Refillable cups?

roobug

Mouseketeer
Have they worked out something for a refillable cup? We are going at the end of the month, and trying to figure out what to do for hydrating the children. We have always done refillable cups in the past, but with COVID I know they were not doing them. I'm sure it's unrealistic but I was hoping with the addition of the luau and losing of some restrictions they may add them again???

What do you do for drinks purchasing single drinks will get very expensive.

They didn't have them when we were there in December. For the refillable Popcorn buckets, they would just give us a new bag of popcorn when showing our bucket, didn't actually "refill" it. Not sure how they are handling the drinks.

There are a few threads where people say they were told by CMs that the refillable cups were gone for good at Aulani. I really hope they were wrong.

I second going to the store and buying drinks and snacks. You would go through a small fortune just buying drinks individually.

There are a few threads where people say they were told by CMs that the refillable cups were gone for good at Aulani. I really hope they were wrong.
I really hope they are wrong too - loved having the refillable cup, and other places are finding workarounds - hope they can too!

I would think that if they planned to keep refillable mugs, they’d have them. WDW didn’t get rid of them for Covid, they just have a CM work the fountains.

Anyone know if they actually scan your cups or you just hold it up and show them that you have one? I imagine that could lead to people bringing back cups from past stays.

Anyone know if they actually scan your cups or you just hold it up and show them that you have one? I imagine that could lead to people bringing back cups from past stays.
They do not have refillable cups anymore nor do they honor old ones. Covid being blamed but many reports from other sources say they are gone for good. Dont bother bringing from home.

They do not have refillable cups anymore nor do they honor old ones. Covid being blamed but many reports from other sources say they are gone for good. Dont bother bringing from home.

Doh, I was thinking WDW, not Aulani. I knew that. But I guess you can still bring your old cups and fill them up with your own drinks if you really wanted to.

Doh, I was thinking WDW, not Aulani. I knew that. But I guess you can still bring your old cups and fill them up with your own drinks if you really wanted to.
This was possible in the past. You're speaking in the current tense so just want to make sure it's clear that the soda machines are completely out of action right now (the ones that were outside Ulu Cafe, for example, don't appear to even be there any more from what I've seen on recent videos) and likely aren't coming back.

Edit: Interestingly I just checked the FAQs on the Aulani site and this still talks about refillable mugs. You'd think if they were going away permanently they would have removed this:

Q:
Where can I purchase and use Resort-refillable mugs at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa?

A:
You can purchase a Resort-refillable mug for $18.99 plus tax* at either Lava Shack or Kālepa's Store. Throughout your stay at Aulani Resort, enjoy refills of non-alcoholic beverages, available at the following refillable mug stations:
  • Ulu Cafe: Offering fountain beverages, coffee, tea and cocoa from 6:30 AM to 8:30 PM
  • Lava Shack: Offering fountain beverages from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
  • One Paddle Two Paddle: Offering fountain beverages from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM

PS: What the heck is 'One Paddle Two Paddle'?

Last edited:
This was possible in the past. You're speaking in the current tense so just want to make sure it's clear that the soda machines are completely out of action right now (the ones that were outside Ulu Cafe, for example, don't appear to even be there any more from what I've seen on recent videos) and likely aren't coming back.

Edit: Interestingly I just checked the FAQs on the Aulani site and this still talks about refillable mugs. You'd think if they were going away permanently they would have removed this:

PS: What the heck is 'One Paddle Two Paddle'?

That is the gift shop by the pool. It also had the soda fountain there. It is across from where you can get the shave ice.

That is the gift shop by the pool. It also had the soda fountain there. It is across from where you can get the shave ice.
That’s the Lava Shack. Did a quick Google, looks like One Paddle Two Paddle was a quick service outlet that’s no longer there. It must have been where the other soda fountain by Ama Ama is now. In which case this FAQ is super out of date!

You are correct, @SteveNZ. We only ever saw One Paddle Two Paddle in operation on our very first trip to Aulani, and the couple of times we went we were the only guests there. It's in an odd location, and Disney did nothing to highlight it was there. I think when they blew out that ground floor grand villa to put in a more substantial F&B location, One Paddle Two Paddle turned into a soda station.

Does that include coffee? One of our Aulani traditions is me wandering down, sleepy-eyed, first thing in the morning to fill up my wife's and my mugs with that delicious Hawaiian blend coffee and bring them back to enjoy in our room...

In one of the other groups I belong to, someone is reporting that refillable cups are now available. The cups are supposed to cost $20.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter