Reduced time for visiting the US.

vernon

DIS Veteran
While it seems there would still be "special extended visa's" it seems the US immigration department is still pushing forward to reduce the "standard" time visitors would be allowed to stay in the US. I think the pressure from the tourism industry will eventually defeat this plan as it is , IMHO illthought and unlikely to effect any concerted attempted by terrorists to access the US.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...n20.story?coll=orl-business-headlines-tourism

I do wonder who thinks these proposals up sometimes, surely anyone meaning to do harm is only interested in getting into the country, once their in they are hardly likely to be worried about their visa status.

I along with many other villa owners have been following this proposal for some time and have been involved in an email campaign against it.
From my understanding it will not affect the tourist visa waiver program which will still allow people in for 90 days but will effect those on B1/2 tourist /business visa's which normally have a 6 month admittance policy.
This will effect many UK villa owners who like to "winter" in Florida and will have an adverse effect on many (me included) with plans to semi retire to Florida if it will involve uncertainty over there ability to stay in their villas when they arrive at immigration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter