• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Red Tag Stroller for Infant

mattburmeister

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have experience with Red Tagging a Stroller for a 6 month old?

I've heard about red tagging a stroller for children with ambulatory issues but I wasn't sure if this was also intended for infants who cannot walk and have trouble sitting up for more than a few minutes. Last time we went my son was 3 months old and it was challenging to hold him for long shows and it would be much easier to have him sit in his stroller since he can't support himself but I didn't want to take advantage of this program.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Does your son have any particular physical delays? The stroller-as-wheelchair tag is not generally given simply because infants can't sit up. That's pretty much typical infant development and something the family should be prepared to manage if planning a trip to a large theme park. Or do you as the parent have a disability that makes it hard to hold a young child? If so you'll need to be prepared to explain the situation when requesting the S-A-W tag.

Does anyone have experience with Red Tagging a Stroller for a 6 month old?

I've heard about red tagging a stroller for children with ambulatory issues but I wasn't sure if this was also intended for infants who cannot walk and have trouble sitting up for more than a few minutes. Last time we went my son was 3 months old and it was challenging to hold him for long shows and it would be much easier to have him sit in his stroller since he can't support himself but I didn't want to take advantage of this program.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
No, the stroller as a wheelchair tag is not intended to be used for infants with no other need. It is used with older children with mobility issues that are too large to be carried and also for children with sensory issues that need the buffer provided by a stroller.

For a 6 month old, I'd recommend a front carrier, sling, or similar type carrier.

Are you really encouraging every family with an infant to get a disability tag for their stroller? Or did I miss something in the OP's post? It doesn't seem the request is disability-related.
A child who can't sit up? I read this as an actually disabled child and not someone too lazy to hold an infant. Nevermind. I wouldn't bring a 6 month old to Disney anyway, but that's a whole different issue. Just carry your baby or don't bring the baby.

A child who can't sit up? I read this as an actually disabled child and not someone too lazy to hold an infant. Nevermind. I wouldn't bring a 6 month old to Disney anyway, but that's a whole different issue. Just carry your baby or don't bring the baby.
The OP doesn't indicate the child has any disability, nor does he mention that he has a disability that would impact his ability to carry the child. He only mentions that his 6 month old is unable to sit independently for more than a few minutes (developmentally appropriate for a 6 month old) and when they brought the child as a 3 month old, it was challenging to hold him for long shows. Can you imagine the chaos if every family with an infant started bringing strollers into shows?

No, the stroller as a wheelchair tag is not intended to be used for infants with no other need. It is used with older children with mobility issues that are too large to be carried and also for children with sensory issues that need the buffer provided by a stroller.

For a 6 month old, I'd recommend a front carrier, sling, or similar type carrier.
Or if there is a disabled infant that infant needs to be in a stroller for another reason due to their disability- i.e. an infant with a g-tube requiring being reclined in a certain way for feeds that can last for long periods of time.

Or if there is a disabled infant that infant needs to be in a stroller for another reason due to their disability- i.e. an infant with a g-tube requiring being reclined in a certain way for feeds that can last for long periods of time.
Exactly. I included "with no other need" with that exact scenario in mind.

As others have said, this is a disability accommodation. The lines would fill up with strollers if everyone that had a young child that didn't want to hold them, brought their strollers in line. I would either wait until your child is older, or go at the slowest time possible so that there are shorter waits. Plus with less people, the less people breathing on your little one. Too many viruses out there now.

like other said get a career for your child, they will not give out red tag to ever 6 month old

No, the red stroller tag is for children with disabilities. You'll have to carry in your arms or in a carrier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter