Recommended offsite restaurants?

Cara

DIS Veteran
I'm tagging along with my husband, who has a conference at the Anaheim Convention Center in June. We're staying at the Candy Cane Inn, provided they reopen on schedule. I'll be spending a couple of days on my own at Disneyland and then just relaxing/reading/sitting by the pool at the hotel. What walking-distance restaurants would you recommend? (a mile-ish in any direction) I'm very excited! My husband and I will hit Disneyland/California Adventure for two days after the conference. I haven't been to Disneyland since 2007!

Nice! I love the pizza place inside the Anaheim hotel. Used to be called Pizza Press. I haven't been there since Covid so I'm not even sure it survived but I hope so. It's very close to Candy Cane Inn, too.

Near the convention center, I like the restaurant in the Marriott. Some larger conventions also bring in food trucks which can sometimes have good food as well.
Close to Disneyland, I would recommend Mimi's Cafe. Also check out whatever is in Garden Walk.

I'd definitely recommend a ride to the Packing House, so many good non-chain local options. I'm not a fan of anyplace at Garden Walk or Mimi's. Not a chain person. Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles is the other direction on Harbor and great food. Yes, a local chain but delicious. That's just a block down on Harbor from Katella.

Lots of options, depending on what you like. Morton's and Flemings are always on my list for dinner.

Lots of good recommendations -- thank you! And I just looked up the Packing District! :eek::hyper: DEFINITELY!!!

Packing district is amazing!! We love the poutine. A couple good breweries are there too! If you have a car, we recommend Don Churros. So yummy!! And joes Italian ice too! The 5th has amazing views of the parks. The food is decent, nothing high end. More pub style. The new Westin has a rooftop bar we want to check out too. Oh and pizza Press is still there and has great pizza and ice cream cookie sandwiches. Have a great trip!

Is Packing District good for kids too? We’re big foodies, but our four year old who will be with us is less adventurous.

Puesto is great Mexican food walking distance to you. It’s at the Westin on Katella. Fantastic tacos and Margaritas. A little pricey but half off on Tuesdays if you can swing that.
I want to clarify, Puesto's is great millennial Mexican tacos with good margaritas. It is on the pricey side. It is good, but a little different than traditional mexican food.

Is Packing District good for kids too? We’re big foodies, but our four year old who will be with us is less adventurous.
Yes there’s “safe” food options there for kids. I brought my then 6 and 4 year olds there. I wanna say there’s a grilled cheese place as soon as you walk in.

OP if you go to the Packing District I recommend Kettle Bar for cajun. The pan roast is amazing.

If you're ok with public transit, there's an In-N-Out Burger north on Harbor Blvd at Orangethorpe. Take the #43 bus, $2 each way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter