Redo Voodoo - Instead of June 2020, planning for June 2021

Hey June friends! Our trips are NEXT MONTH. I am still obsessively checking the news because I would love my two teens to be able to be vaccinated before we go. But I am super happy with our plans for Disney as they stand right now. I bought a backpack off amazon for the kids to use to carry their droids. I am going to take it to the dry cleaners to get some Star Wars patches sewn on (I am NOT crafty). How is your planning going?

Hey June friends! Our trips are NEXT MONTH. I am still obsessively checking the news because I would love my two teens to be able to be vaccinated before we go. But I am super happy with our plans for Disney as they stand right now. I bought a backpack off amazon for the kids to use to carry their droids. I am going to take it to the dry cleaners to get some Star Wars patches sewn on (I am NOT crafty). How is your planning going?

I feel like the ONLY planning I've done is getting a reservation (or two) at Narcoossee's for my parents 50th anniversary... and working with the Grand Floridian team to have a custom cake!

I mean, sure, we have park reservations and our hotel.... but I feel like that's all I've done! We've been dealing with some cat health issues that have eaten up my emotional energy and, wouldn't you know, the expenses for that are going to hit in the same credit card cycle as the final payment for our package. What can you do?

It's hard to believe it's next month! We booked the day 2021 opened and wow, it's been such a year.

I’m technically this month, 27 days out so I’ve been in the throes of Amazon shopping and getting my stuff together. My latest score is a compact UV umbrella to do double duty, keep the sun/rain off me and enforce social distancing in queues lol. I got the idea in another thread.

Still on the lookout for a fanny pack for the day I go to build my droid though, since the clear backpack I got from Kohl’s for it will mean I can’t use my sling or Loungefly. I am trying out a couple of new water bottles and would ideally like one that could hold one of them.

I’m technically this month, 27 days out so I’ve been in the throes of Amazon shopping and getting my stuff together. My latest score is a compact UV umbrella to do double duty, keep the sun/rain off me and enforce social distancing in queues lol. I got the idea in another thread.
Can you link your umbrella?

Thanks, I ordered one, too! Mostly to use so people keep social distance! Disney allows people to bring in umbrellas, right?

No problem. Disney allows umbrellas! I am not a poncho sort of gal, instead I always bring a packable Columbia rain jacket with an old tiny travel umbrella, but it doesn’t have UV protection so that’s why I bought this other one. With all these extended queues snaking outdoors I really wanted some sun protection, because I remember getting heat sick one time a couple years ago when the FP+ line for Spaceship Earth was backed up and I was stuck in that part in the direct sun too long. Just don’t want to take any chances.

No problem. Disney allows umbrellas! I am not a poncho sort of gal, instead I always bring a packable Columbia rain jacket with an old tiny travel umbrella, but it doesn’t have UV protection so that’s why I bought this other one. With all these extended queues snaking outdoors I really wanted some sun protection, because I remember getting heat sick one time a couple years ago when the FP+ line for Spaceship Earth was backed up and I was stuck in that part in the direct sun too long. Just don’t want to take any chances.

That's smart! I'm sensitive to the heat, so this sounds like the perfect way to solve two problems! I also have items like cooling hats, cooling towels, and a misting fan that I bought for our August 2019 trip. They worked well!

That's smart! I'm sensitive to the heat, so this sounds like the perfect way to solve two problems! I also have items like cooling hats, cooling towels, and a misting fan that I bought for our August 2019 trip. They worked well!

Funny enough I went in August 2019 too, and that was when I got sick. I had a little misting fan and towels but extended time in the direct sun was just too much (crazy, considering I lived in the Phoenix area for almost 3 years without incident!). This time I got a neck fan and a non-misting handheld though, trying to stay away from the misting ones because of the masks.

Funny enough I went in August 2019 too, and that was when I got sick. I had a little misting fan and towels but extended time in the direct sun was just too much (crazy, considering I lived in the Phoenix area for almost 3 years without incident!). This time I got a neck fan and a non-misting handheld though, trying to stay away from the misting ones because of the masks.

That's a good point. Maybe I should save space in my bag and not even bring the misting fan. I didn't think about how we won't be able to spray our faces! I bet the shade from the umbrella, the cooling towels & hats, and the faster moving lines will help! I'm also crossing my fingers for good weather in June. Orlando is forecast to have 96 degree temps today... that makes me nervous for next month!

I did book Cape May breakfast for us for next month; we used to like it so I figured why not? We usually end up changing our dining so there's a 50/50 chance we'll cancel but after all our post-COVID trips is always nice to have a "new" place to eat again!

Seeing some park reservation availability for resort guests at DHS June 23-27 in case anyone's looking!

Edited; Looks like theme park tickets bucket as well. Some days that were gray are now yellow in both May and June if I'm remembering correctly.

I did book Cape May breakfast for us for next month; we used to like it so I figured why not? We usually end up changing our dining so there's a 50/50 chance we'll cancel but after all our post-COVID trips is always nice to have a "new" place to eat again!

I booked one also. I was wanting a breakfast on my pool day and could not manage anywhere else in the area so it was a nice surprise when it became available.

I booked one also. I was wanting a breakfast on my pool day and could not manage anywhere else in the area so it was a nice surprise when it became available.
Cool! I will say we love breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno as well; we've eaten there I think 6x post-COVID so far. We'd eat there again next month except we want a change lol!

We’re headed down mid June and I’m starting to get nervous about masks. What types of masks are you guys bringing? I’ll have a bunch of disposable ones, but want to bring some reusable, as well, to see what feels least awful in the heat. The reusable ones I have are pretty thick.

I have enough disposable ones to switch out every two hours or so, and I don’t mind bringing a lot of reusable ones and switching those out, too.

Cool! I will say we love breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno as well; we've eaten there I think 6x post-COVID so far. We'd eat there again next month except we want a change lol!

I was at a huge disadvantage on my ADR day because of how the system is handling split stays, I ended up having 2 ADR days and YC is the second part of my trip so I had a hard time getting anything. I really want to do the character breakfast at Trattoria though (we had it booked for our doomed May trip last year) so am not too distraught that I missed out on it this time. Hopefully it'll be back by our October trip.

We’re headed down mid June and I’m starting to get nervous about masks. What types of masks are you guys bringing? I’ll have a bunch of disposable ones, but want to bring some reusable, as well, to see what feels least awful in the heat. The reusable ones I have are pretty thick.

I have enough disposable ones to switch out every two hours or so, and I don’t mind bringing a lot of reusable ones and switching those out, too.

I'm bringing disposables but after my experience with them last summer in hot & muggy NYC I really think a good moisture-wicking mask will do better, especially since I wear glasses and the fogging struggle is real. I got a couple of packs of Athleta's Everyday masks and have been wearing them when I'm out and about at home to see how they feel, and they're by far my favorite cloth masks. They are still triple layer but very lightweight and breathable, and are adjustable for a much better fit. I get no fogging with them. I'm actually going to buy a couple more packs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter