Referral Question

Meliechick

Mouseketeer
When DVC members refer someone to DVC and that person that takes the DVC tour do they get anything for taking the tour? I know because of the state that I live in that I can't receive anything but I didn't know if the person touring gets anything.

I think when we took the tour (4 yrs ago) it was 2 meal vouchers. Has it changed?

No one gets anything for someone taking the tour....only if they buy. We have referred many who have purchased, but we live in a non-referral state, so we got a nice thank you letter each time.

I took the tour in January 05 and I got 4 meal vouchers. I did not buy at that time. I think it depends on your guide my guide is good friends with family members of mine. Maybe thats why he gave them to me who knows?

My brother and his family took the tour in Sept 05 (we went with them) and they gave him meal vouchers for all 8 of us. Perhaps they have stopped doing this? We didn't know the guide, he was randomly assigned as ours was off that day.

Terry

I thought the OP was asking if the refering person got anything. Of course those who take the tour get something. Sometimes it's non-expiring fastpasses, sometimes, its dinner vouchers, sometimes its nothing more than an ice cream sundae. I think the OP wanted to know what the person who gave the referal gets. If you don't live in a state like ours, you will get something like a $200 voucher from DVC for refering new members. It can be given in Disney dollars, or you can apply it toward your dues.

If you do not get a referal fee, it is because of the laws in your state. To find out if your state is a referal state with FL, you can call your state's Real Estate Commission and ask. I am sure they will be glad you call.

We took the tour last May & got a $50.00 Disney gift card.

The guide handed it to us as soon as we were finished.

We gave them the name of our DVC friends who referred us, but I don't think they got anything until we joined.

When I was there in March, my mom was with us. My guide left me a message asking if I'd like to see the AKV models, and to call the DVC rep at our resort (BWV) if we did.

When I called the rep, they set up a pickup time, and told me to come pick up my two pins (one for me, one for my mom). The also said we'd get a gift certificate at the tour. I figured that was only if Mom bought.

We met with my guide, spent about 5 minutes chatting about how I'd been spending my points. He pulled out the info on AKV, then we headed over to see the models. We spent about 15-20 minutes touring (I took lots of pics), then back to the ice cream shop.

My guide handed me an envelope with two $50 disney dollar certificates. I completely didn't expect it. They also took a free picture of us, and we got our ice cream. While we were waiting on the van, my guide came out with 3 of the fastpass vouchers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter