Redirect to App store

bidnow5

DIS Veteran
His is just stupid I'm about to give up I'm getting redirected to the App Store I've and over. First I would never buy any app that I get redirected too second this site is losing its value to me every time I get redirected

Just made a post on this too. Unfortunately didn't see yours as I was being directed to the App Store!

This has been happening to me a lot lately too. On an iPhone

I've read that the site owners may not be aware that one of their advertisers is causing this, so hopefully these posts serve notice to the DIS that this is happening and we are not happy about it.

It's been happening to me quite a bit too. I thought I just had fat fingers and accidentally tapped on the ad, LOL.

In the same boat. Not liking it at all. Can't scroll to read a post without being sent to the App Store.

I posted this before and I don't want to sound like a broken record but you can eliminate this problem until it's fixed by the website by restricting the apps store in your iPhone settings.

You'll have to use a short pin code to access it in the future unless you go in and make it accessible again through your settings. The App Store icon will disappear from your screen but you can always access it, again, by changing your settings.

I know it's not fixing the root of the problem but it can't redirect to something it doesn't have access to. I did this about 3 weeks ago because I've had the same issue on a few websites. No pop ups since.

Also an iPhone user and also being redirected to the App Store every time I try to click forum pages or posts.

I've tried clearing my cache, deleting my history, and doing a hard refresh shutting down then reststarting... nothing. I've tried uninstalling then reinstalling the DIS board app - none of these has corrected the problem.

My larger concern is if DIS boards have been hacked & this is the outcome... how safe is the app for users? What could we be being "infected" with every time we innocently click...

Also an iPhone user and also being redirected to the App Store every time I try to click forum pages or posts.

I've tried clearing my cache, deleting my history, and doing a hard refresh shutting down then reststarting... nothing. I've tried uninstalling then reinstalling the DIS board app - none of these has corrected the problem.

My larger concern is if DIS boards have been hacked & this is the outcome... how safe is the app for users? What could we be being "infected" with every time we innocently click...

It isn't a hack and reinstalling won't get rid of the problem. The only way to solve it is by either not using the app or turning off access to the app store in your settings. Either way is unacceptable.

The problem won't be fixed or addressed.

We've started to notice this behaviour over the past few days as well, only it's happening from Safari (on iPhone) rather than through the DISBoards app (which I appreciate isn't working any more).

The redirect seems to normally be to the app store, but we've also had one which just redirected to another page.

Rather worryingly, the places we get redirected to seem to be of a rather "questionable" / "adult" nature...

This has been happening to me for about a month. Will someone post here of it gets fixed? I don't want to leave my App Store access off forever if I don't have to!

Same issue here.

So I have to turn off ALL access to the App Store so I can't go there at all?

I've been having the same problem too. And on my computer. I noticed they've addressed the computer issue, is anyone looking into the iPhone/app issue?

I thought I turned it off, but I've been redirected back to the App Store a couple of times since. Are there directions on what I need to do for iPhone to turn the App Store off?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter