25th anniversary mugs??? DONT USE THEM -- you outta be ashamed of yourself! -- You GOT your moneys worth out of them -- Spring for some new ones.

#1 - DON'T YELL!!!! IT'S NOT POLITE.
#2 - If you had read my last post, you would see that I stated that I would only use the mugs if it was OK. Otherwise, I will buy new ones.
#3 - If they are good forever, as many CM's have stated, the obviously I have not gotten my money's worth because forever isn't here yet.
#4 - I'm not ashamed of myself.

We plan on getting new ones, they make great souvenirs as well. Last year we used ours once for breakfast then put it in our backpack to refill with water at the parks and my husband left it at the Lion King Show...........AGH! We did not get our money worth on that one!

AllStarFan, Hi! I love this: " #3 - If they are good forever, as many CM's have stated, the obviously I have not gotten my money's worth because forever isn't here yet."

I agree. If a CM told you that, then you should drink up without feeling ashamed. Cheers!! ;)

Obviously this question has been answered.

The official word from Disney Management is that the mugs are good for the length of stay.

The word of mouth from the CMs is they are good forever.

You should each do what you think is ok and leave it at that.

This thread has run it's course. Say goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter