Redo Voodoo - Instead of June 2020, planning for June 2021

I'm bringing disposables but after my experience with them last summer in hot & muggy NYC I really think a good moisture-wicking mask will do better, especially since I wear glasses and the fogging struggle is real. I got a couple of packs of Athleta's Everyday masks and have been wearing them when I'm out and about at home to see how they feel, and they're by far my favorite cloth masks. They are still triple layer but very lightweight and breathable, and are adjustable for a much better fit. I get no fogging with them. I'm actually going to buy a couple more packs.
I was there last weekend and they were selling the 5 pack for $10. I'm going back to buy a few more packs.

Getting my two teens vaccinated today with their first shot. So glad that they will be fully protected before we travel it takes a lot of stress off my shoulders

That's great!
Unfortunately, we're about 3 weeks out right now, so the 2nd dose would be while at WDW. I'm considering getting dose 1 (for 50%-ish effectiveness) before we go, and then 2nd dose when we return. I'll have to do some research to see if that's a good idea.

We’re headed down mid June and I’m starting to get nervous about masks. What types of masks are you guys bringing? I’ll have a bunch of disposable ones, but want to bring some reusable, as well, to see what feels least awful in the heat. The reusable ones I have are pretty thick.

I have enough disposable ones to switch out every two hours or so, and I don’t mind bringing a lot of reusable ones and switching those out, too.
Last August my eldest DD and I did best with disposables. Honestly, after a while, I forgot it was there but I'm also used to the high humidity where I live (DC/VA). DH and my younger DD (a teen) wore the Disney cloth masks (I don't know how they did it, lol, the newer ones are so much better). We brought lots of extras!

I think bringing a combination of different types is a great strategy.

Last August my eldest DD and I did best with disposables. Honestly, after a while, I forgot it was there but I'm also used to the high humidity where I live (DC/VA). DH and my younger DD (a teen) wore the Disney cloth masks (I don't know how they did it, lol, the newer ones are so much better). We brought lots of extras!

I think bringing a combination of different types is a great strategy.

I second this! Have a variety of masks available. Different masks feel better in different conditions.

Thanks, all, on the masks. I bought some of the athleta ones, and a few others on Etsy.

I need to get some Athleta ones to try! On our first return trip in June we had disposable ones and realized we cannot do those in the Florida heat. Since then I do the Disney masks both at home and in Florida and do fine with them; DH prefers thinner black ones they give him at work and one DS still likes the disposables. It does all depend on the person but with the disposables I think you definitely need to bring extras along because once they get sweaty....😝

That's great!
Unfortunately, we're about 3 weeks out right now, so the 2nd dose would be while at WDW. I'm considering getting dose 1 (for 50%-ish effectiveness) before we go, and then 2nd dose when we return. I'll have to do some research to see if that's a good idea.

Talk to your pharmacist about it. My guess is that it's OK. I got my first dose this winter. A few days before I was due for my second dose, the pharmacy called me. There was a snowstorm, and a bunch of people canceled their appointments. They had doses that were going to be wasted, and they wanted me to come in for my second shot. I told them I wasn't due yet. This was Moderna, but they said it was OK to get my second shot up to 4 days early, and they said it's also OK to get it something like 2 weeks late. I didn't pay as much attention to what they said about being late because it didn't impact me at the time. Anyway, I drove through the snow to get my shot! So I'm guessing if you talk to your pharmacist and let them know you'd be a few days or a week late for your second shot, they'll probably tell you if that's OK or not.

I saw that with this age group they have almost zero covid cases 7 days after the first shot. So it may be worth it to get the first shot and then delay the second shot until after you're back.

Adding myself to this group since our trip is end of May/early June...glad its not as many pages to catch up with as the May 2021 group.:surfweb:

Leaving in 15 days and I am so ready! Spring fever/summer fever/disney fever has hit and I need to get Home!

Staying at Pop with a crew and ready to pack all the things this weekend.party:

Adding myself to this group since our trip is end of May/early June...glad its not as many pages to catch up with as the May 2021 group.:surfweb:

Leaving in 15 days and I am so ready! Spring fever/summer fever/disney fever has hit and I need to get Home!

Nice, we go down on the same day! How long is your trip?

Hello all! We are paid, planned and almost packed! We will be at BC starting June 16th! Our past two stays we have gone to the CSR and we were originally booked there for the new tower! ( We were there in 2019 and saw many finishing touches being done, so cool!) BUT of course my endless stalking of the Disney site found a GREAT deal for Beach Club a few months ago so we switched!

We are slowly forming a bigger attachment to Disneyworld (we are usually Disneyland people because we live in Texas and its closer) BUT I just love the huge bubble that is Disneyworld.

We got everything we wanted minus Sci - Fi =( But I will keep on checking and hopefully will be able to snag one! I enjoy reading everyone's plans!

Hello All! I had to search out this thread once I saw an "Official JULY" thread and I KNEW that there had to be more of us going in June...lol! We are going June 6th until June 11th and staying at BWV. Just like everyone else we were due to go last year. It was supposed to be a bucket list trip (staying at Poly) that I started saving for in 2018, booked in 2019 for 2020 and then moved THAT ressie around multi times last year hoping to still make it happen. We have never stayed Deluxe before and since the Poly was in Reno at the time of moving my booking we went with the EPCOT area for a shorter timeframe so we could walk to the 2 parks (not knowing what would be going on this June).

We have all been vaccinated since March (1st shot) & April (2nd shot) and I keep going to the WDW Mask policy info almost daily hoping to see "no masks" as all. But for now I will totally take the fact of not needing to wear them while walking around outside.

We have been to WDW in 2012 and 2016. DH is NOT a WDW fan due to crowds and how crazy I get prior with trying to get everything all planned out (like ADR's in advance, he is even giving me push back on the mobile ordering at 10:30 for a noon lunch, just so we can eat at a normal time, lol) so THIS trip I have vowed to make it a more casual one so "maybe" when I get the hankering to visit again he will think "that last trip wasn't that bad"! So I am surprising him and DS with a 1 bedroom villa, a balcony to eat breakfast on or sip coffee at night, no rope drop and ONLY ressie I made was for the one place at BW (Big River Grill) on our EPCOT day knowing we can walk back to the resort. We have park hopper and photo pass (again...booked it all of it in 2019) those are extra perks to use since we haven't done either before.

DS is excited to meet his GF in "person" since starting to date her over 1 1/2 years ago (we live in WV and she is in FL). Her parents have hung this one park day "meeting" over her head all school year (so I am told) and she pulled out all straight A's so far...so it sounds like DS will be happy too! Anyways, I mainly wanted to give a quick intro and HELLO! I'm SURE everyone on here is as excited as my family that "This is finally a happening"!

I just added you to the list! Woo Hoo June is almost here!

Hello all! We are paid, planned and almost packed! We will be at BC starting June 16th! Our past two stays we have gone to the CSR and we were originally booked there for the new tower! ( We were there in 2019 and saw many finishing touches being done, so cool!) BUT of course my endless stalking of the Disney site found a GREAT deal for Beach Club a few months ago so we switched!

We are slowly forming a bigger attachment to Disneyworld (we are usually Disneyland people because we live in Texas and its closer) BUT I just love the huge bubble that is Disneyworld.

We got everything we wanted minus Sci - Fi =( But I will keep on checking and hopefully will be able to snag one! I enjoy reading everyone's plans!

It sounds like you have been able to get most of what you wanted scheduled in a short time. The Beach Club looks like a great resort! Have fun!

Hello All! I had to search out this thread once I saw an "Official JULY" thread and I KNEW that there had to be more of us going in June...lol! We are going June 6th until June 11th and staying at BWV. Just like everyone else we were due to go last year. It was supposed to be a bucket list trip (staying at Poly) that I started saving for in 2018, booked in 2019 for 2020 and then moved THAT ressie around multi times last year hoping to still make it happen. We have never stayed Deluxe before and since the Poly was in Reno at the time of moving my booking we went with the EPCOT area for a shorter timeframe so we could walk to the 2 parks (not knowing what would be going on this June).

We have all been vaccinated since March (1st shot) & April (2nd shot) and I keep going to the WDW Mask policy info almost daily hoping to see "no masks" as all. But for now I will totally take the fact of not needing to wear them while walking around outside.

We have been to WDW in 2012 and 2016. DH is NOT a WDW fan due to crowds and how crazy I get prior with trying to get everything all planned out (like ADR's in advance, he is even giving me push back on the mobile ordering at 10:30 for a noon lunch, just so we can eat at a normal time, lol) so THIS trip I have vowed to make it a more casual one so "maybe" when I get the hankering to visit again he will think "that last trip wasn't that bad"! So I am surprising him and DS with a 1 bedroom villa, a balcony to eat breakfast on or sip coffee at night, no rope drop and ONLY ressie I made was for the one place at BW (Big River Grill) on our EPCOT day knowing we can walk back to the resort. We have park hopper and photo pass (again...booked it all of it in 2019) those are extra perks to use since we haven't done either before.

DS is excited to meet his GF in "person" since starting to date her over 1 1/2 years ago (we live in WV and she is in FL). Her parents have hung this one park day "meeting" over her head all school year (so I am told) and she pulled out all straight A's so far...so it sounds like DS will be happy too! Anyways, I mainly wanted to give a quick intro and HELLO! I'm SURE everyone on here is as excited as my family that "This is finally a happening"!

Happy you were able to make this trip happen this year! It sounds like you have been waiting a long time to go back, since 2016. Here is some pixie dust, your DH will find the trip fun and want to go back again.

Last edited:
Hello! DH and I booked a short last-minute trip from 17-21! It's really more of a Universal trip since went to Disney in Nov 2019 and we're planning on a Disney trip for next year. Side note, we did the MVMCP for the first time during our 2019 trip and in hindsight I'm SO glad we did it before the pandemic hit. Anyways, since we're also planning to go sometime during the 50th celebration, this time we decided to stay at the Universal resorts for the first time. BUT we are spending a day in HS because what's a trip to Orlando without some Disney! :rotfl:

This will be my first actual trip since covid started. I was feeling so burnt out and am super glad we got to squeeze in this trip. When I was looking at park reservations before buying tickets only Epcot showed as available so there was a little panicking going on but after I actually bought the tickets and went to do the park reservations, all the parks were available! We haven't been on RoR or Runaway railway, so I am very excited for those! I know it's very possible that we may not get to do RoR this time but I'll just be happy to be in the parks :cool1:

32 more days until our relaxation trip… no parks will be a little weird, but we are looking forward to lots of pool time! Here’s what we’re planning:

6/27 - arrive at SSR around 2; explore the resort/pool time; DS for dinner at Wolfgang Puck and some wandering/shopping

6/28 - sleep in a bit and then Uber to brunch at Grand Floridian Cafe; monorail resort hopping; catch an MK bus back to SSR for some pool time; DS for a quick service dinner (we are thinking Polite Pig) and lounge hopping

6/29 - sleep in a bit; pool time and QS lunch at SSR; Uber to the Boardwalk for dinner at Trattoria al Forno and lounge hopping (definitely want to check out Abracadabar!)

6/30 - pack up in AM and then DS for lunch at Homecomin’ and last minute shopping; catch DME around 2:45

Last edited:
32 more days until our relaxation trip… no parks will be a little weird, but we are looking forward to lots of pool time! Here’s what we’re planning:

6/27 - arrive at SSR around 2; explore the resort/pool time; DS for dinner at Wolfgang Puck and some wandering/shopping

6/28 - sleep in a bit and then Uber to brunch at Grand Floridian Cafe; monorail resort hopping; catch an MK bus back to SSR for some pool time; DS for a quick service dinner (we are thinking Polite Pig) and lounge hopping

6/29 - sleep in a bit; pool time and QS lunch at SSR; Uber to the Boardwalk for dinner at Trattoria al Forno and lounge hopping (definitely want to check out Abracabar!)

6/30 - pack up in AM and then DS for lunch at Homecomin’ and last minute shopping; catch DME around 2:45
Sounds lovely.

We leave in 6 days, and we all have been in vacation mode since my daughter's graduation on Saturday. The girls and I have started putting our clothes in our suitcases (DH will probably wait until the weekend), and we just did a Target run to hopefully get the rest of the things we will need, however I am guessing it won't be our last :rotfl:. We are all excited for our trip, however, we have been looking at the projected weather when we are there and boy will it be hot. We will definitely be doing breaks during the day so we can relax in the pool or take a midday nap :goodvibes. .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter