Redo Voodoo - Instead of June 2020, planning for June 2021

Just found this thread and excited for our June 2021 trip! This is our first trip as DVC members and can't wait to be back on property enjoying the magic! Things still may be different than our past trips but we don't care! After the long year we have had and no breaks from work (child care provider who has worked every day of this craziness) I am looking forward to just relaxing! Right now we are scheduled June 12-17 at VGF in a 1 bedroom then switch over to AKL-Kidani to a 1 bedroom Savannah view June 17-20!

Just found this thread and excited for our June 2021 trip! This is our first trip as DVC members and can't wait to be back on property enjoying the magic! Things still may be different than our past trips but we don't care! After the long year we have had and no breaks from work (child care provider who has worked every day of this craziness) I am looking forward to just relaxing! Right now we are scheduled June 12-17 at VGF in a 1 bedroom then switch over to AKL-Kidani to a 1 bedroom Savannah view June 17-20!
So glad you found the thread. Here's to a great summer! I know you definitely deserve a break from the sound of it! I will add you to the list. I would love to stay at a DVC villa sometime!

We're on the board for June 7-12 at All Star Movies! Very excited to get back to the magic!

We're on the board for June 7-12 at All Star Movies! Very excited to get back to the magic!
:tink:Welcome! It is exciting to have a plan in place! I spent part of a day, exploring All Star Movies with my young daughter. We both really enjoyed the theme of the resort. I am sure you will have a great time!
Please add me to the group! May 31-June 4. We are staying at Art of Animation.
:smickey: Welcome to our group! Looking forward to hearing about your plans!

Add me! We went in December I to January and just booked a redo of our June trip we tried to do last summer!
June 26-june 23 at OkW!

Add me! We went in December I to January and just booked a redo of our June trip we tried to do last summer!
June 26-june 23 at OkW!
You are on the list! I have always thought OKW is a beautiful resort that I would love to stay at sometime. Have you stayed there before?

You are on the list! I have always thought OKW is a beautiful resort that I would love to stay at sometime. Have you stayed there before?
We haven't! I'm excited to try it out especially because I've heard their rooms are larger than other DVC rooms! It looks very peaceful!

What are the "normal" park hours for June?

Typically the hours are 9:00 to 9:00. or 9:00 to 10:00. In the past, one or two parks would stay open until midnight. But not sure if that will be the same for this summer. I know that they announced earlier this week that the extra evening hours will stop starting in 2022. And my guess is that there will still be reduced hours this summer that Disney says is due to COVID. The official June hours for this summer have not been posted yet on Disney's site.

Hey there, June travelers! I’m excited join your ranks... we are heading down June 27-30 for a relaxing resort/Disney Springs only trip - no parks this time, unless we decide last minute to go for one day.

A little background... me, my sis, my (adult) niece, and my sis-in-law had a girls trip scheduled for March 2020, which then got moved to October 2020, then to January 2021, and is now scheduled in April 2021. Niece and sis-in-law can’t travel right now due to the NYS quarantine requirements because they can’t work remotely and can’t take off extra time to cover the quarantine period, so we keep having to push that trip until either the quarantine requirements change or the vaccine is fully rolled out. We are hoping this time it sticks! Niece is a teacher so she will actually be getting her vaccine soon. Sis and I can travel any time because sis doesn’t work and I am currently working remotely so we can both quarantine.

Anyhoo, with all of that rescheduling and moving stuff around, we have Southwest LUV vouchers that expire on 6/30, so what better way to use them than to come back to the happiest place on earth? Niece has a school break in late June/early July so she can quarantine if needed, but there’s still some risk that sis-in-law won’t be able to join us.

We decided to do a resort/Disney Springs only trip since that will probably be a busy week with the Fourth of July crowds starting to come in. And since we plan on spending a bunch of time at DS, we thought SSR would be fun to try for the first time so we can just walk over the bridge or take a boat to get there.

We got a good AP hotel discount and we will request a refurbished room, understanding it’s not a guarantee, but from what I’ve read it looks like most of the resort will be done by then. It looks like it has some nice pool areas to relax at!

We plan on doing some resort hopping to try out a few new-to-us resort restaurants and will eat the rest of our meals at DS. If we decide on a whim to go to a park one day, we can do that too... we will play that by ear.

I’m really looking forward to hearing about your trips, too!

Hey there, June travelers! I’m excited join your ranks... we are heading down June 27-30 for a relaxing resort/Disney Springs only trip - no parks this time, unless we decide last minute to go for one day.

Anyhoo, with all of that rescheduling and moving stuff around, we have Southwest LUV vouchers that expire on 6/30, so what better way to use them than to come back to the happiest place on earth? Niece has a school break in late June/early July so she can quarantine if needed, but there’s still some risk that sis-in-law won’t be able to join us.

We decided to do a resort/Disney Springs only trip since that will probably be a busy week with the Fourth of July crowds starting to come in. And since we plan on spending a bunch of time at DS, we thought SSR would be fun to try for the first time so we can just walk over the bridge or take a boat to get there.

I’m really looking forward to hearing about your trips, too!

:cheer2: Happy to have you join us in our planning for June!

A girls only trip sounds like so much fun. Like you, my trip has been scheduled an rescheduled and rescheduled. So much so, that I might have to postpone again. I hope not. But with the way things are going and things are still unstable I might have to change dates once again. But for now, I am hoping that the summer time works for us. There is just so much you can do at Disney, that I am sure you will have a fantastic time without hitting the parks. As you said, you can always decide to go for a day if you want. SSR's location will be great for you when you want to do a bit of shopping and for meals. Then lots of pool time hanging with your gal pals sounds very relaxing to me!

I have always just gone to WDW with immediate family but would love to go with my extended family or friends. I just think it would lots of fun to run around and explore the parks and other resorts, enjoying great food and laughs with them.

I'm in for June 5-11 at All-Star Movies. My birthday falls on the 8th so this will truly be a birthday celebration to remember!

Well reservations for June 19-25 at Yacht Club have been made, 5 day tickets with hoppers have been bought, and park reservations have been made. Now waiting on making dining reservations on April 20. It's getting real, folks.

Hi everyone, we will be in WDW from 6/1-6/11 celebrating my DD's High School Graduation. She originally wanted to take a cruise, but with the uncertainty of the cruises, she decided that she wanted to do a WDW trip instead. We are staying 6 nights at AKL Kidani in a 2 bedroom Savannah View and then moving over to BWV for 4 nights in a 1 bedroom. Even though we were just there in December, we are all very excited to be heading back in June.

I'm in for June 5-11 at All-Star Movies. My birthday falls on the 8th so this will truly be a birthday celebration to remember!

:tink: Birthday pixie dust! WDW is a perfect place to celebrate your birthday!

Well reservations for June 19-25 at Yacht Club have been made, 5 day tickets with hoppers have been bought, and park reservations have been made. Now waiting on making dining reservations on April 20. It's getting real, folks.
:boat:WOO HOO! Here's to June fun in the sun!:boat:
Hi everyone, we will be in WDW from 6/1-6/11 celebrating my DD's High School Graduation. She originally wanted to take a cruise, but with the uncertainty of the cruises, she decided that she wanted to do a WDW trip instead. We are staying 6 nights at AKL Kidani in a 2 bedroom Savannah View and then moving over to BWV for 4 nights in a 1 bedroom. Even though we were just there in December, we are all very excited to be heading back in June.

My DD is graduating from high school this spring too! :simba:

:tink:

My crew will be at Fort Wilderness June 6th - 12th. I haven't been on a summer trip in about 20 years so this will be very different from our usual Feb or Oct trip. I know it's going to be so hot and humid but I'm from Georgia so it's not like I'm not used to the weather. Gonna be different being in the parks in that kind of heat. We had to cancel our trip in 2020 and this was the best time for us this year. I'm so ready for a much needed break.

My crew will be at Fort Wilderness June 6th - 12th. I haven't been on a summer trip in about 20 years so this will be very different from our usual Feb or Oct trip. I know it's going to be so hot and humid but I'm from Georgia so it's not like I'm not used to the weather. Gonna be different being in the parks in that kind of heat. We had to cancel our trip in 2020 and this was the best time for us this year. I'm so ready for a much needed break.
Welcome to our thread! It sounds like this trip will be a different one for you but that you are realistic about what the weather might hold. Bring on summer!

Well, we booked our airfare, so I guess it's on! Then once we booked our airfare, my parents did... and then when I told my brother, he planned the road trip for his family and booked their hotels for the way down.

It's going to be interesting and different, but we haven't seen each other in nearly a year so it's time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter