• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Refillable drink mugs at DLH?

Princess Tink

DVC Member
I have seen people taling about these at GC. Do they also have them at DLH? I'm going to be in great need of coffee first thing in the morning, staying at DLH for a couple days.

Also, does anyone know if the coffee is any good?

I guess the other option is to make some in the room....I know you can request a coffee pot at check-in. Does it come with coffee and filters? If so, is it any good?

Leaving tomorrow and this just dawned on me this morning as I was making myself a cup. I am a fairly new coffee drinker, but can't seem to get going w/o it now that I started!

TIA
Micaela

Hi!
I just found out from a friend of mine that at the Disneyland Hotel, there is a coffee shop where you can buy the mug for $7.00 and get free refills there the rest of your stay.

We are going in exactly one month and I was very excited she told me about this. I need my morning coffee too, and it's great to get a mug to just fill and go.

Have fun!
Dizneygirl pirate:

You can buy one at Whitewater snacks too, at the GC (near the pool). I believe they open at 7 am. I think the price is $7.95. It is perfect to get a quick cup in the morning and is close enough to the entrance to DCA to make a quick trip in for an afternoon soda. I think you can get coffee, hot chocolate, or any soda drink. Have fun on your trip! :sunny:

I know already without speaking to DH that we will be getting these! Can someone tell me what they look like? (ie. what size, color, any logo or wording on it?) Just curious... :)

Thanks.

Mom will be thrilled to know they have the refill mugs at DL :)

Will they fit in car cup holders? WDW has 2 styles one for the car holders and the other is a flat wide bottom style. Mom likes the wide bottom style and I prefer the cup holder version :teeth:

Thanks for any info I can pass on to Mom :)

Our cup is the one from the GC. It is the cupholder style and a bit small compared to the flat bottomed ones from WDW resorts. Ours is white with a deep green lid and the GC logo in green/gold/blue on the front. It is an image of a pine tree with a rectangle around it. The lid has a moveable piece that you can close off so it doesn't spill. We use ours all the time. When we asked if it was good for only one trip (like WDW), but they told us no, we could bring it back anytime. :cool1:

dizneygirl said:
Hi!
I just found out from a friend of mine that at the Disneyland Hotel, there is a coffee shop where you can buy the mug for $7.00 and get free refills there the rest of your stay.

We are going in exactly one month and I was very excited she told me about this. I need my morning coffee too, and it's great to get a mug to just fill and go.

Have fun!
Dizneygirl pirate:
Yes but it not open all day and the early morning the lines can be verrrrrry lone.

mickeyfan2 said:
Yes but it not open all day and the early morning the lines can be verrrrrry lone.

Which building is it in? e've never stayed at the DLH, but will be staying there for the first time next month. The refillabel mugs at WWS was so handy when we were staying at the GCH on our last trip that we'll probably pick up one at eth DLH. But where is it located and what is the name of the place? I've never wandered through the hotel, just Goofy's Kitchen.

The Coffee shop is to the right of Goofy's kitchen and to the left of the Marina (checkin) tower when you are standing the the court yard looking at Goofy's kitchen.

Thanks too!!! Mom is a collector of those things :coffee: So she will be thrilled to hear they have them at the resorts out there. She just enjoys having them to use at home, Disney Magic you know :)

Hi!
After at least 30 trips to Disney World we have decided it's time to plan our first ever trip to Disneyland! I'm very excited!! We're probably going to go May 31- June 8, 2007. I have been reading all the Disneyland posts here on the DIS. While reading I ran across the "Disney Dining Meal Plans" listed in the dining section. Have any of you purchased the plans? If so, is it a "good deal"? I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions.
Also, does anyone know if you can you add the meal plans to a package? I'll probably book our trip thru AAA so I was just wondering if you can add the dining plan like you can at Disney World. :scratchin
Thank you so much for any info you might have.

Carla

Have any of you purchased the plans? If so, is it a "good deal"? I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions.
Also, does anyone know if you can you add the meal plans to a package?

We have never purchased the dining plan on any of our trips. It doesn't save you any money at all. Depending on your meal plan, you get so many character meals and vouchers (in several denominations) that equal to your purchase price. If you're not careful with how you use the vouchers you may even lose money since you get no change back. Let's say your soda cost $4.56 and you give the cashier a $5 voucher. You don't get change so you're out $0.44. Most people who have gone the meal plan route like it for budgeting reasons. (You can prepay your meals before your trip, so you're not scrounging around for money at the last minute.) I believe you can only add the meal plan to a package, but I'm not sure. I don't think we'd personally ever do the meal plan since there is no "saving" to it. But if you're the type of person who has difficulty budgeting/saving or if you're not inclined to carry cash or use your credit card while on vacation, then this might be a good idea. Lot's of people actually like going the meal plan route.

I haven't been to Disneyland yet, but I did look into the meal plans when we were ordering our package. It seemed that the savings was going to be modest (15% at most), and the meal plan did not apply to all of the restaurants we might go to. I believe it applies to the resort restaurants, but not Downtown Disney restaurants. I can't remember if hotel restaurants were included or not. For more flexibility, we decided not to get the meal plan.

Thanks for your replies!!! This was supposed to be a new thread but because I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing I replied to this thread!!! I have submitted this question in a new thread so please just overlook me!! :blush:

Carla

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter