Redeeming/activating Canadian passes/tickets

Lindaapple

Mouseketeer
Hi! We have purchased the 4 day magic your way Canadian resident special offer tickets/passes from our travel agency. I realize that we have to show our passports to redeem/activate the tickets when we arrive. We are staying offsite and not planning to go to a Disney park on our arrival day but am wondering if it is possible to redeem/activate our passes/tickets at Disney Springs on our arrival day even though we are not planning to visit a park that day, mainly so that we don't have to spend time doing this on the day that we do visit the park and so that we don't have to carry our passports around the park. Also, if this is possible, where in Disney Springs do we do this. Thanks so much!! :)

Hi! We have purchased the 4 day magic your way Canadian resident special offer tickets/passes from our travel agency. I realize that we have to show our passports to redeem/activate the tickets when we arrive. We are staying offsite and not planning to go to a Disney park on our arrival day but am wondering if it is possible to redeem/activate our passes/tickets at Disney Springs on our arrival day even though we are not planning to visit a park that day, mainly so that we don't have to spend time doing this on the day that we do visit the park and so that we don't have to carry our passports around the park. Also, if this is possible, where in Disney Springs do we do this. Thanks so much!! :)
Yes, you can activate your tickets at DS guest relations. I believe it's located in Town Center. That's our plan as well. We arrive March 25th but our first park day isn't until, March 26th so we're headed to DS on our arrival night to activate our tickets.

Yes, you can activate your tickets at DS guest relations. I believe it's located in Town Center. That's our plan as well. We arrive March 25th but our first park day isn't until, March 26th so we're headed to DS on our arrival night to activate our tickets.
Thanks so much for your reply! Have a great time in March! :)

That's what we did last year but beware that your wait time could be very long at Disney Springs depending on the day. We waited over an hour and a half last March break with two small children and didn't get them to bed until close to midnight.

That's what we did last year but beware that your wait time could be very long at Disney Springs depending on the day. We waited over an hour and a half last March break with two small children and didn't get them to bed until close to midnight.
Oh wow! I wonder if that's typical? We are going on May 13th.

Yes, that's the best way to do it to save time. Guest services is in the centre of Disney Springs.

We had a 20 minute wait at Disney Springs on Dec 22 last year (ie. a very busy time of year). Last March break, we activated them our first park day at MK and it was easily twice the wait. At least at Disney Springs, the rest of the family can go shop or eat while you're doing it. Just have all the passports for everyone with the person who is activating them.

Yes, that's the best way to do it to save time. Guest services is in the centre of Disney Springs.

We had a 20 minute wait at Disney Springs on Dec 22 last year (ie. a very busy time of year). Last March break, we activated them our first park day at MK and it was easily twice the wait. At least at Disney Springs, the rest of the family can go shop or eat while you're doing it. Just have all the passports for everyone with the person who is activating them.
That sounds great. Thanks for the info!

That's what we did as well, and what we plan to do again in March. Go to Disney Springs straight from the airport on arrival day and get them activated right away. Last time, we waited probably 15 minutes, but I have also heard of people being given a time to return if the wait is very long. There are cast members with iPads at the entrance, asking what you need to do and they will advise you as to what the approximate wait time will be. On our last trip, we just sat in the lobby inside until they got to us. It wasn't bad, but even if the wait was long, I would rather do it that way and know I had my tickets in hand for rope drop the next morning.

So it's ok for one person to activate tickets for the whole group, as long as they have everyone's ID? Depending on our arrival time and how tired the kids are I'd rather just send one adult over to do this while the other one gets the kids to bed, but I wasn't sure if they would need to see everyone.

So it's ok for one person to activate tickets for the whole group, as long as they have everyone's ID? Depending on our arrival time and how tired the kids are I'd rather just send one adult over to do this while the other one gets the kids to bed, but I wasn't sure if they would need to see everyone.

I did it for all 4 of us at Xmas.

My last trip I went to Disney Springs. Guest Service is near Deluxe Burger. I stay onsite so after arriving at resort I took the bus to D. Springs to redeem voucher for ticket. You give your name to person out by the door, ( I didn’t know this so wasted time till someone told me) then sit and wait. I think it was a 15 min wait for me in late November. Around 7:00pm.
Then grabbed a burger at Deluxe! So good.

When I went to DL in Sept 2017 I thought I could do the same thing, but you can’t redeem ahead there. Totally different system. For those going to DL- you go with your voucher straight to turnstile the day you are going into park and they take your pic and give you the ticket right there. No finger print in DL. They just look at photo. Line goes so much faster. Oops, I forgot to bring passport to park, but they accepted my Canadian DL. Good thing as we wanted to RD. I was lucky.

We purchased our MYW package via Disney, and did not have to show our passports. This was last week. My sister on the other hand, purchased tickets and hotel separately, and had to show her passport at guest services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter