Redo Voodoo - Instead of June 2020, planning for June 2021

Well, we booked our airfare, so I guess it's on! Then once we booked our airfare, my parents did... and then when I told my brother, he planned the road trip for his family and booked their hotels for the way down.

It's going to be interesting and different, but we haven't seen each other in nearly a year so it's time.

A trip definitely becomes real when you book the plane tickets! Sounds like it is going to be a great time to get together with family members you haven't seen in awhile and create some happy memories. I have always wanted to plan a WDW vacation with my siblings and their families but it has never become a reality. My older brother died recently and so I encourage others to find the time and modify plans if you need to so that you can spend time with family members before they are gone. We had lots of great family trips together when I was growing up, and even beach vacations together once we were all grown but we never did get to WDW to enjoy it together.

A trip definitely becomes real when you book the plane tickets! Sounds like it is going to be a great time to get together with family members you haven't seen in awhile and create some happy memories. I have always wanted to plan a WDW vacation with my siblings and their families but it has never become a reality. My older brother died recently and so I encourage others to find the time and modify plans if you need to so that you can spend time with family members before they are gone. We had lots of great family trips together when I was growing up, and even beach vacations together once we were all grown but we never did get to WDW to enjoy it together.

This trip is to celebrate my parents 50th, so it's definitely extra-special! We went and stayed at CBR for their 40th - hard to believe that was 10 years ago!

We are in for June. Heading down 19-27. Currently have a split stay Riviera and Beach Club. Rescheduled from spring break because DH wasn't quite comfortable yet to go to Disney

This trip is to celebrate my parents 50th, so it's definitely extra-special! We went and stayed at CBR for their 40th - hard to believe that was 10 years ago!
What a great way to celebrate an anniversary! 50 years is a fantastic achievement!

Please add us as well. Me, DW, DS19 and DS10 June 5th-12th at Old Key West.
Welcome to our planning thread!

We are in for June. Heading down 19-27. Currently have a split stay Riviera and Beach Club. Rescheduled from spring break because DH wasn't quite comfortable yet to go to Disney

Welcome! Glad you found our thread!

Ok since I had our spring break trip so well planned out, I decided to try to replan our June trip. Tell me what you think.

Ok since I had our spring break trip so well planned out, I decided to try to replan our June trip. Tell me what you think.
View attachment 558523
I'm sure you will keep an eye on park hours-these are bound to get extended for summer. Animal Kingdom will almost certainly open at 8 and Hollywood Studios at 9, Epcot will stay open past 7, and Magic Kingdom most likely will stay open past 6. It's also going to be hard to book Sci Fi and Oga's at 60+2.

We booked today, May 31-June 6th at Beach Club! We were supposed to go to DLP and on a DC through the Mediterranean last summer that got cancelled. I was also supposed to take my son for his 10th birthday in February but I have Lupus and wasn’t vaccinated. I’ve already promised to take him for his 11th birthday next year! I should be vaccinated by May, so DW here we come! It will be my mom and dad, my husband, myself and my two children 10 and 8. We haven’t been since August 2019, so we are very excited! How crowded do we think it will be that first week? This is my first time going with Lupus, and I’m hoping my body handles it ok!

Hi everyone, popping in here to say hello! My gf and I were supposed to go at the beginning of last May, but moved the trip to the end of this May because it’s a milestone birthday year for us both and mine falls around Memorial Day. Sadly she lives in Toronto and will not be able to join me due to the border situation so our 2 week adventure is now an 8 day solo trip for me. May 28-31 at GF and 5/31-6/4 at YC! My first time at both resorts though I stayed at BC on my final pre-Covid trip and loved it.

Even though I’m sad my gf can’t join me, I have not been anywhere besides work and the store/takeout joints since all this started and I am desperate for a vacation. I was fully vaccinated last month and can’t wait.

Going solo June 6-12, staying at ASMovies. It will be 3-4 weeks after I'm fully vaccinated. I was supposed to go to Tokyo Disney Resort in April 2020, but WDW will have to do for now. Haven't been in over 3 years, so I'm very excited!

We should be able to book dining soon! How is the group doing on planning? I managed to change my resort to 100% Riviera but we are still split stay between 1br standard and preferred. I really wish it was one category it is going to make dining reservations harder.

Jambo! My family ( 2 adults + 14yo + 12yo) is going May 31 - June 8. Our first 5 nights are in a Boardwalk Studio, and we finish up with 4 nights at a Kidani Savannah 1 Bedroom (shhh-- don't tell the kids!).

We are a bit worried about crowds (of course), but we're DVC members, so we can be happy just soaking up ambiance, even if lines are prohibitively long. We have been working on our dining reservation ideas, and our plan is 2 days at MK, 2 at HS, 1 at AK, and 1 at the construction zone formerly known as Epcot (which was formerly known as EPCOT Center. :)).

We did a trip back in October 2020, and it was... different. There were some covid changes that we actually liked (distanced seating in restaurants led to our best ever meal in Mexico, and distanced queues meant FEWER children crashing into us while waiting in line). The main attraction of putting up with all the covid restrictions, though, was lower crowds. Overall, we had a great time (especially with the 30% off merch DVC discount, at the time).

My big question for June is whether the increased crowds will offset the benefits of visiting during a pandemic. We shall see! If the parks get too crazy, we have the newly-non-scary-clown pool at BW or a savannah full of animals at AKL.

Celebrating my 50th! Going Solo 20th-27th but meeting up with family here and there. I am doing a split stay GF and YC. First stays at both. I have a few concerns, but overall, I think I will be good. This is my first solo trip to WDW, and it is a long one. It's also my first visit since the pandemic. I'm an Italian gal, and sweat a lot. So, mask fatigue is my biggest concern. I hear the disposable ones are best for this type of trip. My other concern that is related to my first, is crowd size. Most schools will be out of session the week I am staying. So, I am not looking forward to the long lines. But, with my long stay, I plan on taking it easy. Lot's of resort and break times. I think ROTR is the only ride that I haven't been on yet. And, I am not going to worry if it doesn't happen this time. It is going to be a great trip.

We should be able to book dining soon! How is the group doing on planning? I managed to change my resort to 100% Riviera but we are still split stay between 1br standard and preferred. I really wish it was one category it is going to make dining reservations harder.

I ended up changing my dates to 5/29 - 6/5, but still split between GF and YC. It was the only way I could keep TPV at GF...silly I know, but my birthday is the 30th and I just wanted to wake up that morning and see the castle from the GF. I have wanted to stay there since it opened when I was a kid and I called it the “Princess hotel”. The only bad thing is there’s no discount availability at all for Water View at the YC for my last night there so I will have to pay rack rate that one night. My TA is still on the hunt though.

If you haven't made your park reservations for June, I don't think I would wait long. Multiple June dates are starting to turn yellow for DHS at least!

I ran into this problem today. I had everything set once my dates finally cemented a couple of weeks ago, but forgot to book HS as a “just in case” on the day I have set for pool/resort time at YC. (Really for another chance at Rise) Sure enough it was booked up for resort guests, but since there was AP availability I called the Passholder line and they were able to book it for me over the phone. If anyone has an AP that is at least an option.

Celebrating my 50th! Going Solo 20th-27th but meeting up with family here and there. I am doing a split stay GF and YC. First stays at both. I have a few concerns, but overall, I think I will be good. This is my first solo trip to WDW, and it is a long one. It's also my first visit since the pandemic. I'm an Italian gal, and sweat a lot. So, mask fatigue is my biggest concern. I hear the disposable ones are best for this type of trip. My other concern that is related to my first, is crowd size. Most schools will be out of session the week I am staying. So, I am not looking forward to the long lines. But, with my long stay, I plan on taking it easy. Lot's of resort and break times. I think ROTR is the only ride that I haven't been on yet. And, I am not going to worry if it doesn't happen this time. It is going to be a great trip.

Hi from the GF thread! I’m doing the same split for my 40th, just at the start of the month. I have been solo a couple of times now and it’s a real treat, you will love it. Haven’t been yet during Covid but nothing beats CMs asking “any single riders? party of 1?” and leaping up to jump past 20 people in line lol. It’s also just really fun to enjoy the parks at your own pace, rest when you want to without feeling like a drag on others, riding something over and over if you feel like it, do what you want on a whim, etc. I enjoy my trips with my gf but solo is fantastic and just as fun.

NYC can get almost FL levels of bad in late July/August and from experience last year, disposable masks are much more comfortable in heat/humidity. The only problem is they get real sweaty after a while and frequent changing is necessary. I have heard good things about the Athleta everyday masks though, because they are moisture wicking. I plan to get a couple of those and try them out along with the disposables. I think the best thing is to bring a mix of masks and see what works best.

My little family is scheduled to be at Copper Creek June 19-26 (2 studio nights and then upgrading to a 1br). We had a wonderful trip at Kidani at Thanksgiving and are so very ready to go back Home! We had a 1 night stay at Boulder Ridge in September 2018 so are very much looking forward to an extended stay at Wilderness Lodge!! I haven’t been to Disney in the summer in several years so I’m not looking forward to the heat but we will make the best of it!

So I came home from work yesterday and my husband asked me if I wanted to add a day on to our trip, no special reasoning just wanted to do it.....Ummmm YEA!!!!! So we will now be in WDW from June 1st - June 12th. Staying at AKL Kidani from June 1 to June 7th and then moving over the BWV from June 7th to June 12th. Plus I just found out my sister, niece, and nephew will be staying at BC during our latter part of the trip, so now my sister and I are planning a few things for us all to do together. We cannot wait!!

The only problem is they get real sweaty after a while and frequent changing is necessary. I have heard good things about the Athleta everyday masks though, because they are moisture wicking. I plan to get a couple of those and try them out along with the disposables. I think the best thing is to bring a mix of masks and see what works best.

Thanks for the advice on Athleta. I will check it out. I had planned on bringing a bunch of disposables. But, I like the idea of bringing a few types.

Happy Birthday! I am also going to celebrate my 50th, as well as our anniversary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter