Reducing the number of guests

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
I made all of our reservations 180 days out for 8 people. However now my in-laws are thinking they may not come. If they don't come i will need to reduce the number of people to 6. If I can get other reservations (around the same times) i will do it, however for Chef Mickey and BOG if i can't get reservations is it ok to show up with only 6? Should i call and try to reduce the people? I don't want other people to miss out because of me, however I don't want to miss out because my in-laws changed their plans either.

Just a heads up if people don't show up/you cancel the day of they are now charging ten dollars per person fee. We were told this when we called Disney dining and made reservations.

I made all of our reservations 180 days out for 8 people. However now my in-laws are thinking they may not come. If they don't come i will need to reduce the number of people to 6. If I can get other reservations (around the same times) i will do it, however for Chef Mickey and BOG if i can't get reservations is it ok to show up with only 6? Should i call and try to reduce the people? I don't want other people to miss out because of me, however I don't want to miss out because my in-laws changed their plans either.

Just a heads up if people don't show up/you cancel the day of they are now charging ten dollars per person fee. We were told this when we called Disney dining and made reservations.

As long as at least one person in the party shows up, there will be no charge for those who do not come.

My Disney Travel Group is usually pretty large. 7-14 people, depending on the trip.

I'm in charge of booking reservations for the whole group, and coordinate based upon the information provided to me by the families involved. Occasionally some will back out or make different plans. When they do that, I call Disney Dining (Before the 24 hour cancellation period) and adjust my reservation down to the revised number.

I've never had a problem adjusting the number down. I've also never tried it using the app.

As long as at least one person in the party shows up, there will be no charge for those who do not come.
Yes, exactly. You won't be charged.

Calling to reduce your party size would simply be a courtesy, which could possibly help others out.

Thank you! I will try to reduce the party size if they end up not coming, I am only going to try by calling, the website is so screwy sometimes I don't want to lose reservations all together.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter