Red Light Therapy Device

Lady Gaga

Mouseketeer
Does anyone here own their own personal Red Light Therapy Device?
Either a panel or a handheld device?

And if you - what kind do you have and does it actually work?
I am looking at one to held with my arthritis pain in my knees and back.

TIA!

Have you tried Voltaren gel? Salonpas with Lidocaine (pick the right one)? Shock absorbing long distance runner sneakers - the New Balance Fuel Cell have been life changing for me? Changing oil to olive oil and dropping wheat, I don't really think it is the oils or the what themselves but the chemicals added and the GMO seem to make swelling worse.

Can you stay off of the injury a few days when it gets bad? Have crutches or anything?

Last edited:
I have one, didn't help my arthritis one bit. I highly recommend a far infrared heating pad if you haven't tried one, I've had much better luck with that.

Have you tried Voltaren gel? Salonpas with Lidocaine (pick the right one)? Shock absorbing long distance runner sneakers - the New Balance Fuel Cell have been life changing for me? Changing oil to olive oil and dropping wheat, I don't really think it is the oils or the what themselves but the chemicals added and the GMO seem to make swelling worse.

Can you stay off of the injury a few days when it gets bad? Have crutches or anything?
Oh - I've tried every kind of gels and creams and arthritis relief OTC meds.

Already use olive oil.

Just sitting on my butt is not an option. LOL

Last edited:
I haven't used any handheld devices. I was in a spa once and they had a room for the red light therapy. Basically we just lay under the lights for 10-20 minutes at the most. I thought it was going to be some placebo type thing, so I wasn't expecting anything. But after 10 minutes I did feel more energized and a sense of energy flow in my whole body. :thumbsup2

Infrared light is a type of heat lamp. I have seen some commercials for an LED type red light that claims it helps your hair to grow, but not sure if there is any reputable science behind that.

I haven't used any handheld devices. I was in a spa once and they had a room for the red light therapy. Basically we just lay under the lights for 10-20 minutes at the most. I thought it was going to be some placebo type thing, so I wasn't expecting anything. But after 10 minutes I did feel more energized and a sense of energy flow in my whole body. :thumbsup2
Thanks! Your answer was very helpful!

Infrared light is a type of heat lamp. I have seen some commercials for an LED type red light that claims it helps your hair to grow, but not sure if there is any reputable science behind that.
Yes, I am aware of what Infrared Light is - there are panels and also handheld devices.
I was wanting responses from people who have used them - and did get one from Imzadi.

I dont have a personal one, but I use the total body enhancement machine at planet fitness. I find it gives me more energy and it helps fade scars and make breakouts heal faster. There is a vibration plate in the machine (you stand in it like a tanning booth) but I think you can turn that part off or make it very gentle. I love the machine, its very relaxing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter